+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

Rose garden

Dec 5, 2020
I wonder why too. Probably because it is under healthcare sector, however no one outside canada can apply an LMIA as it was already removed last 2019, I think. Those eligible to apply with LMIA are caregivers inside canada who entered the previous pathways (LCP,TFW), and those who are changing employers or jobs under Covid temporary public policy.
I'm wondering why It doesn't make sense. It is the pilot program that has purpose for being helped family under health care sector. The applicants out or inside Canada can't be different. If there is a restriction because of Covid can be processing speed between outside applicants and inside applicants. Because inside applicants don't have difficulties staying in Canada at this point.
IRCC needs to satisfy everyone fairly and keep their first promise for this program.

Reactions: Pomme

Xpress

May 16, 2017
I helped a few friends with young kids submit this application last year from March to July. They have not received any updates on the file nor an application #.

One of them has tried to contact them through the webform 3-4 times (without an application number) and he gets back the same automated response every time, something like "please fill the form again with full information", even when he clearly writes that he has no application #.

From reading the posts here, it seemsto take over 1 year to get the file number.

mv1017

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
I helped a few friends with young kids submit this application last year from March to July. They have not received any updates on the file nor an application #.

One of them has tried to contact them through the webform 3-4 times (without an application number) and he gets back the same automated response every time, something like "please fill the form again with full information", even when he clearly writes that he has no application #.

From reading the posts here, it seemsto take over 1 year to get the file number.
Check out on my post on contacting IRCC:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/tips-on-contacting-ircc-for-the-home-child-care-provider-pilot-webform-and-phone.710809/

You can still contact IRCC without an application number. I've done it before and just put my work permit fee receipt number in the application number section

bonefree13

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Whatever it means, it is still a positive step. The 2018-2019 LMIA applicants backlog being cleared will lead to the HCCP Pilot applicant being processed quicker :)
There are no backlogs on caregiver applications with LMIA as work permits are filed online. Also, caregiver applicants with LMIA are getting results from 10days to a month or less because it is on temporary public policy which expedites the processing time. In short, our hccp/hsw applications are slowly moving and still not their priority unlike students, CEC.

Last edited:

bonefree13

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
I'm wondering why It doesn't make sense. It is the pilot program that has purpose for being helped family under health care sector. The applicants out or inside Canada can't be different. If there is a restriction because of Covid can be processing speed between outside applicants and inside applicants. Because inside applicants don't have difficulties staying in Canada at this point.
IRCC needs to satisfy everyone fairly and keep their first promise for this program.
I read somewhere that PR applications are not finalized yet, even though they are already completed, because of the travel restrictions in effect. Once it is lifted and it is safe to travel, they will start to give COPR and visas so they can enter Canada.
HCCP/HSW are under PR processing and once approved, principal applicants and their dependents can travel with them. This is the only reason I am seeing as to why they are not touching our applications despite so many interviews of the Minister pointing out caregivers' application dilemma.

Two weeks ago, the minister said in an interview that backlogs are caused by covid and will make sure that caregiver applicants should at least receive an AOR. However, nothing is released yet. Instead, they sent out 27300+ ITAs under CEC and more flexibility options for students. Though they will send an online application, more staffs are still needed to process them. They have resources for other immigration streams but not for our applications.

Reactions: Wandaaa

Mia.Phloidao

Jul 22, 2020
I read somewhere that PR applications are not finalized yet, even though they are already completed, because of the travel restrictions in effect. Once it is lifted and it is safe to travel, they will start to give COPR and visas so they can enter Canada.
HCCP/HSW are under PR processing and once approved, principal applicants and their dependents can travel with them. This is the only reason I am seeing as to why they are not touching our applications despite so many interviews of the Minister pointing out caregivers' application dilemma.

Two weeks ago, the minister said in an interview that backlogs are caused by covid and will make sure that caregiver applicants should at least receive an AOR. However, nothing is released yet. Instead, they sent out 27300+ ITAs under CEC and more flexibility options for students. Though they will send an online application, more staffs are still needed to process them. They have resources for other immigration streams but not for our applications.
This is sad

Hercar612

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Unfortunately, no one knows why this program is not progressing or the least priority of IRCC. This pilot is supposed to run for 5 years and it is now almost 2 years, yet none has received any decision or approval. Whatever the reason, it would make sense if this program will freeze in accepting new applications BUT proceed with the processing of existing applicants (if immigration cannot handle the work load during this pandemic). All of us has invested so much time, effort and money for our applications. They should not leave us in uncertainty.

Care

Feb 3, 2020
Hi just an inquiry. Applied May 2020 inside Canada and no AOr yet too. I just have a question with you guys. My consultant asked me proof of funds with the application because he said that IRCC might check it when we get the PR approval. So basically, since May I’ve been maintaining a proof of balance in my bank account for 3 as I have my husband and daughter with my application. Did you guys have a prrof of funds too? Thank you!

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011

If that is the case, I don't see why they cannot process eligibility or background checks etc. Ours has been in that stage since they received it in July 2019.

Not just because of COVID, they're not gonna touch the files at all. They can still continue to process and once people can travel, they can issue the visas then. At least we know there's some progress.

It's just really not making any sense right now

canada2000

Oct 6, 2010
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If that is the case, I don't see why they cannot process eligibility or background checks etc. Ours has been in that stage since they received it in July 2019.

Not just because of COVID, they're not gonna touch the files at all. They can still continue to process and once people can travel, they can issue the visas then. At least we know there's some progress.

True

Reactions: mv1017 and farazfs

bonefree13

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018

I really have no words to say at all. COVID is their main reason for that, always, if you have watched minister's interview. The other thing that I could think of why they are not processing this pilot, since they are not allowing people to come inside canada, is those caregivers who are already here can just get an LMIA and extend their work permit or change employers with the same job.

It's really sad and depressing to know that students, CEC, and spousal sponsorship have been given attention and action with their applications and yet, ours are just sitting there and filing up.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
I really have no words to say at all. COVID is their main reason for that, always, if you have watched minister's interview. The other thing that I could think of why they are not processing this pilot, since they are not allowing people to come inside canada, is those caregivers who are already here can just get an LMIA and extend their work permit or change employers with the same job.

It's really sad and depressing to know that students, CEC, and spousal sponsorship have been given attention and action with their applications and yet, ours are just sitting there and filing up.
Covid has become a convenient excuse

Reactions: roye and mv1017

EEdreamer

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
I've heard rumours that there are new AORs received for Feb2020 and PR approved for 2019 from facebook groups. Still waiting for others to confirm.

Reactions: roye

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
I've heard rumours that there are new AORs received for Feb2020 and PR approved for 2019 from facebook groups. Still waiting for others to confirm.
We need more than AORs. They accept applications and not really work on it

farazfs

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
AOR recieved today for 24th feb 2020 applicant. its confirmed. PR got by Interim Program not HCCP or HSW.. confirmed news