Med's Done....
03-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2017
LANDED..........
06-02-2018
Anyone who applied on Jan 1 st 2023 received passport request?
Not yet...waiting patiently....!!! Its been 2 months since my sister passed the medical and submitted the Police Clearance.... The passport request is long due.... but it's IRCC...so...you never know.... :D

Saranya PL

Jun 5, 2023
Iam 2023 applicant ,after biometric on April there is no idea about my application... Can't login my GCKey account as well... please help me what should I do now???Do anyone has same issue???

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
Caregiver Job Offer for you!!!!!

Hi all

I have a child below 18 years and I need caregiver. My mother is living with me but I do not want to hire her as caregiver (even though IRCC mentions one can hire relatives) because I do not want to risk my mother's PR application through caregiver pathway.

I am looking for a family who has a child below 18 years of age and needs caregiver. We can hire each other's relatives so that there is no risk in final PR application for the relative.

Interested families please reach out. Thanks

Reactions: Olasupo Esther

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
Hi. I am eligible to be an employer under HCCP requirements. I have a relative who is qualified and I want to hire her. But, because its my relative who is going to be a caregiver to my child, IRCC might refuse my application.

Both me and my relative are in Canada. So, if you are eligible to be an employer I can sponsor your relative and you can sponsor mine.
Eligible and interested please reach out.

olijan

Apr 24, 2023
I am also worried about having a relative as my employer. Are they strict with this one now? My sister-in-law was able to sponsor her relatives before without any issues.
By the way, can someone please provide me a step by step process on how to apply for HCCP. I am currently working as a childcare provider and plan to apply for "gaining experience" on Jan 1, 2024. By that time, I will still have about 7 month of work experience as a child care provider. I have these on my list:
1) Login to my gckey and submit the application from there. Do I need to submit the application from GCKEY or there's a special link where I need to submit my application
2) I have the following documents already (valid employment contract, pay slips, WES, Celpip, police clearance, medical, From school TOR & diploma, birth certificate, marriage license ) what else is missing?
thanks.

mani1234

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
Doc's Request.
August 2013
AOR Received.
August 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
September 2013
Passport Req..
March 18, 2014, Decision Made on ecas on April 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 8, 2014
LANDED..........
InshAllah soon
Hello! I am planning to apply under the January 2024 cap for the Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilot and have a few questions, I would highly appreciate if someone could guide me here and answer my questions.

Q1 - I am in a position where I need both a Home Child Care Provider and a Home Support Worker for my kids and my elderly parents. Need to decide which path to take. OR can I sponsor my sister for both? Or 2 different relatives one for child care and the other for a home support worker?

Q2 - I assume I can only sponsor 1 person for 1 occupation, if I sponsor my sister for Home Support Worker Pilot to take care of my elderly parents, would my parents be the employer or can I be the employer? Considering my parent don’t work, they are PR but the my father has a disability status and my mother is on some mental health medications and they would not meet the employer requirements if they have to be an employer.

Q3 – Or if I sponsor my sister as Home Child Care Provider, would having parents at home would be an issue? Even though they can’t take care of the child due to their disabilities.

Q4 - Once the support worker is in Canada and I have to pay the salary, assuming I have put $17 an hour as salary, can I reduce the salary amount to $14 or $12 an hour if I am providing food and accommodation and other services to the sponsored support worker? Or what’s the other way to deduct the accommodation? I was thinking reduction in salary to minimize the tax impact. Also, salary has to be electronically transferred to the worker’s account or can it be cash?

Q5 - To register the payroll account do I just register one using the Domestic Worker Employer category? And that gives me a Business Number and use that Business Number to open a Payroll Deduction account? Is that correct?

Q6 – The requirement for employers in this pilot is that it must be a Family not a Business, but we are getting a Business Number, would that make us a Business? would that be ok with IRCC?

Q7 - Do I need to open a separate special bank account for Payroll purposes? If yes, what kind?

Thank you!

mahinhossain

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
File Transfer...
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
03-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2017
LANDED..........
06-02-2018
Hello! I am planning to apply under the January 2024 cap for the Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilot and have a few questions, I would highly appreciate if someone could guide me here and answer my questions.

Q1 - I am in a position where I need both a Home Child Care Provider and a Home Support Worker for my kids and my elderly parents. Need to decide which path to take. OR can I sponsor my sister for both? Or 2 different relatives one for child care and the other for a home support worker?

Q2 - I assume I can only sponsor 1 person for 1 occupation, if I sponsor my sister for Home Support Worker Pilot to take care of my elderly parents, would my parents be the employer or can I be the employer? Considering my parent don’t work, they are PR but the my father has a disability status and my mother is on some mental health medications and they would not meet the employer requirements if they have to be an employer.

Q3 – Or if I sponsor my sister as Home Child Care Provider, would having parents at home would be an issue? Even though they can’t take care of the child due to their disabilities.

Q4 - Once the support worker is in Canada and I have to pay the salary, assuming I have put $17 an hour as salary, can I reduce the salary amount to $14 or $12 an hour if I am providing food and accommodation and other services to the sponsored support worker? Or what’s the other way to deduct the accommodation? I was thinking reduction in salary to minimize the tax impact. Also, salary has to be electronically transferred to the worker’s account or can it be cash?

Q5 - To register the payroll account do I just register one using the Domestic Worker Employer category? And that gives me a Business Number and use that Business Number to open a Payroll Deduction account? Is that correct?

Q6 – The requirement for employers in this pilot is that it must be a Family not a Business, but we are getting a Business Number, would that make us a Business? would that be ok with IRCC?

Q7 - Do I need to open a separate special bank account for Payroll purposes? If yes, what kind?

Thank you!

Hi Mani,

With my limited knowledge, I am providing you my views. Experts in the group can add more or correct me.

Syed: Home Childcare pathway is a bit tough as the quota gets filled within mins on the first day of the year. Whereas, Home support worker stays open for a longer period. You can sponsor 2 relatives for 2 different streams only you meet the eligibility in terms of your tax filed this year and if you have the ability to accommodate both the person with all the amenities that is required to be provided to each person you want to bring – even if they are your relative.

Syed: Yes, you can be the sponsor for your sister in this criteria.

Syed: No, It will not be an issue. As I mentioned earlier - you just have to make sure, you are able to show that you have the financial ability to employ her and give her all the amenities / facilities in your home for her be able to live comfortably.

Syed: As far as I know, you cannot reduce the salary. Minimum wage has to be met. But you can charge her an amount for her accommodation which needs to be mentioned in the form you’ll need to fill when you submit the application. The payment cannot be cash as you have to have a payroll created with CRA even before you submit your application.

Syed: Yes, correct.

Syed: The main requirement is to have a payroll account…and you have to have a business number for that. So, this is completely ok with IRCC.

Syed: No, you do not have to open any bank account. When your sister gets the visa and arrives to Canada, she needs to open the account on her own and you then have to start paying her on a monthly basis and report that to your payrole business number you created.

Hope it helps…!!

Reactions: Tamiou and mani1234

mani1234

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
Doc's Request.
August 2013
AOR Received.
August 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
September 2013
Passport Req..
March 18, 2014, Decision Made on ecas on April 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 8, 2014
LANDED..........
InshAllah soon
Hi Mani,

With my limited knowledge, I am providing you my views. Experts in the group can add more or correct me.

Syed: Home Childcare pathway is a bit tough as the quota gets filled within mins on the first day of the year. Whereas, Home support worker stays open for a longer period. You can sponsor 2 relatives for 2 different streams only you meet the eligibility in terms of your tax filed this year and if you have the ability to accommodate both the person with all the amenities that is required to be provided to each person you want to bring – even if they are your relative.

Syed: Yes, you can be the sponsor for your sister in this criteria.

Syed: No, It will not be an issue. As I mentioned earlier - you just have to make sure, you are able to show that you have the financial ability to employ her and give her all the amenities / facilities in your home for her be able to live comfortably.

Syed: As far as I know, you cannot reduce the salary. Minimum wage has to be met. But you can charge her an amount for her accommodation which needs to be mentioned in the form you’ll need to fill when you submit the application. The payment cannot be cash as you have to have a payroll created with CRA even before you submit your application.

Syed: Yes, correct.

Syed: The main requirement is to have a payroll account…and you have to have a business number for that. So, this is completely ok with IRCC.

Syed: No, you do not have to open any bank account. When your sister gets the visa and arrives to Canada, she needs to open the account on her own and you then have to start paying her on a monthly basis and report that to your payrole business number you created.

Hope it helps…!!

Thank you so much Syed for your guidance. Can you please also answer in the same case my sister has a spouse as well and he will accompany her to Canada. I know for him I need to put in work permit application. Do you know for the accompanying spouse is there a requirement for IELTS and Education Credentials equal to 1 year of Canadian education? Also did you recently sponsored someone under the same program?

Last edited:

mahinhossain

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
File Transfer...
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
03-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2017
LANDED..........
06-02-2018
Thank you so much Syed for your guidance. Can you please also answer in the same case my sister has a spouse as well and he will accompany her to Canada. I know for him I need to put in work permit application. Do you know for the accompanying spouse is there a requirement for IELTS and Education Credentials equal to 1 year of Canadian education? Also did you recently sponsored someone under the same program?
Hi Mani,

As far as I know, for your sister's spouse - he'll need the IELTS only for work permit not the education credentials. Just because your sister will be the primary applicant for the PR eventually and her spouse will be a dependent. She will not need any point from her spouse....hence the education creds are not important. But your sister will need both IELTS and Education Creds as this is a direct pathway for the PR.

I have sponsored my sister in law [HCCP] and her daughter [Study Permit] under Home Child Care Pilot in Jan 2023.

BR///
Syed