+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hiring Foreign Worker from the Philippines

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
POLO is a Philippines office in Vancouver, BC. They are asking employers to sign an addendum to the contract and collect $41.75 from Canadian employers. Wait until my member of Parliament hears about this!. They have no jurisdiction in Canada! If extra requirements are needed on a contract, it should be done by Canadian Immigration, not POLO! They have no authority to enforce the additions that they want on the contract and to collect money from Canadians. It's another Filipino scam to colloct money for their government and it needs to be stopped. I will be complaining to every MP that I can on this matter and also writing newspaper editorials.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Actually they have every right to do so,We(BC)signed an agreement with the Philippines,They can collect and regulate the Filipinos as much as they want,The Philippines signed with AB,SKS,MB,and ON also,Go ahead and complain that is your charter right,But dont expect us to act on your complaint about the treaty,its 100% Legal

saver

Jun 17, 2009
Hey folks dont be suprise and amaze that's our beloved@#%&* presidents idea of protecting the new heros (OFW) of our country.parang dumaraan sa butas ng karayom before you can get out.While if you exit from other country to work in canada it will only take you 3 months to process your paper.

nursechoy

Jun 30, 2009
mr BCguy. its my first time here in this forum. because im also query about this POLO issue..
i hope u could answer my question. what if i applied directly in canada, from here in saudi arabia..
im a nurse in riyadh, and i applied in alberta canda as a psw.. ( personal support worker)
whch my cousin who is in toronto helps me to find this employer..
i got alredy my working visa,issued here in canadian embsy (riyadh, saudi arabia)..
but i have a plan to go back to the phils first and have a one a month vacation atleast before
going there in canda.. if i will apply for oec and pdos, do is till need to undergo with this POLO also??
hope u could help me with matter.. i realy wanted to go back to the phils first to see my family atleast.
because i know it will take time again for me to go back in our country once we are in the canda, already.
God bless!

angelpot

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Calgary A.b.
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo transfered to Seattle
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-10
Doc's Request.
29-10-10 ( 1st AOR CIO )
AOR Received.
18-05-11 ( 2nd AOR )
IELTS Request
submitted already at CIO
File Transfer...
13-04-12 ( buffalo to LA office ) In process May11,2012
Med's Request
17-05-12
Med's Done....
11-06-12 received by Ottawa 04-07-12
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
July 26,2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 18,2012 Visa received Oct.12 ,2012
LANDED..........
October 27, 2012 ( thank GOD )
THI S POLO THING SUCKS !!! REALLY I AGREE.. IM IN CANADA NOW..I HAD PROBLEMS WITH THAT BEFORE I GOT HERE...NEED TO BE ADDRESS...AND STOP...IT WILL NOT HELP US..THATS MY OPINION...SORRY BUT THATS THE TRUTH...

snowdrops

Sep 6, 2012
Hi,

I have hired a Cleaner from Phils and now she already got her visa.
My concern is what is the requirements that we need to submit to POLO
in order come here.

Thank you and more power

abolyn76

Aug 16, 2012
Hi everybody,
i'm just wondering if you are still looking for an employee.I have a sister who is a Registered Nurse and willing to do caregiver job.
A brother who has more than 10 years of experience in Hotel and Restaurant Service.

I also live in Canada,its just that finding an employer is very difficult.
Hope you or your employer friends can help us.

Thanks.

snowdrops

Sep 6, 2012
Hi Nursechoy,

All I know if you go to the philipppines and you want to exit there it must to have a polo. YOur employer here need to process your POLO in order to come here.
And after they approved the POLO they will send it to POEA in Phils. and then that's the time that you need to do your PDOS get OEC and pay for something LIke PAG-IBIG etc., Witout POLO you can get out in the Phils.

azhschanty

May 13, 2013
hi are you still looking for a cleaner for Canada?. Im Mary rose and im living in the phils., hoping for your reply you can email me maryrosedejucos@y.c.. Thank you!

azhschanty

May 13, 2013
hi are you still looking for a filipino worker for Canada? feel free to contact me maryrosedejucos@yahoo.com, Thank you in advance.

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
azhschanty said:
hi are you still looking for a cleaner for Canada?. Im Mary rose and im living in the phils., hoping for your reply you can email me maryrosedejucos @ y.c.. Thank you!
Hi,

This forum has been inactive for a year. I hope you'll get response though. Good luck :)