+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Child Care Provider Pilot 2021

medhat_laguna

Feb 22, 2014
Hello everyone. I would like to ask few questions about the pilot program this year for caregivers. If someone can help me as I am trying to hire my sister under this program and process it myself. My questions are:

1) I understand that we have to fill out the Offer of Employment form as a requirement, no LMIA. Does it mean I do not need to make a contract between me and my sister? Or do I have to create one?
2) If I do need a contract, can someone give a sample o a draft that I can use?
3) I am thinking I will not be able to submit the application until February. Do you think it will be too late?
Please advise. Thank you so much.

Tashanab

Oct 13, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello everyone. I would like to ask few questions about the pilot program this year for caregivers. If someone can help me as I am trying to hire my sister under this program and process it myself. My questions are:

1) I understand that we have to fill out the Offer of Employment form as a requirement, no LMIA. Does it mean I do not need to make a contract between me and my sister? Or do I have to create one?
3) I am thinking I will not be able to submit the application until February. Do you think it will be too late?
The offer of employment is on the website,just follow the instructions and the document checklist that's there and you'll be fine.
All the information is here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/pathways-for-caregivers/child-care-provider-support-pilots/assessing-application-selection-criteria.html
Don't think February will be too late though.

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020

Hello,

I was wondering if you have applied for this program? I am also thinking to help someone and I do not know what documents to prepare/provide. Please share your experience. Thank you!

Mar 3, 2021
BRAZIL
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Am new here, just a quick one, how do you apply for the care giver program?
It's a program full of steps. You see, it's made if you will to immigrate and either you can go by yourself or take your partner and children with you. If you're a single applicant:
You will be able to do it by yourself by following this guide and by knowing some English, to read all the information: (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0104-home-care-support/tr-overseas.html#0103E1)
1) What I consider as the first thing to do is to look for an employer (who needs childcare), they have to send you an offer of employment. It's probably the hardest part in all the process if you're not currently in Canada, but totally possible. I say that because even though there are other steps, without the job offer you won't be able to finish your application.
2) You must have at least 1 year of Canadian post secondary education credential. It means that rather you are graduated in a Canadian post secondary institution or you are graduated in a foreign one (non Canadian) and have to apply for a diploma equivalency, it's called Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and your foreign diploma must be equal to 1 or more years of Canadian post secondary education. I recommend WES, but you can assess your diploma through others organizations. The result is valid for 5 years.
3) You must prove that you're able to comprehend one of the officials Canadian languages, English or French through a language proficiency test. It can be IELTS, CELPIP or the ones for French, TEF or TCF and achieve the minimum required. The results are valid for 2 years.
4) You have to gather your personal documents like national ID, passport, birth certificate (there's a document checklist) and translate them all to English.
5) Fill the forms, there you require a Work Permit, tell about yourself, including your previous work experiences. If applying for Home Child Care Provider or Home Support Worker you must provide proof of your experience in caregiving, either paid or unpaid.
6) Pay the fees: application processing ($ 550), biometrics ($ 85), work permit and work permit holder ($ 255) and PR ($ 500 -> the PR can be paid later, but they recommend you to pay in advance to avoid delays)
7) You prepare your application with everything inside and mail it to Canada, where the Case Processing Centre will process it, send you an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). They will require you to give biometrics, medical report, issue you a work permit after that. Sorry if I missed something. Best of luck!

Reactions: T365

holland betty

Mar 4, 2021
USA
To hire a foreign in-home caregiver in Quebec, you must apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment and hire them through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.

Pehar

Mar 13, 2021
It's a program full of steps. You see, it's made if you will to immigrate and either you can go by yourself or take your partner and children with you. If you're a single applicant:
You will be able to do it by yourself by following this guide and by knowing some English, to read all the information: (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0104-home-care-support/tr-overseas.html#0103E1)
1) What I consider as the first thing to do is to look for an employer (who needs childcare), they have to send you an offer of employment. It's probably the hardest part in all the process if you're not currently in Canada, but totally possible. I say that because even though there are other steps, without the job offer you won't be able to finish your application.
2) You must have at least 1 year of Canadian post secondary education credential. It means that rather you are graduated in a Canadian post secondary institution or you are graduated in a foreign one (non Canadian) and have to apply for a diploma equivalency, it's called Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and your foreign diploma must be equal to 1 or more years of Canadian post secondary education. I recommend WES, but you can assess your diploma through others organizations. The result is valid for 5 years.
3) You must prove that you're able to comprehend one of the officials Canadian languages, English or French through a language proficiency test. It can be IELTS, CELPIP or the ones for French, TEF or TCF and achieve the minimum required. The results are valid for 2 years.
4) You have to gather your personal documents like national ID, passport, birth certificate (there's a document checklist) and translate them all to English.
5) Fill the forms, there you require a Work Permit, tell about yourself, including your previous work experiences. If applying for Home Child Care Provider or Home Support Worker you must provide proof of your experience in caregiving, either paid or unpaid.
6) Pay the fees: application processing ($ 550), biometrics ($ 85), work permit and work permit holder ($ 255) and PR ($ 500 -> the PR can be paid later, but they recommend you to pay in advance to avoid delays)
7) You prepare your application with everything inside and mail it to Canada, where the Case Processing Centre will process it, send you an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). They will require you to give biometrics, medical report, issue you a work permit after that. Sorry if I missed something. Best of luck!
Thanks for detailed info!
1- do we need to send motorized copies of additional n education documents!
2-accompanying spouse need to submit work permit application in which category!

Mar 3, 2021
BRAZIL
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
I
You're welcome! I'm not sure if I fully understood your questions, but here I go:
1 - Is a "certified copy" of each of your original documents needed (if not in English)? Yes, it's. You must gather your documents, certify its copies (including your educational documents such as diploma, academic records and other educational credentials) and send it along with the translations in your application. The "certified true copy" is mentioned on the guide. The copy can be certified for a public notary in your country of residence or other kind of public authority that certify that one copy is identical to the original.
2 - Your spouse must submit as many forms as you, as you probably already read, including the application for work permit as "open work permit", same as yours, if I'm not mistaken.
Please, read the guide 0104 at heart. I hope I could help a bit.

Mar 3, 2021
BRAZIL
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Pehar, you're welcome, I'm glad to help.
In that specific field it's said on the guide 0104: "Details of Intended Work in Canada
Question 1

Choose “Open Work Permit”
No information is needed for questions 2-6.", ie, you can fill yours with your employer information if you feel you should (I filled it on my application, I understand they say you don't need to fill because the offer of employment have those info), but for your spouse you leave it empty, or as I would prefer - 'cause the guide tells us to "do not leave spaces blank" - I'd write "Not Applicable" or "N/A". And as long as I'm concerned, your spouse will get a work permit which able him to work in whatever he/she wants, as many hours wanted. Only yours, the caregiver, is an open work permit occupation restricted.

Reactions: Yetimama2021