+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Hello All,

Has anyone been able to link their Work Permit Application to their GcKey.

Since I received my AOR, I was able to link my PR application to GcKey but after speaking to an agent over the phone, they provided me with the Work Permit Application number (Starts with W) and I tried linking that to my GcKey but I was unable to link it even when entering the correct information. The drop down menu "Which situation applies to the applicant?" doesn't have any option for Caregiver outside Canada. I tried multiple options but it cannot be linked.
You cannot link it

Manaaal

Apr 1, 2020
I understand your sentiment. But I’ve been here in Canada for 3 years and yet they cannot consider that as an excuse to grant me PR, how much more someone who never been in Canada. I think it’s only fair to give that PR to someone who’s been here paying taxes for a long time. I never heard someone got their PR without any Canada experience (except if they are millionaires).
I tried to keep my cool while talking with the agent earlier. But I cannot blame the government. There are thousands of people IN CANADA who cannot even acquire PR. That’s why, believing that they will just give away PR automatically to someone who never been in Canada is totally a fairy tale. I even told the agent that ircc should not use the words PUBLIC POLICY and EXEMPTION because it is misleading. I almost believe in that fairy tale only to be disappointed.
everything is possible now with ircc, and they do everything under the law , please read carefuly this article
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-70.html
first for this pilot program, they require applicants to have a level of education, level 5 in languages, work experience related to the most requested sectors in Canada, education and health. and all that are similar to what is required of skilled workers in express entry and the skilled workers come with permanent residence .
what gives us more advantages is that we have a job offer, so we are not going to sit idly by without a job and ask for government help at this difficult time of the pandemic
I think that is why they do not let in those who had PR in March 2020 and they just let in those who have a job offer
so if they will give the PR they are aware of their step

Reactions: Twinkleberry

joe_cic

Apr 12, 2017
No problem. I was in the waiting queue for 45 minutes. Then she let me wait for few minutes again to study the recent public policy. But at least we have the clarification now.
Interesting! This is contrary to the information we received from the call agent — and I am starting to assume that call agents are yet to be briefed or trained on responding to inquiries relating to the temporary public policy.

I called today to ask three questions, i) get the status of my application, ii) get clarity on the temporary public policy, and how it affects applicants (both inside and outside), and iii) what I should be expecting — a PR or Work Permit. The response to the first question was — "your PR application is in progress, you passed criminality check, and eligibility is yet to be finalized". For the second and third questions, "I am sorry I do not have details on the new policy but I can only confirm that your application is being processed as a PR and unfortunately I can't see anything other than that...the officer working on your application will reach out if there are any questions"

Let's keep in mind the purpose of a public policy — it is a deviation or exemption from certain requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations to applicants who meet conditions or eligibility requirements — meaning, normal requirements will be exempted to compensate the public or bring normalcy to a program. Let's also keep in mind that this exemption is not only for caregivers, there are other public policies that will grant compensation or exemption to asylum claimants, international students, visitors, and a few other categories.

Also, carefully read this excerpt from the public policy:

"As such, I hereby establish that, pursuant to my authority under section 25.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (the Act), there are sufficient public policy considerations that justify the granting of permanent resident status or an exemption from certain requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the Regulations), to foreign nationals who meet the eligibility criteria and conditions listed below"

Hopefully, the next couple of days bring clarity. Good luck everyone!

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Interesting! This is contrary to the information we received from the call agent — and I am starting to assume that call agents are yet to be briefed or trained on responding to inquiries relating to the temporary public policy.

I called today to ask three questions, i) get the status of my application, ii) get clarity on the temporary public policy, and how it affects applicants (both inside and outside), and iii) what I should be expecting — a PR or Work Permit. The response to the first question was — "your PR application is in progress, you passed criminality check, and eligibility is yet to be finalized". For the second and third questions, "I am sorry I do not have details on the new policy but I can only confirm that your application is being processed as a PR and unfortunately I can't see anything other than that...the officer working on your application will reach out if there are any questions"

Let's keep in mind the purpose of a public policy — it is a deviation or exemption from certain requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations to applicants who meet conditions or eligibility requirements — meaning, normal requirements will be exempted to compensate the public or bring normalcy to a program. Let's also keep in mind that this exemption is not only for caregivers, there are other public policies that will grant compensation or exemption to asylum claimants, international students, visitors, and a few other categories.

Also, carefully read this excerpt from the public policy:

"As such, I hereby establish that, pursuant to my authority under section 25.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (the Act), there are sufficient public policy considerations that justify the granting of permanent resident status or an exemption from certain requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the Regulations), to foreign nationals who meet the eligibility criteria and conditions listed below"

Hopefully, the next couple of days bring clarity. Good luck everyone!

Mind you, what one agent might say could be entirely different to what another agent might respond.

This is a newly released public policy and I won't be surprised if the agents themselves are not well versed with this. Or might even be the first time they've heard of it.

Hopefully, IRCC would clarify this.

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Yep. Agents in call centres can only tell us what they can see in notes and repeat public policy. Paper applications sent to centres they cannot see. Only the processing officers notes.
Basically if you applied in 2020 and met the requirements of the pilot you applied for they will exempt their processing criteria and grant pr.
most people who applied 2019 have met or will soon meet 24 months so theydont need fast tracking.
Once they'rve cleared 2019-2020 they can get back on track.

Reactions: Twinkleberry

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Mind you, what one agent might say could be entirely different to what another agent might respond.

This is a newly released public policy and I won't be surprised if the agents themselves are not well versed with this. Or might even be the first time they've heard of it.

You can call them 4 times and get 4 different stories from different people. Trust me i know

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Yep. Agents in call centres can only tell us what they can see in notes and repeat public policy. Paper applications sent to centres they cannot see. Only the processing officers notes.
Basically if you applied in 2020 and met the requirements of the pilot you applied for they will exempt their processing criteria and grant pr.
most people who applied 2019 have met or will soon meet 24 months so theydont need fast tracking.
Once they'rve cleared 2019-2020 they can get back on track.
But I haven't even spoken to someone who has applied from outside in 2019 that has gotten a work permit. So how can they complete 24 months?

canada2000

Oct 6, 2010
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No doubt .. this is confusing ... let's be patient and hopefully in coming weeks we will have some updates. @quami , as you are July 2019 applicant, You will be one of the people getting updates first. Good luck.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
You can call them 4 times and get 4 different stories from different people. Trust me i know
Hahaha! The agent was actually stammering while talking with me. I told her the title of the recent post “Temporary Public Policy blah blah”. She said, let me check on that first because I don’t know about that yet. Then she went back to me and told me “you still need 2 years of experience blah blah”. So I told her, you were not supposed to use the word PUBLIC POLICY if there’s nothing special on it (but of course in a nice way).

Reactions: kikstaroxy

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021

So maybe we must call IRCC hotline again after a week. And please someone update us again. Coz I was in queue for 45 minutes, and stayed on the phone for 1 hour. So if someone can do sacrifice again to call them so that the agents will be AWARE of the recent update.

Reactions: ron4Canada

bonefree13

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
So maybe we must call IRCC hotline again after a week. And please someone update us again. Coz I was in queue for 45 minutes, and stayed on the phone for 1 hour. So if someone can do sacrifice again to call them so that the agents will be AWARE of the recent update.
You can just choose the option which let you leave your phone number and they will call you back. The waiting time is the same as when you are in queue over the Phone.

Reactions: kikstaroxy

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
You can just choose the option which let you leave your phone number and they will call you back. The waiting time is the same as when you are in queue over the Phone.
Yeah, i heard that option. But I am a person who doesn’t want to hang up because I’m afraid that I may missed the chance. So I stayed. Hahaha. I already memorized the recorded audio and music

Fatimah84t

Feb 1, 2021
Hi everyone,
One of my friends who applied in September 2019 for the Home Childcare provider, got a letter from CIC today asking for the following updates:

updated letter and offer of employment which must address and include the following:
• An Offer of Employment IMM 5983 (PDF, 2.33 MB) form
• Include full time hours of work, which equals at least 30 hours of paid work each week
• Be from a Canadian employer
• Provide details and description of duties
• Be from an employer outside of the province of Quebec
• Employer may not be an embassy, high commission or consulate
• Must be genuine, meaning there’s a real employment requirement which you will fulfill

I’m August 2019 applicant, applied from inside Canada for HCCP with no experience. Got PR eligibility letter and medical request in Feb 2020. No update since then.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Being a July 2019 applicant I have not received any updates. How strange some have got medical or biometric requests while so many being an early applicant have not heard at all. Not sure how r they working on these applications.

Reactions: quami