+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

Geoche

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Thanks I am Just confuse what does it mean? THANKS!
Pause on New Work Permits (“Refusal to Process”)
  • The Department has stopped processing new work permit applications in the two pilot occupations for the duration of the new pilots. The pause does not apply to caregivers in other occupations, those who will work in Quebec, or those applying for work permits from within Canada.

Reactions: Michelle Asuncion

Michelle Asuncion

Apr 1, 2010
  • The Department has stopped processing new work permit applications in the two pilot occupations for the duration of the new pilots. The pause does not apply to caregivers in other occupations, those who will work in Quebec, or those applying for work permits from within Canada.

Reactions: hopeful07

Maulik1977

Jul 24, 2020
They are referring to old program, they will not process work permit under old Caregiver program until 2024, new pilot program are running but slow due to coronavirus

OhCanada2020

Star Member
Jun 17, 2020
They are referring to old program, they will not process work permit under old Caregiver program until 2024, new pilot program are running but slow due to coronavirus
I hope that you are assuming well, couse it's clear written "The Department has stopped processing new work permit applications in the two pilot occupations for the duration of the new pilots".
They didn't mention old program in any context in this two sentences as I see.

• Wow
Reactions: Michelle Asuncion

bolat63

Feb 9, 2018
Hi. I am on PGWP having recently graduated from Nutrition and Food Services. During my studies, I had a part-time in a restaurant but July I will work as a caregiver. I am planning to apply in the HSW pilot program. Should I resign from the restaurant? Do the pilot require one to work ONLY as a caregiver?

OhCanada2020

Star Member
Jun 17, 2020
Hi. I am on PGWP having recently graduated from Nutrition and Food Services. During my studies, I had a part-time in a restaurant but July I will work as a caregiver. I am planning to apply in the HSW pilot program. Should I resign from the restaurant? Do the pilot require one to work ONLY as a caregiver?
Could you tell excatly which program you want to apply? You mentioned first HSW then ask about caregicer?

Chachalava

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
I hope that you are assuming well, couse it's clear written "The Department has stopped processing new work permit applications in the two pilot occupations for the duration of the new pilots".
They didn't mention old program in any context in this two sentences as I see.
This worries me, does this mean it is just a pause bec of the pandemic, but will resume very soon? Or does it mean we dont stand a chance to be approved?

cool_boy007

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
This worries me, does this mean it is just a pause bec of the pandemic, but will resume very soon? Or does it mean we dont stand a chance to be approved?
Why you don’t read it carefully . It says ‘for the duration of new pilot ‘ it means you can apply in two new pilot programs. They will NOT issue any work permit in old pilot programs

Reactions: canada2000

cool_boy007

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Hi
My application was received by edmonton office in 2019 dec 27.
Applied under home child care provider pilot sent webform enquiry they cannot find the file in the system .
I am very worried what should i do ?
I haven’t got any aor or response regarding my application.
Please help!!
Thanks
January applicants are receiving application numbers already