+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

LucieBla

Apr 26, 2022
Well, yep I know it's a bit complicated but my only option is to get a qualified job, work there for a year and apply for Express Entry.
Worst case scenario : I'm wasting another 1500$ for this new application, another "good time" working on a new application.
but at least I should get my PR...
Best case scenario, I got an answer for my current application HCCP, and my PR is approved during the next 12 month... saving some money and some paperwork.

I'm feeling really sorry for all the people who are waiting for an answer and they are in a worst situation like mine.
Should we start something to be heard?
Contact our local media? starting a twitter #? Try to get as many people as we can to tell their stories and show how they need to move on this program?

I don't know where you all work, but here in Victoria, BC their is a real shortage of caregivers/childcare providers. It's insane! It's so bad, people stop working to take care of their kids at home.
So why not allowing people like us to keep working and keep moving forward to help Canadian community with their issues?

I feel if we start something all together we can make things move a bit. I don't want to start something negative but there are stories about people starting to talk to media about their situations and it worked! Let's be clever and by communicating we will go somewhere.
Guys, together we're stronger!!

Reactions: LBT15

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
I am not “happy” with how ircc works. If I were the minister, I have to stop accepting application last 2021. Then process all 2019 and 2020 applications first before opening the program again. I’m not being selfish, time-wise they will keep on asking UPDATED forms because they accepted 2021 and 2022 applicants. By the time they are done with 2019 backlogs, the 2020 applicants have obsolete forms already, thus request updated forms again. Then when they’re done with 2020 applicants, they will do the same thing of asking updated form until they are done with 2022 applicants.
And now, they are requesting medicals from 2021 applicants. Based on MY observation, they let some agents process 2021 to avoid asking updated forms from them, which is unfair for previous applicants. If my observation is not true, then it’s NOT SMART to ask medicals and hang them again for more than a year.
I’m also thinking that once they requested something from you, you have to fall back in line again, for the agent to cater previous requests that he asked. Which is NOT smart again, coz by the time he will check the previous request, the child became adult already, and the cycle continues. *sigh** just venting out…

• Sad
Reactions: Bellabeau24

can_hccp

Nov 5, 2021
Hello, anyone in the same boat for having NO health insurance(Alberta) and driver's license near expiring. Cannot renew health insurance as they had already provided courtesy extension for 6 months and even license. This is really an upsetting scenario, being in maintained status stuck between the provincial and federal bureaucracy.

Reactions: LBT15

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Well, yep I know it's a bit complicated but my only option is to get a qualified job, work there for a year and apply for Express Entry.
Worst case scenario : I'm wasting another 1500$ for this new application, another "good time" working on a new application.
Best case scenario, I got an answer for my current application HCCP, and my PR is approved during the next 12 month... saving some money and some paperwork.

I'm feeling really sorry for all the people who are waiting for an answer and they are in a worst situation like mine.
Contact our local media? starting a twitter #? Try to get as many people as we can to tell their stories and show how they need to move on this program?

I don't know where you all work, but here in Victoria, BC their is a real shortage of caregivers/childcare providers. It's insane! It's so bad, people stop working to take care of their kids at home.
So why not allowing people like us to keep working and keep moving forward to help Canadian community with their issues?

I feel if we start something all together we can make things move a bit. I don't want to start something negative but there are stories about people starting to talk to media about their situations and it worked! Let's be clever and by communicating we will go somewhere.
About “letting our voice be heard”. For ircc, there is no shortage. Why? They never heard ANY complain from canadians that they need caregiver. Ircc DOESN’T know that here in Vancouver, there are also caregiver shortage. I heard plenty of employers offering $25 for a caregiver job (I’m getting paid $15). But they never voiced out. So there’s no problem according to ircc.

LucieBla

Apr 26, 2022
About “letting our voice be heard”. For ircc, there is no shortage. Why? They never heard ANY complain from canadians that they need caregiver. Ircc DOESN’T know that here in Vancouver, there are also caregiver shortage. I heard plenty of employers offering $25 for a caregiver job (I’m getting paid $15). But they never voiced out. So there’s no problem according to ircc.
So why not starting something?

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
So why not starting something?
I would prefer to influence the employers to voice out. As long as the employers are not complaining, it means, they can still manage the problem. So not an ircc priority.
For my employer, after I got my owp, it’s her problem now on how to get my replacement. She refused my offer before to refer my sister (she thought that I still want to work for them for many years).

I tried to voice out on behalf of all International trained nurses by writing to some prominent people in healthcare, but it didn’t work too.

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Congratulations
Once you received your work permit stamp visa on your passport, you have to look for an agency to process your OEC. My sister went to Fil Hr agency and Ms Rodelyn helped her process everything. Try to call POEA what’s the process so they can guide you in case they have changed the policy how to get the Overseas Employment Certificate or exit clearance.
Hello, what is OEC?
My brother got an email that he meets the eligibility for PR under HSW minus the work experience (which he needs to complete in Canada) but he never got a passport request email to get it stamped. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the passport request? Does he need to go to POEA and POLO? How about his dependents? Do they need to do anything after passport stamping?
TIA

LBT15

Jan 17, 2022

I agree! This is extremely controversial and a lot won’t agree with me but I really do feel inland applicants should take priority in processing. I’m on maintained status with 38 months experience…I pay taxes, contributing to the economy and I can’t access healthcare it’s so frustrating. Being on maintained status I can’t even travel outside Canada when my employers need me to.
we are already here with jobs, surely a lot of applicants will be simple to process!
It’s the same here in Calgary I have so many families asking me if I know any nanny’s looking for work because they can’t find any.

Reactions: LucieBla

LBT15

Jan 17, 2022
Hello, anyone in the same boat for having NO health insurance(Alberta) and driver's license near expiring. Cannot renew health insurance as they had already provided courtesy extension for 6 months and even license. This is really an upsetting scenario, being in maintained status stuck between the provincial and federal bureaucracy.
I’m exactly in the same position. Without my drivers license I can’t take the kids to school/activities! Not to mention my own need for a vehicle…I have a car I’m paying for…I also need it to escape this mental stress IRCC are causing me by going to the mountains haha

Hunter2021

Dec 2, 2021
I’m exactly in the same position. Without my drivers license I can’t take the kids to school/activities! Not to mention my own need for a vehicle…I have a car I’m paying for…I also need it to escape this mental stress IRCC are causing me by going to the mountains haha
Same here. This is frustrating sometimes. I came to a idea just go back home. My anxiety is so strong.

can_hccp

Nov 5, 2021
This situation we are in is really stressful and negative impact to mental health.Not to mention the families. Canada is known for having an excellent healthcare system. But its mind boggling that they cannot resolve healthcare for implied status workers who are also tax payers.

roxythromycin12

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
I am im the same boat… for almost 2 years now.. I even request AHS for extension but no reply…

Bamboogoldy19978

Feb 14, 2020
Hello, what is OEC?
My brother got an email that he meets the eligibility for PR under HSW minus the work experience (which he needs to complete in Canada) but he never got a passport request email to get it stamped. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the passport request? Does he need to go to POEA and POLO? How about his dependents? Do they need to do anything after passport stamping?
TIA
May I know who is the VO of your brother? and his timeline please. Thank you

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
May I know who is the VO of your brother? and his timeline please. Thank you
Officer CL i believe. Sept 2019 is when he applied and then a few times IRCC requested updated docs from my brother and employer. March 2022 he got medical and biometrics request. Did medical 1st week of April and got the email yesterday about passing eligibility. Still waiting for passport request or other instructions.

elaiza_elaiza2002

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
My brother uploaded the documents on the IRCC web form but the status still says "Your Action Is Required"
Not sure what is happening now. We tracked the documents mailed and they were delivered but they forgot to ask for signature requirement so it looks like it was just dropped off in a mailbox. Still no reply to the webform inquiry + submission.
Hi dyan29,

Is the status of your brother in his gckey account still says, "Your Action is Required"?

Or did it change now? What is his new status?

Thank you.