+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hiring Foreign Live-in Caregiver

someone

Feb 5, 2009
Hello all.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. Anyway, if I wish to hire foreign live-in caregiver do I need to have proof that I've tried hiring or posting the job local as part of LMO requirement? I'm from Coq. BC.

Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

someone said:
Hello all.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. Anyway, if I wish to hire foreign live-in caregiver do I need to have proof that I've tried hiring or posting the job local as part of LMO requirement? I'm from Coq. BC.

Thanks in advance.
Follow the instructions here: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/lcpdir/lcptwo.shtml

PMM

EmilyMarie

Dec 31, 2008
MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO
Yes you need to post on job bank canada.ca for 14 days before you can send in the LMO application. You have to prove that u have tried to hire a canadian or permenant resident first.

@yourservice

Feb 16, 2009
The responses provided you so far are great. As of Jan. 01, 2009, the regulations became tighter. Additional information I could share is to make sure that you have met the requirements as stated in the Live-in Caregiver guidelines and expect that the Philippine Embassy (if you are hiring from the Philippines) in Manila might be asking for more evidence/support that you are in a position to hire a live-in caregiver. Some of the requirements are:

1) Sufficient income based from your T4 which should show that you have enough income to support your family members plus the prospective live-in caregiver's income (Reference is the Low Income Cut Off for the current year)
2) The accommodation (room) you are providing is sufficient thus you may be required to provide proof such as tenancy agreement between you and your landlord and floor plan of your home (showing the number of rooms) if you are renting and if you own your house - proof of ownership and number of rooms in your home.
3) Complete description of your immediate family tree and relationship to your prospective caregiver.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5196E10.asp and scroll down to table 4 where it says LICO

cambridgegal

Mar 14, 2009
thanks! when submitting the financial requirements for hiring live in caregiver, what papers/proof should I send and with the application?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know but I would guess at last year tax return for example.

mitchp

Apr 14, 2009
hi guys i'm just new here and i dunno if i'm in the right forum..

I have question with regards to hiring a foreign live-in caregiver, what if you are really in need of having a live-in caregiver to take care of ur kids apparently you don't have enough room to accommodate the live-in caregiver...let's say u are living in a condo with 3 bedrooms and u have 2 kids, which is boy and girl with ages 9 and 10. I heard about this additional documents that the canadian embassy in Manila is requiring which is the floor plan or residential appraisal report stating the numbers of rooms available.
What is the best thing to do to get through this additional requirements?????
If you show them the floor plan they will find out that there is only 3 bedrooms...but then you are really in need of a live-in caregiver for ur kids....

Please help us out guys....

thanks in advance...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't have room for a caregiver, why hire a caregiver? You expect her to sleep in the closet?

Either get a bigger apartment or look for other solutions. Kids 9 and 10 will be in school, there are a couple of hours a day where they will be home after school until you are home from work. In my homeland, you would give them keys to the apartment so they could get in, tell them they can have a yogurt or a slice of bread if they are hungry and please not to set the house on fire. If there is some reason you can not trust your kids in the apartment, first check if their school has an after school program, failing that, put up a note in your building or in your local grocery store for a hired grandma they should go and stay with until you are home or talk to the parents of their classmates, one of who might be a stay home. During the summer vacation you can look for other solutions such as day camp.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
mitchp said:
hi guys i'm just new here and i dunno if i'm in the right forum..

I have question with regards to hiring a foreign live-in caregiver, what if you are really in need of having a live-in caregiver to take care of ur kids apparently you don't have enough room to accommodate the live-in caregiver...let's say u are living in a condo with 3 bedrooms and u have 2 kids, which is boy and girl with ages 9 and 10. I heard about this additional documents that the canadian embassy in Manila is requiring which is the floor plan or residential appraisal report stating the numbers of rooms available.
What is the best thing to do to get through this additional requirements?????
If you show them the floor plan they will find out that there is only 3 bedrooms...but then you are really in need of a live-in caregiver for ur kids....

Please help us out guys....

thanks in advance...
I regret to inform you I talked to my contact who is in the visa section of the Canadian embassy Manila and He said unless your nanny has a private room,your request will be most likely DENIED

mitchp

Apr 14, 2009
of course she's definitely going to have her private room..its just that how can we let the embassy know that? coz we only have 3 bedrooms...is it possible to have the kids stay in 1 bedroom? and the nanny gets the other 1? btw, the caregiver we are planning to sponsor is a relative...

pls advice..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then it's a question of the embassy believing you can afford to hire a live-in caregiver if you can not afford separate bedrooms for your 9 and 10 yo. kids of opposite sex. You can try it though.

mitchp

Apr 14, 2009
paying higher mortgage is very much different from finding somebody to will take care of ur precious kids while ur away...moving with another apartment that has plenty of rooms means it's an additional expense...so u mean only those rich people with big mansions so do speak are the only ones entitled to find someone to take care of their kids while they're away?
we cannot just entrust our kids to daycare, coz i'm usually out of town for work and my husband works on a night shift...so nobody will be with my kids at night..that's why we need somebody to be with them on a full time basis..we cannot just leave them alone in the house overnight, right?

:m

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like I said, try it. Different cultures have different takes on how long kids of the opposite gender can share a bedroom. I know a guy who slept in the same room with his sister until he was 13. She was then 18 and moved out :) In my neighbourhood, that would have been considered seriously weird.