+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HK / BEIJING When should I do the medicial check?

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
I'm told to attach Police certificate / medical report together with my application form, but when I go to the body check center, they told me my report will send directly to Beijing visa office instead of passing it to me. So When should I do the body check? Before or after I submit the spplication form please? Thanks.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
kkbaggio said:
I'm told to attach Police certificate / medical report together with my application form, but when I go to the body check center, they told me my report will send directly to Beijing visa office instead of passing it to me. So When should I do the body check? Before or after I submit the spplication form please? Thanks.
You do the medical exams BEFORE submitting your app. Since they are valid for 1 year, you should do the exam as close as possible before you mail your application to CPC-Mississauga. You will get a receipt (IMM1017) from doctor showing you have done the exam, which you must include in your application.

Your doctor will send your medical results to a local Regional Medical Office, most likely the one in Beijing. After reviewing, the RMO will then send your final medical grade to VO doing your application.

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
Rob_TO said:
You do the medical exams BEFORE submitting your app. Since they are valid for 1 year, you should do the exam as close as possible before you mail your application to CPC-Mississauga. You will get a receipt (IMM1017) from doctor showing you have done the exam, which you must include in your application.

Your doctor will send your medical results to a local Regional Medical Office, most likely the one in Beijing. After reviewing, the RMO will then send your final medical grade to VO doing your application.

Thanks Rob_TO! I have aother question too, its similar, as the Hong Kong police certificated will be the same, they will send it directly by registered mail to the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority within four calendar weeks after I have applied. My question is...

When I mail my application form to Canada for my sponsor's sponsorship application first, and it takes a few months for the approval and then they will send my immigrant application form to Hong Kong (my VO). Does it mean they will open my case file once they have received the form in Canada at the first place? In both Hong Kong, Beijing, Canada will have my case opened? I'm just worrying my medical results and police certificate will be sent to wrong office and they do not have my case. :eek: Thanks

Ttcdfolk

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
kkbaggio said:
Thanks Rob_TO! I have aother question too, its similar, as the Hong Kong police certificated will be the same, they will send it directly by registered mail to the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority within four calendar weeks after I have applied. My question is...

When I mail my application form to Canada for my sponsor's sponsorship application first, and it takes a few months for the approval and then they will send my immigrant application form to Hong Kong (my VO). Does it mean they will open my case file once they have received the form in Canada at the first place? In both Hong Kong, Beijing, Canada will have my case opened? I'm just worrying my medical results and police certificate will be sent to wrong office and they do not have my case. :eek: Thanks

They will open your case file once they open it in Canada. Where in China do you live? They send your medical to Beijing first then Hong Kong, that's what they did with my wife's, and we live in Shenzhen.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
kkbaggio said:

I always thought for police certificates, you are supposed to get them yourself, and include the original in the application you send to CPC-M. However perhaps it's different with HK/Beijing.

For the medical, the only thing they will check in Canada is that you have actually done the medical, which will be proved since you will submit the receipt the doctor gives after the exam (IMM1017 form). In Canada they will not actually look at the results.

Once the sponsor application is approved at CPC-M and is sent to Beijing visa office, the VO in Beijing can access your medical results electronically from the RMO your medical was sent to, using your case# that will be on the IMM1017 medical receipt. I don't think there is actually any paper-mail going from the RMO to the Beijing office. They simply look it up with their online system.

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
I am living in Shanghai but I"m originally from Hong Kong so I will choose Hong Kong office. I have already got everything and will do the body check in Shanghai next week. Hopefully I can mail my application form soon! Thank you!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
For the Police Certificate from HK indeed it is a bit different, as HK authorities will not release a police certificate unless asked to. The Canadian embassy is used to that. So send your application with everything (medicals etc) except for the certificate from HK. After stage 1, your file will be send to the HK Vo - they will then contact you, issue a letter that you can send to the authorities to get the police certificate. the full procedure is explained on CIC website, here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/hong-kong.asp
Good luck,
Sweden