+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
But how come PoLO Toronto aren’t aware of that. They are the one who advised me to do all these stuff but anyway I already got the verified employment contract.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
But how come PoLO Toronto aren’t aware of that. They are the one who advised me to do all these stuff but anyway I already got the verified employment contract.
Good for you. All the payment you made, you won’t use any cents of that coz PR holder are excluded of any OWWA benefits.
But in a lighter note, at least you got what you need to leave Philippines. That’s what all matters.
I’m just thinking of those DIY applicants from Philippines (it’s unfair for them to spend money when agency didn’t make any effort from the submission to approval of their application). But just like my cousin, she paid the agency JUST TO BE ALLOWED to leave Philippines last 2018. Hahahaha! Ridiculous, you gotta pay them even with a visa stamp in your passport. This is the reason why I went to Israel for 3 months as a tourist, to avoid these useless mandates of Philippines. As soon as I got my work permit, I flew to Canada within 2 days, no fuss at all, no scrutiny in the airport.

Reactions: Gjs40

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
I was also informed by POLO Toronto that since her visa is a Worker then she still need to getvthe OEC. But anyhow I just sent an email to POLO Vancouver to clarify this thing and will call them tomorrow.

elaiza_elaiza2002

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
I was also informed by POLO Toronto that since her visa is a Worker then she still need to getvthe OEC. But anyhow I just sent an email to POLO Vancouver to clarify this thing and will call them tomorrow.
Sad reality in the Philippines...

Hope you could get clarification from POLO Vancouver to avoid unnecessary HIGH fees from these Exploitative Agencies.

Thank you for your continuos updates Gjs40.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Great! Kindly update us with whatever you find out. Thanks!!

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
I saw this post from fb page of Home Child Care provider and home support

Re: Advisory from POLO

CFO does not honor the advisory from POLO below. They'll just refer you back to POEA (for OEC). Called POEA, the only OEC-exempt program from Canada daw is AIPP. Sent them a lengthy email with screenshots of the advisory and attachments about the program.
Waiting for their reply. Let's see how this goes.

I did screen shot of that post but I don’t know how to paste it here. Pls check their Fb page.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021

CFO does not honor the advisory from POLO below. They'll just refer you back to POEA (for OEC). Called POEA, the only OEC-exempt program from Canada daw is AIPP. Sent them a lengthy email with screenshots of the advisory and attachments about the program.

I did screen shot of that post but I don’t know how to paste it here. Pls check their Fb page.
Thanks for sharing.
I hope Philippines will give consideration to HCCP applicants. The application for HCCP is too easy to accomplish, but getting permission from the Philippines is more complicated than the application itself, not to mention being costly.
I’m thinking of other ways my sister can leave Philippines without going through that nonsense protocol.
I don’t even know the purpose of OEC.

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Thanks for sharing.
I hope Philippines will give consideration to HCCP applicants. The application for HCCP is too easy to accomplish, but getting permission from the Philippines is more complicated than the application itself, not to mention being costly.
I’m thinking of other ways my sister can leave Philippines without going through that nonsense protocol.
I don’t even know the purpose of OEC.
I understand the protocols of the Philippine government, which is to protect the rights of the worker. In the case of a direct hire, Polo is requiring all the employers to go through that process like an agreement between the employer and the agency through an attorneyto protect the employee from illegal recruitment.

Before I got the verified employment contract from Polo, as an employer I still had to undergo interview like how did you meet your employee, the accommodations, food, health insurance, about the agency, how did you hear about the agency, how much is the payment? Did you already pay the fees, salary of employee, etc..

If a Filipino citizen leave the Philippines holding a worker visa, you need to provide an OEC or you will not be allowed to leave the country unless you hold a PR visa.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
I understand the protocols of the Philippine government, which is to protect the rights of the worker. In the case of a direct hire, Polo is requiring all the employers to go through that process like an agreement between the employer and the agency through an attorneyto protect the employee from illegal recruitment.

Before I got the verified employment contract from Polo, as an employer I still had to undergo interview like how did you meet your employee, the accommodations, food, health insurance, about the agency, how did you hear about the agency, how much is the payment? Did you already pay the fees, salary of employee, etc..

If a Filipino citizen leave the Philippines holding a worker visa, you need to provide an OEC or you will not be allowed to leave the country unless you hold a PR visa.
Oh okay. Didn’t they know that ircc will also do a background check to the employer? If you have a work permit, it means your employer went through scrutiny too.

Just like here in Canada. My previous employer before freaked out when I told him that I had patients with HIV before and there was a possibility BEFORE that I can get HIV/AIDS thru splashes due to my profession as a nurse.
So I explained to him that the mere fact that I have an approved WORK PERMIT means that I have a passed medical exam. Duh! I find him stupid questioning my health. This is also the reason that we can provide a work permit only to someone because it means that we have a clear police background.
I understand that Philippines is trying to protect OFW to middle east, but my goodness, this is Canada. Employer and employee have to go through the needle eye to get approved.

You mentioned that you as an employer have to go through interview? I don’t wanna do that. I just asked favour from my caucasian friend to hire my sister, even if she’s rich to hire a local nanny. It will be too much to make her do other things.
Thanks for sharing and listening as I vent out against Philippines.

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Oh okay. Didn’t they know that ircc will also do a background check to the employer? If you have a work permit, it means your employer went through scrutiny too.

Just like here in Canada. My previous employer before freaked out when I told him that I had patients with HIV before and there was a possibility BEFORE that I can get HIV/AIDS thru splashes due to my profession as a nurse.
So I explained to him that the mere fact that I have an approved WORK PERMIT means that I have a passed medical exam. Duh! I find him stupid questioning my health. This is also the reason that we can provide a work permit only to someone because it means that we have a clear police background.
I understand that Philippines is trying to protect OFW to middle east, but my goodness, this is Canada. Employer and employee have to go through the needle eye to get approved.

You mentioned that you as an employer have to go through interview? I don’t wanna do that. I just asked favour from my caucasian friend to hire my sister, even if she’s rich to hire a local nanny. It will be too much to make her do other things.
Thanks for sharing and listening as I vent out against Philippines.
It’s just a phone interview, they will ask some basic questions they just wanna make sure that you are a legit employer.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
It’s just a phone interview, they will ask some basic questions they just wanna make sure that you are a legit employer.
Hi!

Have you heard back from POLO?

took_them_forever

Apr 14, 2021

Wondering if an individual fly to HK from PH since that can easily be done from PH?
Will there be any problem in any of the port of entry?

It seems that the trouble is coming from or exiting from the PH to CA as TFW passport holder.

took_them_forever

Apr 14, 2021

If I may asked what type visa did they issue?
I thought they were issuing Temporary Residence Visa with an Open Work Permit. I know lots of people who came to CA with an OWP and never went through OEC in the PHL.