Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
Hello guys, thanks for your help and advice on this wonderful forum. My wife just arrived in Canada and was issued her study permit at POE, but they stated on it that, " the holder of this permit is not allowed to work outside campus" i want to know why is her's different from other students? I am asking this because of the new rules that allows all student to start working right after they obtain their study permit and why this is not applicable to her. Please advice me on this. Her course is Child and Youth Counseling. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Wasty said:
Hello guys, thanks for your help and advice on this wonderful forum. My wife just arrived in Canada and was issued her study permit at POE, but they stated on it that, " the holder of this permit is not allowed to work outside campus" i want to know why is her's different from other students? I am asking this because of the new rules that allows all student to start working right after they obtain their study permit and why this is not applicable to her. Please advice me on this. Her course is Child and Youth Counseling. Thanks.
How long is her course? What's the duration?

Wasty

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
scylla said:
How long is her course? What's the duration?
Her course is a two year course. Diploma in Child and Youth Care Counseling

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What school?

Wasty

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
scylla said:
What school?
She is going Medicine Hat College. Does the school make a difference?

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wasty said:
She is going Medicine Hat College. Does the school make a difference?
@ Scylla- I checked, the college is there on their designated learning institutions list. That's strange, she should have received a go ahead for working off campus. By the way Wasty, When did your wife submit her application? Will she be studying full time or part time?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
did ur wife apply for visa before 1st june?

Wasty

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
mead said:
did ur wife apply for visa before 1st june?
Mead, yes my wife applied the visa on May 23rd, so that's before June 1 and got approval on July 3rd under general application. So it shows clearly that the new law does not apply to her right? If so when will she be allowed to work? She really needs this Off campus work permit. I will be joining her later, but I am still waiting for my OWP, its been 7 weeks now, and nothing from CIC. I hope the longer it takes, the better. What do you think?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Wasty said:
Mead, yes my wife applied the visa on May 23rd, so that's before June 1 and got approval on July 3rd under general application. So it shows clearly that the new law does not apply to her right? If so when will she be allowed to work? She really needs this Off campus work permit. I will be joining her later, but I am still waiting for my OWP, its been 7 weeks now, and nothing from CIC. I hope the longer it takes, the better. What do you think?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp

as soon as she cant get Confirmation to work off campus letter from CIC and she can get a SIN and start working. procedure is in the above link.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Wasty said:

You will have to apply for it via Case Specific Enquiry. Under type of application, select 'International Student: Confirmation letter to work off campus'
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.102372038.637305699.1407657894

Wasty

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate it.