+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

roxythromycin12

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
No, not the gckey. The canada.ca website. They updated the information about MAINTAINED STATUS. Because last month, ircc agent told me that I still need to apply for work permit extension or else I will be deported. He told me that I am not covered by “maintained status”.
I am just afraid if I won’t apply for work permit extension, I might be deported while having 22 months experience and with ongoing HCCP work permit and PR application. So I think the website cleared that issue already. So by October, i will never do anything even if my work permit expires. I will keep on working with the same employer until ircc gives me my open work permit.
I think u need to apply for like an extension or in your case since your contract is ending, an open work permit… Cuz if u just let your permit expire without extending or applying for an open work permit regardless if u applied for PR, you might not be covered by maintained status. I’m not 100% sure why they change it to ‘maintained’ when it was referred to before as ‘implied’. I’m on maintained status since July 2020. But before my permit expired then, I submitted my BOWP application last Apr. 2020 (90 days min to date before my work permit expire) even if I already have my HCCP application in process. Yes, it might seem like it is redundant but I did it before just so I could really make sure that I will be on ‘maintained status’ (implied status then) and just to avoid the hassle cuz I know that PR application will take long time (or right now it takes forever…) also I used to have a consultant then, she did say to apply for BOWP to avail that status. But then again I might be wrong about this since I did mine last 2020. Maybe it’s better to phone IRCC and see what will they say about it..

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Now I’m actually curious.. cuz I get @ProudNanny’s point… cuz our stream is actually for open work permit and then PR… when ure able to talk to an agent about this, can u enlighten us to what they tell u that u need to do? Thanks.
I cannot get a hold of any ircc agent. It always says full and hang up.
But I cannot apply YET in BOWP coz I still have to complete my 24 months experience (when my permit ends, I still have 2 months into completion before I apply for BOWP). Then for work extension, it’s only THROUGH HCCP which I already did.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=913&top=28

This link says that ONLY THROUGH HCCP I can apply to extend my work permit (same employer). I fit in:
>>your work permit was issued for less than 36 months because your passport was expiring, and
you now have a new passport

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1532&top=28

This is the link that says “i am on MAINTAINED STATUS” (exclusively for HCCP applicants only). If at the time of my submission, I still have a valid work permit, it will make me on MAINTAINED STATUS just because I have a pending application. And even if I want to apply for a work permit extension, they already removed the caregiver from TFW. So I don’t have any means (now, I regret why I didn’t renew my passport right away even if it’s still more than a year validity. I forgot that they will never override the expiration of my passport).

roxythromycin12

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1532&top=28

This is the link that says “i am on MAINTAINED STATUS” (exclusively for HCCP applicants only). If at the time of my submission, I still have a valid work permit, it will make me on MAINTAINED STATUS just because I have a pending application. And even if I want to apply for a work permit extension, they already removed the caregiver from TFW. So I don’t have any means (now, I regret why I didn’t renew my passport right away even if it’s still more than a year validity. I forgot that they will never override the expiration of my passport).
Ok, I get what you’re saying cuz ure just working for the same employer right? It seems like it’s legit that you fall under that category… I didn’t even know that.. Anyway, I can’t remember if it’s really necessary to have 24mos. of experience when u apply for BOWP but I know that u can apply as long as u have a pending PR application, u just have to mention it and also include ur AOR. Maybe that’s an option you’d like to explore just in case u get to the end of ur permit and still no news from the PR stream..

LucieBla

Apr 26, 2022
Hi everybody!

I'm jumping into this conversation about this pilot program.
My timeline

April 2020: sent my application by mail
Mars 2021 : Sent an email to confirm they receive my application
May 2021 : my application started to be processed (they asked me to pay)
May 2021 - June 2021 : 3 emails sent to update my application (payment/form/employer letter)
July 2021 : They asked me to pay again so I sent the receipt a already sent to them

Since then no news, absolutely nothing. On my IRCC records they are waiting for additional documents but they didn't ask for any doc. Also, I called and emailed them probably 15 times since then and apparently my application is still in process and they got all the documents they required.

Anyone in the same situation? Are you guys going anywhere with this program?

I got my 24 month and I'm still working as a nanny but I have project and would like to move forward. I'm currently stuck due to my work permit linked to my job and employer (my employers are awesome so not complaining about them haha)
Since September, the little one I'm taking care of is going to school so the family don't need me anymore but it doesn't seem to be an emergency for the immigration.

What would you consider? Did they lost my application half way through processing it? I understand their are more things happening around the world that required their attention but our mental health is also fragile while we are waiting without knowing for how long!

Cheers!

roxythromycin12

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Hi everybody!

I'm jumping into this conversation about this pilot program.
My timeline

April 2020: sent my application by mail
Mars 2021 : Sent an email to confirm they receive my application
May 2021 : my application started to be processed (they asked me to pay)
May 2021 - June 2021 : 3 emails sent to update my application (payment/form/employer letter)
July 2021 : They asked me to pay again so I sent the receipt a already sent to them

Since then no news, absolutely nothing. On my IRCC records they are waiting for additional documents but they didn't ask for any doc. Also, I called and emailed them probably 15 times since then and apparently my application is still in process and they got all the documents they required.

Anyone in the same situation? Are you guys going anywhere with this program?

I got my 24 month and I'm still working as a nanny but I have project and would like to move forward. I'm currently stuck due to my work permit linked to my job and employer (my employers are awesome so not complaining about them haha)
Since September, the little one I'm taking care of is going to school so the family don't need me anymore but it doesn't seem to be an emergency for the immigration.

What would you consider? Did they lost my application half way through processing it? I understand their are more things happening around the world that required their attention but our mental health is also fragile while we are waiting without knowing for how long!

Cheers!
Did u get AOR? I don’t think they lost ur application. It’s just normal, painfully slow, typical immigration processing time… there are some guys here from 2019 who haven’t heard anything from them for quite a while now… although I get it, I feel the same sometimes but as long as u have AOR, it should be fine.. for now..

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Ok, I get what you’re saying cuz ure just working for the same employer right? It seems like it’s legit that you fall under that category… I didn’t even know that.. Anyway, I can’t remember if it’s really necessary to have 24mos. of experience when u apply for BOWP but I know that u can apply as long as u have a pending PR application, u just have to mention it and also include ur AOR. Maybe that’s an option you’d like to explore just in case u get to the end of ur permit and still no news from the PR stream..
Thanks a lot! I already checked BOWP before, it says under HCCP application of BOWP that you have to prove your 24 months experience which I don’t have yet.
I might try to apply work permit extension one month before my expiration, as assurance that I will have a “double” maintained status because of my two work permits applications. By that time, my HCCP application will be 2 years on process. Hopefully before my application turns 2 years old, they already gave me an open work permit.

Reactions: roxythromycin12

roxythromycin12

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Thanks a lot! I already checked BOWP before, it says under HCCP application of BOWP that you have to prove your 24 months experience which I don’t have yet.
I might try to apply work permit extension one month before my expiration, as assurance that I will have a “double” maintained status because of my two work permits applications. By that time, my HCCP application will be 2 years on process. Hopefully before my application turns 2 years old, they already gave me an open work permit.
No prob! Better super sure than not right? But who knows, maybe soon we’ll get updates… hopefully!

Reactions: ProudNanny

LucieBla

Apr 26, 2022
Did u get AOR? I don’t think they lost ur application. It’s just normal, painfully slow, typical immigration processing time… there are some guys here from 2019 who haven’t heard anything from them for quite a while now… although I get it, I feel the same sometimes but as long as u have AOR, it should be fine.. for now..
Sorry i'm missing some traduction here ^^. When you said AOR, Is it the lettre they send you to confirm they received your application? If so, yes in March 2021, and since then I also have a number starting with an E... something, when they started to process my application in May 2021.
I don't get the point of this public policy where they claimed they will process a lot of our applications. I'm still looking for people who got their PR through this program.
Anyone?
I'm looking for another job, trying to beg my next employer to help me get a visa to work through the Francophone mobility, but it's honestly a pain to convince them. I'm also thinking about another way to get my PR, Express Entry. Does anyone tried something else as they never got any answer?

I'm so desperate to get it now...
For what it's worth, my sister applied through the program express entry in June 2021 and got her PR in November 2021. She received her PR card last month.

roxythromycin12

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Sorry i'm missing some traduction here ^^. When you said AOR, Is it the lettre they send you to confirm they received your application? If so, yes in March 2021, and since then I also have a number starting with an E... something, when they started to process my application in May 2021.
I don't get the point of this public policy where they claimed they will process a lot of our applications. I'm still looking for people who got their PR through this program.
Anyone?
I'm looking for another job, trying to beg my next employer to help me get a visa to work through the Francophone mobility, but it's honestly a pain to convince them. I'm also thinking about another way to get my PR, Express Entry. Does anyone tried something else as they never got any answer?

For what it's worth, my sister applied through the program express entry in June 2021 and got her PR in November 2021. She received her PR card last month.
Honestly, I feel you. The waiting drives me insane and I will always try and find things so I could finally move fwd… I’ve talked to consultants, CBSA officer and they only have one advise… that is to wait… still at the end of the day, it’s up to u if u want to transfer to other stream but that would’ve mean that u will start all over again…

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Anyone?

You can try applying thru EE. It’s possible to have two or 3 applications thru DIFFERENT programs. The only thing is you have to pay same fees again. I think you can withdraw and get a refund from it once you got approved in another program.
My suggestion is try other ways but let your HCCP application stay.

Reactions: LucieBla

LucieBla

Apr 26, 2022
But if i do so, Does it mean I'm dropping this application?
Where I'm standing now is : Should I spent another 1500 $ to sent an application through another program and see which one is approved first.
But this would work only if my current application stays valide while applying through another one...
I know it seems redundant and maybe pointless but as you say, the wait is so long I need to work on my plan B.
My current employer are leaving the country in June so I'm going to be unemployed, not able to get another and maybe have to leave the country if so?

LucieBla

Apr 26, 2022
You can try applying thru EE. It’s possible to have two or 3 applications thru DIFFERENT problems. The only thing is you have to pay same fees again. I think you can withdraw and get a refund from it once you got approved in another program.
My suggestion is try other ways but let your HCCP application stay.
Thanks ProudNanny, that was my question so I will try this path instead.
I need to get a job now! hahaha...

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
But if i do so, Does it mean I'm dropping this application?
Where I'm standing now is : Should I spent another 1500 $ to sent an application through another program and see which one is approved first.
But this would work only if my current application stays valide while applying through another one...
I know it seems redundant and maybe pointless but as you say, the wait is so long I need to work on my plan B.
My current employer are leaving the country in June so I'm going to be unemployed, not able to get another and maybe have to leave the country if so?
Oh man! Your situation is a bit complicated when you mentioned that your employer will leave. “Maintained status” is only applicable if you’re still working under the same employer. So I don’t know how to help you.