+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HKVO advice needed

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Well my mother just called agent. Im trying to get a rental contract for a year with mine and wifes name. Im transferring litterally 80 percent of our money into a new bank acclunt in our name in next few days once set up. Wife will quit her job this week with letter of resignation. Will show me talking to pet agency and plan to take cats. Will show me talking to apartment owner. And me leaving stating why I left and how my wife is alone in China, no job, little money. With three cats, Explain I will have to fly back, and quarantine twice. Will they give me a problem if no job in Canada? Such bullshit
You can of course do all of this. But you may want to slow down, take this methodically and take normal planning steps. Some of what you suggest is good - but only one person here is saying you have to get on a plane immediately.

In my view, depending on what you have submitted before, opening canadian bank account, transferring some funds, discussions not necessarily contract for rental apartment (if you did wish to reside with your mother to begin), travel plans are all good. You / your wife resigning are very strong steps - but may not be necessary (it is normal to indicate you wish to save money and resign once you have approval from IRCC). Making travel plans - even initial - is a good idea.

My point being: they asked for information. Get ready to respond. Don't overreact and cause yourself problems.

If you do wish to fly back, that is your decision of course.

Reactions: DiiDii

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I mean fly to Canada, then when she is approved fly back to get her and cats. Clearly how else could I deal with this shit

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
You can of course do all of this. But you may want to slow down, take this methodically and take normal planning steps. Some of what you suggest is good - but only one person here is saying you have to get on a plane immediately.

In my view, depending on what you have submitted before, opening canadian bank account, transferring some funds, discussions not necessarily contract for rental apartment (if you did wish to reside with your mother to begin), travel plans are all good. You / your wife resigning are very strong steps - but may not be necessary (it is normal to indicate you wish to save money and resign once you have approval from IRCC). Making travel plans - even initial - is a good idea.

My point being: they asked for information. Get ready to respond. Don't overreact and cause yourself problems.

If you do wish to fly back, that is your decision of course.
How to deal with this stuff though if we dont even know approval dates. I will do whatever they want just need to know. Is there a way to talk to.my officer and ask?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I mean fly to Canada, then when she is approved fly back to get her and cats. Clearly how else could I deal with this shit
no no no no no no no. do not say anything about flying back AGAIN. seriously? do you want another ADR? lol
When she gets her passport stamp, just fly back quietly and help her if you wish...that's not ircc business.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I just cant handle failure. My mother is not well and aging. Havent seen friends and family since 2015. Talk a lot online. Mom flew here few years ago. Never been in trouble with law, educated, seriously this cant fail us.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
You are now , in the End Game of the Chess match so to speak. You are winning, but you still need to be careful not to make a silly mistake and give you opponent a chance to turn it around. Silly mistake as in telling ircc you will fly back to China when your wife gets her Visa.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Also once I do eventually get these submitted how long does it take for them to review. Just wonder what time of time frame if we pass would we be looking at ppr if these are submitted arlund march 20

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Also once I do eventually get these submitted how long does it take for them to review. Just wonder what time of time frame if we pass would we be looking at ppr if these are submitted arlund march 20
LVO review'd each of my ADR in under 2 weeks! and this is HK so I would expect it not longer.
Once you are back in Canada and respond the ADR, it could take as little as a 2-7 days for Pre Arrival.
After Pre Arrival they will start Security checks, that is out of ircc hands, but honestly if your spouse isn't a muslim male, it will be super quick, I'd expect about 2-4 weeks PPR to follow, but dont quote me on that, its hard to guarantee things with these people. I do my best.