+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
My cousin under the old caregiver program just got her PR approval today (it’s not thru gckey account, but thru the portal that ircc gives to you once they are in the finalization of your PR application). Apparently, gckey account is only an initial update of PR processing. I didn’t know that. My cousin showed me her PR approval message.
so it’s a bit of good news for us. Coz the ircc is gradually addressing the backlogs of old caregiver program.
so if you’re still hoping for a direct PR without experience (public policy), they should have given us a link to make another new account in the portal by now. Gckey account is only the first step. (Fyi for those who are not PR yet).

Reactions: roye

G P S

Jun 6, 2021
My cousin under the old caregiver program just got her PR approval today (it’s not thru gckey account, but thru the portal that ircc gives to you once they are in the finalization of your PR application). Apparently, gckey account is only an initial update of PR processing. I didn’t know that. My cousin showed me her PR approval message.
so it’s a bit of good news for us. Coz the ircc is gradually addressing the backlogs of old caregiver program.
so if you’re still hoping for a direct PR without experience (public policy), they should have given us a link to make another new account in the portal by now. Gckey account is only the first step. (Fyi for those who are not PR yet).

Ur cousin is insider or Outlander??
Kindly reply... Are also give her timeline.. Please

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Ur cousin is insider or Outlander??
Kindly reply... Are also give her timeline.. Please
She got approved for her PR as a nanny, it only means she’s HERE IN CANADA. I never heard any nanny who got her PR even without working here in Canada. She’s under the OLD CAREGIVER PROGRAM (started working in canada as a nanny last 2018). Due to pandemic, her PR got delayed for more than a year. She got her open work permit earlier this year, which she can work ANY job other than caregiver.

G P S

Jun 6, 2021
She got approved for her PR as a nanny, it only means she’s HERE IN CANADA. I never heard any nanny who got her PR even without working here in Canada. She’s under the OLD CAREGIVER PROGRAM (started working in canada as a nanny last 2018). Due to pandemic, her PR got delayed for more than a year. She got her open work permit earlier this year, which she can work ANY job other than caregiver.

Thanks for reply

jamshidmohammadiasl

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
congratulation! this is good news.
But I think the public policy u mentioned doesn't mean "a direct PR without experience" as I read it carefully.

jamshidmohammadiasl

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
open work permit doesn't mean "she can work ANY job other than caregiver" but she can work with "ANY employer" as a caregiver.

Bellabeau24

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-01-2021
AOR Received.
28-11-2021
Med's Request
26-02-2023
Med's Done....
04-01-2024
No , open work permit means you can work on any job under any employer..I am sure about this otherwise they give conditions under work permit
If applying for PR under HCCP, you will get RESTRICTED OPEN WORK PERMIT. You can work to ANY employer but the job will still be as a nanny.

Aman pannu

Star Member
May 13, 2021
If applying for PR under HCCP, you will get RESTRICTED OPEN WORK PERMIT. You can work to ANY employer but the job will still be as a nanny.
Yes but after completing your 2 years you get open work permit before your PR , I am talking about that. Yes it is obvious that you have to work for 2 years as nanny. Sorry for confusion

Reactions: ProudNanny

Ny0722

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
congrats to her! Yes i heard they will send you a portal in which you will have to confirm instead of doing an in person landing

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
open work permit doesn't mean "she can work ANY job other than caregiver" but she can work with "ANY employer" as a caregiver.
She’s NOT in HCCP. She already completed her caregiver program for 24 months under the OLD caregiver program. She’s one of the backlogs why ircc cannot move on with HCCP applicants.
That’s why she got her open work permit for ANY jobs. Again, she is DONE with her contract as a caregiver since last year. I hope you understand my point.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
congrats to her! Yes i heard they will send you a portal in which you will have to confirm instead of doing an in person landing
Yes, I didn’t know that. So most of the HCCP applicants are still waiting for the link to their gckey account, which is a first step for open work permit ONLY. Gckey WILL NOT BE USED for PR. So fyi for applicants who are waiting for a direct PR even without the experience. They need the PR portal link(because my cousin took her MONTHSSSSS while she’s already in PR portal).
Fyi again:
1. Gckey account- for open work permit only
2. PR portal link- for your PR approval. That’s where the ircc will send your PR approval.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
congratulation! this is good news.
But I think the public policy u mentioned doesn't mean "a direct PR without experience" as I read it carefully.
I agree. But some believes that the public policy is a direct PR without 24 months of completing your Canada experience. So I’m just telling them the procedure of getting the PR approval thru the PR portal and not thru gckey account.
don’t worry I am not after the direct PR. I am here in Canada already with 8 months of experience. I just need my occupation-restricted open work permit. That’s all. Thank you. Bow!

Ny0722

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Yes, I didn’t know that. So most of the HCCP applicants are still waiting for the link to their gckey account, which is a first step for open work permit ONLY. Gckey WILL NOT BE USED for PR. So fyi for applicants who are waiting for a direct PR even without the experience. They need the PR portal link(because my cousin took her MONTHSSSSS while she’s already in PR portal).
Fyi again:
1. Gckey account- for open work permit only
2. PR portal link- for your PR approval. That’s where the ircc will send your PR approval.
yes but I also saw a lot who got approved through HCCP inside Canada that they used the gckey to get some updates for their hccp PR approval. They linked the application, and get some updates there. Once approved, the gckey will also be updated and at the same time they will send a link (the pr portal) for them to log in & land. Lastly, IRCC emailed them their copy of COPRs.