+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Holder of a PDWP. Can I set up my own limited company?


Oct 21, 2018

I have a post diploma work permit and am currently employed by a Canadian company.

I'd like to set my own limited corporation and offer full-time services as a contractor to one client outside Canada. An alternative would be an Canadian umbrella company, acting as my employer.

Would this affect my permit? I'm not sure if I'd need to be employed as an actual employee by a Canadian company.

Many thanks.

EDIT: I should mention that I am currently applying for the PR.
Last edited: