+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Holding valid study permit until 2023; in India since Oct 2020; do I need to redo medical exam to return to Canada this month?

Rohit Abby Elias

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
So I started my studies in Jan 2020. I got fresh passport in July and extended my permit in July 2020. Now I hold valid permit up until 2023.

I have lived in India for more than 6 month now. I have heard that I require to do a IRCC medical test again if I want to return to Canada. Is this true?

I anyway hold a IRCC medical test done on 10 July 2020 (did for permit extension in canada).

Hopefully ban gets lifted so I can travel on 27 June

Rationalwarrior

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Yes, medical exams are valid for one year. For the most part, you wouldn’t face any problem if you are able to travel to Canada before your current medical report expires. However, I would check the status of your medical validity on your online application before you travel.

Good luck.

Rohit Abby Elias

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Yes, medical exams are valid for one year. For the most part, you wouldn’t face any problem if you are able to travel to Canada before your current medical report expires. However, I would check the status of your medical validity on your online application before you travel.

Good luck.
Are you sure returning students already holding valid permit (not just approval letter) require medicals?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Are you sure returning students already holding valid permit (not just approval letter) require medicals?
Doesn't matter since you have a valid medical at this time. If you will be travelling after your medical expires, you'll need to find out from IRCC if you need a new one.