+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker.

Kelly Nguyen

Apr 18, 2021
Hello everyone,
My status in Canada is visitor. I currently help my sister to look after her children and something else as a caregiver since she is in a hardship without a work permit. I just recognized that it is illegal, so I would love to get a work permit. I read about Home Childcare Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot. It states that if the employer hires a caregiver who is from abroad, the caregiver can apply for a work permit and PR. These pilots don't require a LMIA.
If my sister hires me as a caregiver, can I apply for a work permit within Canada?
Thank you for your advices.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Valid job offer - What is her status in Canada if she doesn’t have a work permit? Your sister needs to set up a business registration number and show that she can afford you as a caregiver. Once she has a business number she can then set up your payroll to deduct taxes etc. She has to pay you at least the average wage for a caregiver in your region. She needs to be making $70k a year but over $100k is best. It all depends on how many people in the household.

You - You need to show that you have experience as a caregiver (can’t use your illegal experience), get ECAs for your education and take IELTS.

Then you can apply for the program with a valid job offer. Offers to family members are heavily scrutinized as family members use as a way for PR. Once the applications is approved then you get a work permit. Applicants from 2019 are still waiting.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker.html

Kelly Nguyen

Apr 18, 2021
Valid job offer - What is her status in Canada if she doesn’t have a work permit? Your sister needs to set up a business registration number and show that she can afford you as a caregiver. Once she has a business number she can then set up your payroll to deduct taxes etc. She has to pay you at least the average wage for a caregiver in your region. She needs to be making $70k a year but over $100k is best. It all depends on how many people in the household.

You - You need to show that you have experience as a caregiver (can’t use your illegal experience), get ECAs for your education and take IELTS.

Then you can apply for the program with a valid job offer. Offers to family members are heavily scrutinized as family members use as a way for PR. Once the applications is approved then you get a work permit. Applicants from 2019 are still waiting.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker.html
Hello Naturgrl,
Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate your advices.
My sister's status in Canada is citizen. I meant the person who does not have a work permit is me, not her. I have a bachelor's degree from Vietnam university in Early Childhood Education which is equivalent to a Canadian bachelor's degree. I did run a childcare center in Vietnam and have experience in this area. I just want to make sure I am eligible to apply for a work permit within Canada under those pilots without needing to leave Canada.
Thank you again for your time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Naturgrl,
Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate your advices.
My sister's status in Canada is citizen. I meant the person who does not have a work permit is me, not her. I have a bachelor's degree from Vietnam university in Early Childhood Education which is equivalent to a Canadian bachelor's degree. I did run a childcare center in Vietnam and have experience in this area. I just want to make sure I am eligible to apply for a work permit within Canada under those pilots without needing to leave Canada.
Thank you again for your time.
You are not applying for a work permit. You are applying for PR through this program.If you have IELTS, ECAs and employment letters you can apply. Your sister needs a business registration number to set up her payroll and to be able to offer a valid job offer. Application fees are $1000+. You submit your profile and if you get accepted you get a one year work permit. Please read through the link.

Do you have IELTS and ECAs? Also if your sister hasn’t set up the business registration, you are most likely too late to submit an application for 2021 as there is an application cap of 2000+.

Kelly Nguyen

Apr 18, 2021
You are not applying for a work permit. You are applying for PR through this program.If you have IELTS, ECAs and employment letters you can apply. Your sister needs a business registration number to set up her payroll and to be able to offer a valid job offer. Application fees are $1000+. You submit your profile and if you get accepted you get a one year work permit. Please read through the link.

Do you have IELTS and ECAs? Also if your sister hasn’t set up the business registration, you are most likely too late to submit an application for 2021 as there is an application cap of 2000+.
Hello Naturgrl,
I have CELPIP-General language test results of CLB 8 in all four skill area, and I also have an ECA. I basically only need the work permit, but I can not find how to apply for a work permit within Canada without needing a LMIA and leaving Canada.
It is so lucky for me that I see your advices.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Naturgrl,
I have CELPIP-General language test results of CLB 8 in all four skill area, and I also have an ECA. I basically only need the work permit, but I can not find how to apply for a work permit within Canada without needing a LMIA and leaving Canada.
An LMIA is required.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Naturgrl,
If you want a work permit, your sister needs to apply for a LMIA. She needs to show that she tried to hire someone locally and couldn't. She needs to show the job posting with a salary that is on average to the area where she lives. She needs to pay the $1000 fee. If sucessful, then you can apply for a closed work permit. Again because you are family and already visiting Canada, the file will be heavily scrutinized. The process can take a long time. Also officers will wonder what you have been doing in Canada as a visitor when your sister applies for a caregiver.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/caregiver/apply.html

Manaaal

Apr 1, 2020
Why don't you try to apply for express entry that will be fast
You have clb 8 and bachelor degree and experience in job in demand i think in all canada provinces

Manaaal

Apr 1, 2020
Unfortunately her score will be below current draws for Express Entry.
Even if, she must try ,who knows ,at this time of pandemic ircc changes lot of thing ,and she can also present an expression of intrest to provinces who want teachers and especially try where her sister lives because she will have more point becoz of relative .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Even if, she must try ,who knows ,at this time of pandemic ircc changes lot of thing ,and she can also present an expression of intrest to provinces who want teachers and especially try where her sister lives because she will have more point becoz of relative .
Good idea but teachers are inelgible NOCs for PNP programs because it is a licensed profession. Also ECE require a license too. She doesn’t say the province where she is visiting.

Manaaal

Apr 1, 2020
Good idea but teachers are inelgible NOCs for PNP programs because it is a licensed profession. Also ECE require a license too. She doesn’t say the province where she is visiting.
She needs to calculate her score before and see all opportunities in the province where she lives

Kelly Nguyen

Apr 18, 2021
Your score is low for EE - Alberta, but you do have family there so that is a positive. What is your NOC?
I was a daycare teacher before I opened my own daycare center and worked as a general manager. I see the NOC for daycare teacher is 4214, but I do not know the NOC for general manager of a daycare.