+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

Wandaaa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
i am sept 2019 applicant. However it’s your wish to cancel or withdraw your application. You will be getting approval within this year. God help you in your decision
My employer wants to let go of me already because they don’t need me anymore. I don’t know if I can still continue the program by looking for another employer once I get the permit.

Meenakshi Arora

Sep 13, 2020
India
Hello!
I’m from Brazil and also sent my application this month, and they received on January 11 signed also by D. Daina! ☺
I also heard something about that the process was not opened yet this year, that the immigration would say at the end of the month when we could apply again... but sincerely, if this was an official statement, it would be on the IRCC website at the HCCP page, the same way they wrote about the close of the process to new applicants on 2020.
I trust in what they publish on the official site only.
I also sent on January and received on 14th jan, but it doesn't show the signature on delivery.

mv1017

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
I re-assessed your file with our team and immigration. I’m taking your case to the Minister of Immigration and Shadow Minister’s offices to ask for their comment. When I spoke with my immigration liaison recently about your file, I was told they are not prioritizing caregiver applications and your file has essentially been put on hold. All the arguments you’ve made to me previously are very valid, sincere and need to be answered to. It’s just that now, it’s a legislative issue and therefore the Minister has to respond. I know you sent complaints previously to the Minister and received a response, regardless, I’m sending it along.

I’ll ask that they respond to you with a cc’ to our office but if I see something that isn’t sent you, I’ll of course forward it. Minister’s offices are slow with their responses, but I’ll follow up with them to ensure we get some comment. Please note, this doesn’t often change the outcome of an application right away, we’re forwarding your case for legislative changes and this often takes time.

I’m so sorry that I received that news recently from my immigration contact. If you have questions, please let me know.

----this is MPs office response. Employers, I suggest you contact your MPs and voice out your concerns with regards to this program
Hey Quami,

Could you give a copy of your email/letter to the MP. It seems that whatever you said really made them push for an update and contact people . I wound like to get some details. I want to give this to my employer so they can contact their local MP

If you cannot provide the email/letter, could you please just summarize the details so that everyone in this forum has a good structure if their employer contacts the MP

Thanks,
Mv1017

Rose garden

Dec 5, 2020
Relax please. You can see progress on your case by mid 2021.
It has showed 12 month processing time line in ircc web site last year but it was disappeared this year. That means they don't want to guarantee processing time.
I trusted the plan that was mentioned in website and processing time lasted until late 2020.
Ircc needs to keep their plans.
Our times are valuable.
Do you think that there are other ways to help ourselves?

Rose garden

Dec 5, 2020
Iam mortified by this. It's terrible. I am also on the same boat. I'm a Dec 2019 applicant, AOR on Mar 2020 then last update of my application was when they got my biometrics last Oct 2020. Eversince then NOTHING. I even pay for ATIP so I could see any notes what so ever with regards to my PR and BOWP - and it leads me to NOTHING. I am on an implied status as well and I am just lucky that my employer still needs me regardless if my contract ended. This very disappointing. My heart goes to everybody who are struggling and just keep waiting for who knows what. BUt then again, we made it this far. Hopefully, they will do something about this, about us. We just have to keep tha faith, I guess...
It has showed 12 month processing time line in ircc web site last year but it was disappeared this year. That means they don't want to guarantee processing time.
I trusted the plan that was mentioned in website and processing time lasted until late 2020.
Our times are valuable.

canada2000

Oct 6, 2010
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our times are valuable.
By contacting your MPs..

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Hey Quami,

Could you give a copy of your email/letter to the MP. It seems that whatever you said really made them push for an update and contact people . I wound like to get some details. I want to give this to my employer so they can contact their local MP

If you cannot provide the email/letter, could you please just summarize the details so that everyone in this forum has a good structure if their employer contacts the MP

Thanks,
Mv1017
One of my correspondence with MP:
I really hope so since I wasn't expecting it to be this long.

Like I have mentioned before, the intentions of this program is really good for the applicant but it doesn't benefit the employer because of all the delays it's causing.

I understand that with COVID-19, there has been some delays but even prior to that, it was also moving slow. There were some applicants who have applied way after Laira and they were asked for medical already.

Also, it's disappointing to see that other immigration programs are being given more priority. I hope they also prioritize this one. The amount of money applicants have spent on this in the hopes to come here is also quite a bit and it's been more than a year and there's still no progress.

But, I thank you for helping us.

I will update you as soon as we hear something.

Just as an FYI, I have been in touch with MP as early as March or April 2020, when the pandemic started. They have made follow ups with IRCC for a total of 3x. They said they usually make follow ups every 90 days, so they made one in April, July and October. I have joined a round table discussion with our MP and I addressed this concern. He wasn't fully aware of this program. But now, I'm in correspondence with his case manager and she is the one looking into our file and working on it. For some reason, I think the case manager believes my points are valid that's why she's helping me out on this.

I have also sent a message to Minister Mendicino which I will be copying here as well. This was back in the summer.
Hope that all is well with you.

I am writing this letter with regards to the Home Child Care Provider Pilot that was launched last June 2019. First of all, I am in agreement with Hon. Ahmed Hussen with his intent to look after caregivers more than ever by not having them separated from their families when they come here as caregivers. As this is a very admirable intent and I don't have any objections to it as it is a very important benefit to the caregiver, I would like to raise some concerns I have with regards to the employer aspect.

Both me and my husband are working as nurses at a hospital here in Edmonton, Alberta. We started employing caregivers since 2015 when our third child was born. We are looking for a caregiver to come here since it is very difficult to find child care for all my 3 children in one centre that is close to home or close to their school. And I could imagine with the current pandemic, child care centres have limited spaces. Currently, we are managing with looking after the children since my parents are here on a visitors visa. Due to the pandemic, they are unable to go home and so we don't have a problem with child care just yet.

Back then, under the In-Home Child Caregiver Program where the caregiver is still needing LMIA, it was way easier to get a caregiver overseas. They could be here in less than a year. Unfortunately, with the new program, employers, like myself have been needing to wait for so long to have the caregiver come here. The caregiver that I hired submitted her application in July of 2019. As with Hon. Hussen's announcement last year, this program's processing is fast and should not take longer than a year. I understand that with the onset of the pandemic, it really had an impact on processing applications. But in our case, it has been 8 months already (from July 2019 to March 2020) and there really has been no reasonable progress with my future employee's application.

I have noticed that there have been some recent updates with immigration in response to COVID 19. I was hoping that there would be some sort of update as well with getting caregivers to come here as for most of us parents, especially ourselves wherein we cannot really stay at home to work, caregivers are really essential in our daily lives. I am hoping that this program has not been forgotten as it appears that everyone's application under this program has been put to a halt. If this is really the case with this new program, it may be better to bring back the old program where we could get the caregivers to come here in less than a year.

I hope that you will be able to look into this matter and I would appreciate some feedback you may give us.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Do you think it would be helping for somehow?
If it is helpful, we will have individual reault.
So far it is not helpful though.
To be honest, when I contacted our MP last year of March, I was only looking for a favorable result for my particular case. But after almost a year of no movement in the file, it just goes to show that there really is something wrong with how they are not prioritizing caregivers the way they prioritize other applications.

If there would be no complaints, then I believe that this would just carry on. But if there are more people, especially MPs who would try to contact Mendicino, then they might start to think that they should really do something about it.

If you come to think of it, the money that was spent by applicants is not a joke. And what about those applicants who were left by their original employers since they couldn't wait for them anymore because of the time that is taking for them to get here. Employers not willing to wait is totally understandable because the processing time is becoming unacceptable at this point.

I know it's COVID but if they can process other applications during this pandemic, why cannot they do the same for the caregivers? They are needed in this country. Mendicino acknowledged that himself yesterday in an interview with a consultant, saying that they are the backbone of Canadian working families. If that is the case, they better get their act together.

Rose garden

Dec 5, 2020
To be honest, when I contacted our MP last year of March, I was only looking for a favorable result for my particular case. But after almost a year of no movement in the file, it just goes to show that there really is something wrong with how they are not prioritizing caregivers the way they prioritize other applications.

If there would be no complaints, then I believe that this would just carry on. But if there are more people, especially MPs who would try to contact Mendicino, then they might start to think that they should really do something about it.

If you come to think of it, the money that was spent by applicants is not a joke. And what about those applicants who were left by their original employers since they couldn't wait for them anymore because of the time that is taking for them to get here. Employers not willing to wait is totally understandable because the processing time is becoming unacceptable at this point.

I know it's COVID but if they can process other applications during this pandemic, why cannot they do the same for the caregivers? They are needed in this country. Mendicino acknowledged that himself yesterday in an interview with a consultant, saying that they are the backbone of Canadian working families. If that is the case, they better get their act together.
It is a really good point. I would like to try to contact mp.
Thank you so much for sharing your opinion.

Fatimah84t

Feb 1, 2021
Hello,
I am Fatimah and I’m new here. I applied for the HCCP on August 2019.
Got my AoR in October 2019
Medical request and pre-eligibility letter in March 2020.
My employer also got NoA request in January 2020.
I haven’t got any update so far.
I applied from inside Canada and will be on implied status from May 2021.

OhCanada2020

Star Member
Jun 17, 2020
hii, can we withdraw our file form Hccp Program? its not update, I applied from outside India in the Month of March 2020, I read comment also ,IRCC is not caring about this program at all.

1) If yes we can withdraw them how to do?
2) simultaneously, we can put our application in Express entry ?
3) In Express Entry we can put different NOC as well

please reply it.
I will also suggest you to be patient and wait.
You can withdraw your application any time, but you can make mess if your file explaning later why you gave up from this application and apply for different one. Then they will have to check more papers, previous application and new application. Remember, once you provide informations to the immigration you cannot change it, because if you do that they will think that you lie to them and hidding something and tell that is misrepresentation and ban you entrance for 5 years.

Julyyyyyy

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
I got BOWP today and could we have a hope that Ircc is working?
My AOR was Oct 15th 2019.
I applied BOWP MAY 2020.
I passed eligibility Jan 2020.