+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

history of overstaying to other country

vannycover

Nov 11, 2019
hello, im planning to apply to canada( by the way have sponsor already but not yet starting to process anything). my worries is that i've been overstaying to an other country few years ago, i was working as an aupair and supposed to move to another EU country after i've finished my contract but something came up and i end up overstaying & working for 4 yrs and voluntarily go home after that.. i dont know if that will affect my application to canada. Just want to have insight on this matter. i will be honest with my application and documents and will just hope to be approved..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello, im planning to apply to canada( by the way have sponsor already but not yet starting to process anything). my worries is that i've been overstaying to an other country few years ago, i was working as an aupair and supposed to move to another EU country after i've finished my contract but something came up and i end up overstaying & working for 4 yrs and voluntarily go home after that.. i dont know if that will affect my application to canada. Just want to have insight on this matter. i will be honest with my application and documents and will just hope to be approved..
If you are applying for any form of temporary residency, yes, it will certainly affect the app. Why would IRCC believe you would respect immigration laws in Canada when you overstayed and worked illegally in another country for 4 years?

vannycover

Nov 11, 2019
Thank you for your answer so my chance is extremely low, though i will declare everything, and there is no chance they approved my application? is there any way i can d0? Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your answer so my chance is extremely low, though i will declare everything, and there is no chance they approved my application? is there any way i can d0? Thank you!
The chances of approval are unfortunately extremely low given your history of overstaying and working illegally.

How long have you been in your home country since returning? I think your only chance of being approved would be to live in your home country for several years and reestablish ties there before applying to Canada.

vannycover

Nov 11, 2019
The chances of approval are unfortunately extremely low given your history of overstaying and working illegally.

How long have you been in your home country since returning? I think your only chance of being approved would be to live in your home country for several years and reestablish ties there before applying to Canada.

vannycover

Nov 11, 2019
i have returned but stayed only a year, and im here now in Hongkong working as a caregiver for 5 years now.. im legally working here and often vacationing in my home country, i already updated my social security insurance as a home time and paying it as well as health insurance at home, also my own property our house which maybe i can use.. i dont know if that will work, but actually i already have a canadian employer and she'll soon apply for the job offer application.. i still wanted to try, and was planning to file a police clrearance to the country i was before.. this is just a matter of risking chances...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i have returned but stayed only a year, and im here now in Hongkong working as a caregiver for 5 years now.. im legally working here and often vacationing in my home country, i already updated my social security insurance as a home time and paying it as well as health insurance at home, also my own property our house which maybe i can use.. i dont know if that will work, but actually i already have a canadian employer and she'll soon apply for the job offer application.. i still wanted to try, and was planning to file a police clrearance to the country i was before.. this is just a matter of risking chances...
In that case you can try applying for a work permit to Canada. It's hard to say if you will be approved or not. Make sure you are 100% honest about your immigration history in your application.

vannycover

Nov 11, 2019
Yes i dont have any intensions of hiding the past history, honesty is the best thing to do and declare everything, anyway i may have been overstayed but i dont have any bad records or cases before.. i think everybody deserves s second chance and mistakes committed in the past does not define a persons ability and sincererity.. i just hope the immigration officer who will handle my application will be considerate and kind..and if its for me then it will be, if it's not then it's not meant to be.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Just so you know, I had a history of overstaying in another country as well and I got approved with my PR application. I'm not saying there's no risk to the application. Just wanna put it out there that it has happened to me as well.

Reactions: lamawang

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Just so you know, I had a history of overstaying in another country as well and I got approved with my PR application. I'm not saying there's no risk to the application. Just wanna put it out there that it has happened to me as well.
A PR application is far different from a temporary residency app. Overstaying is not an issue for a PR app.

Reactions: lamawang

vannycover

Nov 11, 2019
hello, currently im not in canada, im in hongkong now and im about to start to application just completing all the needed documents and also i have a sponsor already and just waiting to have the job offer.. but im going to declare everything in my application coz it will be worst if i will not tell the truth then they will find out, that will be much more risk.. what did you do with your documentation? did you also submit a letter together with your application? coz i was thinking to write a supporting letter, and explanation during those years i dont have visa.. coz they're asking for old copies of visas, passport, contracts i have it all with me..

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011

vannycover

Nov 11, 2019
how about for the new pilot released? i really expect that my application might be affected with my historty of overstay, do you have any suggestions maybe besides from the required documents needed, should i also enclose a letter? im just thinking to provide necessary supporting docs or letter that might help, well chance is 50/50 but i still wanted to try.. maybe the consultant can help me as well with the paper works..

Jasmrahar

May 9, 2021
Have you mentioned anywhere in pr application about your overstay