Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Under what circumstance are you enquiring? Of course it is possible, but not as part of a family class application. Under one of the worker classes, if they qualify.

I

iarblue

No not at all.You have to prove there is no one else in your area that can do the job,and as a nanny you will find that very hard,even if its a private business you still have to show there is no one in your area able to fill the job which is highly unlikely.You need to advertise and do interviews then prove that the people were not good for the job.

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
I do not believe they can come here to work for you temporarily, however, there are some streams that allow them to apply as a worker under a PNP depending on which province you live in.

- http://www2.immigratemanitoba.com/browse/howtoimmigrate/pnp/pnp-family_support.html

Who is a close relative and what must they do for you to apply under the Family Support stream?

A close relative is defined as a mother/father, son/daughter, sister/brother, aunt/uncle, niece/nephew, grandparent or first cousin.
and there are also family stream applications for PR.

Alberta has closed it's family stream :(

You can also sponsor them as your parents for PR but that does take several years. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-who.asp

Alternatively, they could stay with you and "look after the children" (or similar) for room and board which doesn't contravene the work permit rules.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf

Examples of activities for which a person would not normally be remunerated or which would not compete directly with Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents in the Canadian labour market and which would normally be part-time or incidental to the reason that the person is in Canada include, but are not limited to:

unremunerated help by a friend or family member during a visit, such as a mother assisting a daughter with childcare, or an uncle helping his nephew build his own cottage;

volunteer work for which a person would not normally be remunerated, such as sitting on the board of a charity or religious institution; being a ‘big brother’ or ‘big sister’ to a child; being on the telephone line at a rape crisis centre. (Normally this activity would be part time and incidental to the main reason that a person is in Canada);

long distance (by telephone or internet) work done by a temporary resident whose employer is outside Canada and who is remunerated from outside Canada;

self-employment where the work to be done would have no real impact on the labour market, nor really provide an opportunity for Canadians. Examples include a U.S. farmer crossing the border to work on fields that he owns, or a miner coming to work on his own claim.

There may be other types of unpaid short-term work where the work is really incidental to the main reason that a person is visiting Canada and is not a competitive activity, even though nonmonetary valuable consideration is received. For instance, if a tourist wishes to stay on a family
farm and work part time just for room and board for a short period (i.e., 1-4 weeks), this person would not be considered a worker.

We recognize that there may be overlap in activities that we do not consider to be work and those activities which are defined as work not requiring a work permit in R186. However, the net effect (no work permit required) is the same.

:)

easylover

Jun 18, 2009
Thanks Siouxie, how long can a parent stay to assist a daughter with child care? I think as a visitor a parent could keep extending, however not sure if they can extend their stay if they are helping with child care? or am I wrong about this? It is sad that immigrants can not hire their parents to help them with child care, but we are allowed to hire live-in nannies from outside Canada anyway.

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
easylover said:
Thanks Siouxie, how long can a parent stay to assist a daughter with child care? I think as a visitor a parent could keep extending, however not sure if they can extend their stay if they are helping with child care? or am I wrong about this? It is sad that immigrants can not hire their parents to help them with child care, but we are allowed to hire live-in nannies from outside Canada anyway.
Do they need to inform CIC that they are looking after their grandchildren? I can't see why they should need to.

I would just say they are visiting....

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
easylover said:
It is sad that immigrants can not hire their parents to help them with child care, but we are allowed to hire live-in nannies from outside Canada anyway.
I know! This never made any sense to me. Does anyone have any thoughts on the logic behind this?

Lynn

easylover

Jun 18, 2009
I don't think any one knows why this is, but might have something to do with taxes.

Anyway if you visit with a multiple entry visa could you extend your stay? I am curious what multiple entry visa requires if you are given 3 years can you stay for 3 years or do you have to leave and then come back with in the 3 years?

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
I have just read in another thread that someone is receiving sponsorship from a family member for the live in caregiver program.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-girlfriendboyfriendfiance-t52939.0.html

It would appear from this that it may be possible after all, provided they qualify. I can't find anything in the regulations that say it can't be a family member.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/SOR-2002-227/page-3.html

Live-in caregiver class

110. The live-in caregiver class is prescribed as a class of foreign nationals who may become permanent residents on the basis of the requirements of this Division.
Processing

111. A foreign national who seeks to enter Canada as a live-in caregiver must make an application for a work permit in accordance with Part 11 and apply for a temporary resident visa if such a visa is required by Part 9.

Work permits — requirements

112. A work permit shall not be issued to a foreign national who seeks to enter Canada as a live-in caregiver unless they

(a) applied for a work permit as a live-in caregiver before entering Canada;
(b) have successfully completed a course of study that is equivalent to the successful completion of secondary school in Canada;
(c) have the following training or experience, in a field or occupation related to the employment for which the work permit is sought, namely,
(i) successful completion of six months of full-time training in a classroom setting, or
(ii) completion of one year of full-time paid employment, including at least six months of continuous employment with one employer, in such a field or occupation within the three years immediately before the day on which they submit an application for a work permit;
(d) have the ability to speak, read and listen to English or French at a level sufficient to communicate effectively in an unsupervised setting; and
(e) have an employment contract with their future employer.

:)