+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Applications we no longer process
As of June 18, 2019, we’ll no longer process new work permit applications to work as in-home caregivers if:
  • you’re applying from outside Canada
  • you’re applying through the TFWP
  • you’ll be working outside of Quebec, and
  • your employer applied for an LMIA on or after
You missed this part:
Temporary work for caregivers
If you don’t meet the requirements for permanent residence as a caregiver, you may be able to work temporarily.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Anyway, I dunno how these two Filipino caregivers arrived last year and early this year (i wish I can give their contact number for you to ask them personally). I asked them and they said that they submitted LMIA. I also thought that it was close for outside applicants. But after reading this link, it says that you can still acquire temporary work permit WITHOUT possibility of PR.

Reactions: myrrah0315

joe_cic

Apr 12, 2017
Anyway, I dunno how these two Filipino caregivers arrived last year and early this year (i wish I can give their contact number for you to ask them personally). I asked them and they said that they submitted LMIA. I also thought that it was close for outside applicants. But after reading this link, it says that you can still acquire temporary work permit WITHOUT possibility of PR.
Read this — same link you shared:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/notices/hiring-caregivers-overseas.html

Notice: Important information for employers hiring in-home caregivers from overseas
If you are submitting an LMIA application on or after June 18, 2019 with the intention of hiring a caregiver from outside of Canada for a position located outside Quebec, please be advised that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will not issue a work permit to the foreign national allowing them to work for you.

In most cases, the foreign national(s) that you name in your LMIA application must already be in Canada with a valid work or study permit in order to be eligible for a work permit based on an LMIA.

Airpadua

Jun 26, 2021
I met two Filipinos who just landed here last year and early this year. Ircc offered suggestions of TFW for people who cannot wait for 12 months processing. But you still need to apply for HCCP (for PR purposes).

Read this link: it mentioned TFW as temporary. It means, you can still enter (without your dependents) in Canada and work temporarily as a caregiver. That’s what I did. I spent money to apply to TFW and HCCP at the same time.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers.html

But since you waited for a long time already, it’s too late for this. But for some people who just applied recently, they can apply to both program AT THE SAME TIME (the only thing is you have to pay both). TFW will just take 6 months (3 months for LMIA processing, 3 months or more for work permit).
Hi, in this TFW can apply with dependents at the same time of application?

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Hi, in this TFW can apply with dependents at the same time of application?
No. TFW is TEMPORARY only so no dependents. That’s why the 2 person I know applied for HCCP too.
im also confused with this TFW thing, but I’m wondering how did these 2 Filipinos arrived few months ago with LMIA. But if you really want to start working (even with dependents), try TFW. If you’ve been denied, at least you still have ongoing application in HCCP. I also spent money to both because I don’t want to stay UNEMPLOYED for 2 years. It’s not risky, it’s only a waste of money once you got denied (but at least you tried).

Airpadua

Jun 26, 2021
No. TFW is TEMPORARY only so no dependents. That’s why the 2 person I know applied for HCCP too.
im also confused with this TFW thing, but I’m wondering how did these 2 Filipinos arrived few months ago with LMIA. But if you really want to start working (even with dependents), try TFW. If you’ve been denied, at least you still have ongoing application in HCCP. I also spent money to both because I don’t want to stay UNEMPLOYED for 2 years. It’s not risky, it’s only a waste of money once you got denied (but at least you tried).
Thank you for the information.

Reactions: ProudNanny

canada2000

Oct 6, 2010
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes .. I think lot of applicants got the documents request and soon we must see some progress.

Reactions: GillN

Airpadua

Jun 26, 2021
Hi, may i know what program have those Filipino used when they entered Canada with LMIA?

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Hi, may i know what program have those Filipino used when they entered Canada with LMIA?
Temporary Foreign Worker or TFW. So no PR for them unless they will send an HCCP application. In the dropdown menu, there’s a Caregiver option. But ircc will issue you a work permit that says “not eligible for PR” and “must leave Canada after expiration”. The only risk you can get is wasting money once you denied, but at least you still have an ongoing HCCP application. If money is not an issue with you, try TFW, you’ll be here after 6 months

Airpadua

Jun 26, 2021
Temporary Foreign Worker or TFW. So no PR for them unless they will send an HCCP application. In the dropdown menu, there’s a Caregiver option. But ircc will issue you a work permit that says “not eligible for PR” and “must leave Canada after expiration”. The only risk you can get is wasting money once you denied, but at least you still have an ongoing HCCP application. If money is not an issue with you, try TFW, you’ll be here after 6 months
i am applying with dependents so i think TWF is not for me, i would like to ask also, is there a specific form for a job offer that the employer needs to filled up? because i couldn't find it in the web. thank you

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
i am applying with dependents so i think TWF is not for me, i would like to ask also, is there a specific form for a job offer that the employer needs to filled up? because i couldn't find it in the web. thank you
It’s in the checklist. I’m lazy to search it now. Hahaha! But there’s a form entitled JOB OFFER (then you can tick if it’s HCCP or HSW). Google “home child care provider pilot checklist” or try hccp guide.

regarding TFW, they did was apply in TFW (they didn’t include their dependents first), then at the same time submit an HCCP application for their dependents and PR. You can apply now thru TFW because there’s no maximum quota. Then, just endure being away from your family for a year, but at least you are working already.