+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hm, I think I messed something up?

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hello Forum Members,

I'm a Canadian and have been living in the Philippines with my Filipina common-law partner for the last 4 years, I've already completed the whole application with all the documents required. I've paid the

Sponsor your spouse or partner (without right of permanent residence fee)
Sponsorship fee ($75) and principal applicant processing fee ($475)
and
Biometrics - Per person ($85)

and mailed everything in Sydney, Nova Scotia. I also paid the fees (650) thru my RBC royal bank. I have read:

"Outland applications are processed through the visa office that serves the applicant’s country of origin, or where they have resided legally for at least one year. Processing times are listed by individual countries where the application is being made, which allows couples to make better informed decisions on which sponsorship route, Inland or Outland, they should pursue."

So, the way I read it, my application will not be processed because it's outland? I should've sent this to Manila Canadian Embassy?

It was not clear, I only went by what it was stated in the guides:

Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:
CPC Sydney
P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0H5

Anyone has any knowledge about this?

Thx;)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello Forum Members,

I'm a Canadian and have been living in the Philippines with my Filipina common-law partner for the last 4 years, I've already completed the whole application with all the documents required. I've paid the

Sponsor your spouse or partner (without right of permanent residence fee)
Sponsorship fee ($75) and principal applicant processing fee ($475)
and
Biometrics - Per person ($85)

and mailed everything in Sydney, Nova Scotia. I also paid the fees (650) thru my RBC royal bank. I have read:

"Outland applications are processed through the visa office that serves the applicant’s country of origin, or where they have resided legally for at least one year. Processing times are listed by individual countries where the application is being made, which allows couples to make better informed decisions on which sponsorship route, Inland or Outland, they should pursue."

So, the way I read it, my application will not be processed because it's outland? I should've sent this to Manila Canadian Embassy?

It was not clear, I only went by what it was stated in the guides:

Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:
CPC Sydney
P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0H5

Anyone has any knowledge about this?

Thx;)
The application is sent to the address quoted. They process part of the application and then THEY will send it to the visa office for the rest.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
The application is sent to the address quoted. They process part of the application and then THEY will send it to the visa office for the rest.
I'm already sending the OUTLAND application to Sydney, N.S from here in the Philippines. It's going directly to the VISA office in Canada.... I think you meant THEY (Canadian Embassy in Manila) will process part of the application and then send everything to CIC in Sydney....

Thx

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I'm already sending the OUTLAND application to Sydney, N.S from here in the Philippines. It's going directly to the VISA office in Canada.... I think you meant THEY (Canadian Embassy in Manila) will process part of the application and then send everything to CIC in Sydney....

Thx
No. It's the other way round. It's processed in Canada to start with and then CPC in Canada send it to the visa office abroad to complete the rest of the application process. It does not go back to CPC.

Reactions: StephanH

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thx
Sponsor eligibility is processed first by the office in Canada. They, being the office in Canada as zardoz said, then forward the app to the Manila office for the rest of the processing.

Reactions: StephanH