+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HIV positive and worried about my chances of being selected

Brazil89

Jan 22, 2019
Hey guys!

I just started getting all my documents to apply, and considering I do get an ITA after a while, I would really like to check if my current medication would not surpass the threshold of 19k.

My first treatment was 3x1 (tenofovir,lamivudine, efavirenz) and now I’m on Dolutegravir + Lamivudine and Tenofovir) . Undetectable, CD4 always on the 1000s, no Hep.

Is the Medical Exam prior to all the bureocracy of work qualifications, on a document submission timeline?

Cheers from Brazil! And I really appreciate the help.

imagine

Jun 19, 2018
Hey guys!

I just started getting all my documents to apply, and considering I do get an ITA after a while, I would really like to check if my current medication would not surpass the threshold of 19k.

My first treatment was 3x1 (tenofovir,lamivudine, efavirenz) and now I’m on Dolutegravir + Lamivudine and Tenofovir) . Undetectable, CD4 always on the 1000s, no Hep.

Is the Medical Exam prior to all the bureocracy of work qualifications, on a document submission timeline?

Cheers from Brazil! And I really appreciate the help.
Not sure about your medication threshold but in my case (and I believe the process would be same for all such cases), Medical Exam is undertaken after you have received your ITA. Post that you need to submit all documentation within 60 days of receiving ITA. This timeline has been reduced very recently.

imagine

Jun 19, 2018
I was cleared with medical 3 days ago. I am hoping for the best.. I am HIV positive for 3 years.
This is great news ! Heartiest Congratulations !
I collected my reports from the Medical Centre. They confirmed that the reports have already been sent to CIC. My CD4 numbers have improved (990) with viral load <20 copies (basically undetectable). No Hep B or Hep C detected.

All I can do is wait now.

@kyowa69 :Were you also requested for additional tests? How much time after that or after AOR did your Medicals get cleared?

kyowa69

Feb 20, 2017
It took me at least 4 months. all i can donis wait. According to the doctor i am done with medical. So everything is up to CIC now.

imagine

Jun 19, 2018
I know I am being anxious but just wanted to check if I am being over-anxious. My last Medicals were done in Feb beginning and it is close to 2 months now. As per my AOR, the 6 month cycle is gonna complete on May 2. Should I wait till then or call on the CIC helpline or order GCMS notes? I just don't want to not do anything that I should have done. Just asking for suggestions on this group since on the regular WhatsApp groups, I am not very comfortable sharing my Medical situation.
Also, is the 6 month deadline sacrosanct or are there chances that CIC takes longer than that duration as well? Please inform.

Allisc

Dec 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
@imagine

I would recommend ordering your GCMS so you can see where things are at. I am still waiting for medical clearance and my AOT was Oct 12th. I ordered my GCMS notes and it showed my that my case file was passed to the medical inadmissibility unit on Nov 29th for review and I am still awaiting a decision and that is almost 4 months now. Unfortunately,6 month deadline won't hold in my case and all I can do is sit and wait :-(

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I know I am being anxious but just wanted to check if I am being over-anxious. My last Medicals were done in Feb beginning and it is close to 2 months now. As per my AOR, the 6 month cycle is gonna complete on May 2. Should I wait till then or call on the CIC helpline or order GCMS notes? I just don't want to not do anything that I should have done. Just asking for suggestions on this group since on the regular WhatsApp groups, I am not very comfortable sharing my Medical situation.
Also, is the 6 month deadline sacrosanct or are there chances that CIC takes longer than that duration as well? Please inform.
The 6 months is a guide. It's not sacrosanct. There are many ways to have an application take longer.

express2020

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
@imagine

Yes, you are... please don't give yourself a panic/heart attack :p

There are still plenty of Aug/Sept AOR people with no medical history stuck in IP1/IP2, crossing 7-month mark and worse a handful of them even from previous months

All you can do is pray for "Medicals Passed" email and wait

express2020

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Thank you. I am just starting to submit my application after receiving ITA. Could you advise me if fully suppressed HIV should be considered a SERIOUS DISEASE OR PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISORDER?
Technically it's not, but for application sake, you have to fill it as a "YES"

imagine

Jun 19, 2018
@imagine Any updates on your status? I am sailing in the same boat.
Nothing as of now. Had planned to wait for the next job switch till this PPR thing gets cleared but now I am going ahead with applying in my country itself. Can't carry on with the current job, since its a matter of just waiting and nothing more at my end.