Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Hi Quami , did your employee submit proof of funds, since she is going with her spouse and baby or she won't be going with her family?

I am applying with my spouse, would I need Proof of funds?
They didn't submit proof of funds. And IRCC hasn't asked for it either.

BUT, I have heard from another employer wherein IRCC wanted the employee to submit proof of funds as they believe the caregiver's income is not sufficient for their family of 4 or 5...

bonefree13

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers.html#pr

Updated on feb 9, 2021. Please read the site for full info.

Work permit applications related to a permanent residence application:

Delays in processing your permanent residence application mean that any work permit application related to it may also take longer to process. This includes occupation-restricted open work permits under the Home Child Care Provider or Home Support Worker Pilots
bridging open work permits
open work permits for Interim Pathway for Caregivers applicants
open work permits for Live-in Caregiver Program applicants

Note: If we already sent you a letter saying you’re eligible under the permanent residence program you applied for, the decision on your work permit application should not be delayed.

You should also consider:

Work permit applications that depend on a decision on a permanent residence application, such as those under the Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker Pilots, may take a year or, in some cases, even more. This is because we have to assess the PR application first before issuing the work permit. This also means you could be on maintained status for a year or more.

Vyn

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers.html#pr

Updated on feb 9, 2021. Please read the site for full info.

Work permit applications related to a permanent residence application:

Delays in processing your permanent residence application mean that any work permit application related to it may also take longer to process. This includes occupation-restricted open work permits under the Home Child Care Provider or Home Support Worker Pilots
bridging open work permits
open work permits for Interim Pathway for Caregivers applicants
open work permits for Live-in Caregiver Program applicants

Note: If we already sent you a letter saying you’re eligible under the permanent residence program you applied for, the decision on your work permit application should not be delayed.

You should also consider:

Work permit applications that depend on a decision on a permanent residence application, such as those under the Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker Pilots, may take a year or, in some cases, even more. This is because we have to assess the PR application first before issuing the work permit. This also means you could be on maintained status for a year or more.
Hi,

What is the meaning of this sentence "This also mens you could be on maintained status for a year or more".

Thank you.

rn_ontario0007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hi,

What is the meaning of this sentence "This also mens you could be on maintained status for a year or more".

Thank you.
When your work permit expires and decided not to get a new work permit (LMIA) while waiting for the decision of the pr/bowp application, it is now called maintained status previously known as implied status.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
When your work permit expires and decided not to get a new work permit (LMIA) while waiting for the decision of the pr/bowp application, it is now called maintained status previously known as implied status.
So this is for inside?

DUnknown

Feb 14, 2021
Thank you for such an informative thread everyone, WOW!!!

I have submitted the application via post and confirmed through DHL tracking that it has been received in Edmonton. It's now been two weeks and I am still unable to link the application online to my GCKey account. Does anyone have any ideas please?
Lol, you have found the forum I was telling about on naira......., hope you have read for yourself now?.... good luck, it will end in praise for us all.

OhCanada2020

Star Member
Jun 17, 2020
Thank you for such an informative thread everyone, WOW!!!

I have submitted the application via post and confirmed through DHL tracking that it has been received in Edmonton. It's now been two weeks and I am still unable to link the application online to my GCKey account. Does anyone have any ideas please?
Well, what can I say then that I wish you good luck.
You should be aware that you are at the beginning of the journey called "waiting" for more than 1,5 year.
Not to mention that you will not be able to link your application for probably 1 whole year.
After that you need to wait in queque, because today is 2021 and they did not proccesed applications from 2019.
I am also in that group of applicants from 2019 applied in September and still waiting for update about my work permit.
Better plan your life for next 2 years, because that is time that you will wait for approving your work permit.

Reactions: Vyn

canada2000

Oct 6, 2010
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should be aware that you are at the beginning of the journey called "waiting" for more than 1,5 year.
Not to mention that you will not be able to link your application for probably 1 whole year.
After that you need to wait in queque, because today is 2021 and they did not proccesed applications from 2019.
I am also in that group of applicants from 2019 applied in September and still waiting for update about my work permit.
Better plan your life for next 2 years, because that is time that you will wait for approving your work permit.
Really bad... they should process the applications.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Would b nicer if they issue temporary visas while we all wait. Better spend this time with family back home and avoid the extra spending on rent insurance n other bills.

Reactions: Wandaaa and Pomme

rn_ontario0007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Would b nicer if they issue temporary visas while we all wait. Better spend this time with family back home and avoid the extra spending on rent insurance n other bills.
Yadav, you can apply for eTA as long as you have valid work permit.. and, they will allow you to enter because the IRCC considered our NOC as essential.

Julyyyyyy

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
[/QUO
Haven't you gotten your Bowp yet? I applied almost same as you on Aug 2019, and I got Bowp just 2weeks ago. I expect and hope that you will get yours soon.