+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Holding multiple positions employer reference letter

USmoothBrain

Nov 4, 2020
Hi,

If I've held multiple positions within a company and only want to claim points for one position, can I ignore other positions in that company that are irrelevant to my EE application?

Thanks,

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi,

If I've held multiple positions within a company and only want to claim points for one position, can I ignore other positions in that company that are irrelevant to my EE application?

Thanks,
Of course you should not mention those in employment section, however make sure that not show gaps in personal history, meaning try to fill the irrelevant experience in personal history and explain in an LOE that you do not wish to claim points against those (LOE is a post ITA requirement).

USmoothBrain

Nov 4, 2020
Of course you should not mention those in employment section, however make sure that not show gaps in personal history, meaning try to fill the irrelevant experience in personal history and explain in an LOE that you do not wish to claim points against those (LOE is a post ITA requirement).
What about in the LOE? I'm going to quit my job as soon as I get my LOE done, is there any chance that they might ask for reference/proof of other positions held? I am in post ITA right now from the last CEC draw.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
What about in the LOE? I'm going to quit my job as soon as I get my LOE done, is there any chance that they might ask for reference/proof of other positions held? I am in post ITA right now from the last CEC draw.
Letter Of Explanation LOE is just to further clarify any unclear issues that an immigration officer might observe.

If you already received Invitation to Apply ITA, now nothing can be edited and yes the system will ask for proof of experience as per your proclaim. You should provide Reference letters for each experience you declared. Otherwise you will not be able to get your application through. (Requirements must be uploaded).

Reactions: USmoothBrain

USmoothBrain

Nov 4, 2020
Letter Of Explanation LOE is just to further clarify any unclear issues that an immigration officer might observe.

If you already received Invitation to Apply ITA, now nothing can be edited and yes the system will ask for proof of experience as per your proclaim. You should provide Reference letters for each experience you declared. Otherwise you will not be able to get your application through. (Requirements must be uploaded).
My bad, I thought you were talking about letter of employment here(HR keeps calling it that and coffee's finally hit so no more brain farts hopefully).

I get the gist of it. I've not declared anything apart from my 1 year Canadian employment on the employment section. Everything else is on the Personal History section. I was worried about them asking for details on my part time and coop employment in the same company. Paystubs don't help either because the date of employment is when I started my coop here.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Reactions: Bacelor