+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home child care provider - inside Canada application

Mel2020

Aug 24, 2020
Hi there,

is it possible to apply within Canada if your current status is a visitor? Provided the person has a genuine job offer and qualifies for the pilot.
Do they need to leave and apply outside Canada or can they apply inside?
Thank you for your inputs!

Reactions: mrsMdrd

roxythromycin12

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Hi there,

is it possible to apply within Canada if your current status is a visitor? Provided the person has a genuine job offer and qualifies for the pilot.
you can but the process is a little bit tricky. make sure you have evrything you need to transition from visit to work. best of luck!

roxythromycin12

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Thank you.
If permit approved will they need to go to POE to activate the work permit? Since covid restrictions are in place I wonder if this will be an issue?
I did the same thing before but this is way back 2016. Covid might have change that option now.

jkb84

Jan 17, 2020
Hi there,

I applied under same status, but it has been a year but after AOR there is no update for my application.

Nov 12, 2020
I am also a visitor in Canada..I have applied for this pilot..but I want to travel urgently..is it advisable to travel outside now that I have applied and waiting for response and I am on implied status..

EmeLa

Jun 30, 2020
I am also a visitor in Canada..I have applied for this pilot..but I want to travel urgently..is it advisable to travel outside now that I have applied and waiting for response and I am on implied status..
It’s not advisable for you to travel since you are on implied status. You will not be allowed back until your work permit is approved. How long have you been on implied status and also when did you apply? Can you share your timeline please? Thanks

Nov 12, 2020
It’s not advisable for you to travel since you are on implied status. You will not be allowed back until your work permit is approved. How long have you been on implied status and also when did you apply? Can you share your timeline please? Thanks
Thank you
I have a 5 years visa
I just applied on October 2020
Waiting to hear from them
I am also worried they might return becos they announced they close on the 2nd Nov 2020

Reactions: mrsMdrd

EmeLa

Jun 30, 2020
Thank you
I have a 5 years visa
I just applied on October 2020
Waiting to hear from them
I am also worried they might return becos they announced they close on the 2nd Nov 2020
Oh did you just apply for hccp? I thought you said you are on implied status. I’m confused with the 5 years visa you mentioned again. If you meant you have a valid visa then you can travel. Yeah it was mentioned it closed Nov 2nd but yours might not be amongst the ones they will return. If you still have a valid visa and you must travel maybe you should but if you don’t have a valid visa, it’s better you wait .

Nov 12, 2020
Oh did you just apply for hccp? I thought you said you are on implied status. I’m confused with the 5 years visa you mentioned again. If you meant you have a valid visa then you can travel. Yeah it was mentioned it closed Nov 2nd but yours might not be amongst the ones they will return. If you still have a valid visa and you must travel maybe you should but if you don’t have a valid visa, it’s better you wait .
Yes, I do have a valid visa for 5 years and 3 years remain...my visitor status for 6 months expired on 30th October 2020 and I applied for HCCP on 26th October 2020..That is why I said I am on implied status now..but I want to travel but I am afraid I might miss some new laws I saw online that when are in and remain in Canada until 24 th August 2020 and u applied for work permit..if meet all the criteria u might be approved.What do u advise I do please assist..I cannot pay a lawyer for this there fee is so much so I need advise from people that are on this same program

EmeLa

Jun 30, 2020
Yes, I do have a valid visa for 5 years and 3 years remain...my visitor status for 6 months expired on 30th October 2020 and I applied for HCCP on 26th October 2020..That is why I said I am on implied status now..but I want to travel but I am afraid I might miss some new laws I saw online that when are in and remain in Canada until 24 th August 2020 and u applied for work permit..if meet all the criteria u might be approved.What do u advise I do please assist..I cannot pay a lawyer for this there fee is so much so I need advise from people that are on this same program
It’s better you wait. I know the work permit you applied for and heard it takes 6 weeks for it to be approved not too sure tho. I am also not sure it’s the same as home childcare provider pilot, I might be wrong tho. I am just aware visitors with valid visa who were in Canada August 24 can apply for work permit . You might lose the privilege if you leave.

Nov 12, 2020
It’s better you wait. I know the work permit you applied for and heard it takes 6 weeks for it to be approved not too sure tho. I am also not sure it’s the same as home childcare provider pilot, I might be wrong tho. I am just aware visitors with valid visa who were in Canada August 24 can apply for work permit . You might lose the privilege if you leave.
Ok..thank you

sameerb

Apr 2, 2012
Hi if you have applied within Canada under status as visitors the timeline will be same as other applicant's applying from outside Canada

Reactions: Salberta Egbenda