+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hiring caregiver from oversea

Lisajane

Jun 30, 2009
I would like to hire someone I know from oversea to become my disable child's caregiver. We have the same cultural background, the only problem is she know very little english and don't have the caregiver certificate which was required. Is there any other ways to get her here?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Lisajane said:
I would like to hire someone I know from oversea to become my disable child's caregiver. We have the same cultural background, the only problem is she know very little english and don't have the caregiver certificate which was required. Is there any other ways to get her here?
1. Not under the LCP, as from what you say, she wouldn't qualify. With no other skills it is probably hopeless.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have her take a caregiver course and study English and then you can apply for her. It's a long term project though.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not that much since she an elementary school teacher is not a caregiver as such. She has to have caregiver experience or a caregiver course. Being a nurse would work. Instead of taking a caregiver course, she could look for a caregiver job in her home country to get experience.

Lisajane

Jun 30, 2009
Can I hire her through Hiring Agency? Will that be easier? Will the Agency give her any trainning to make sure she qualify?

vivenhs

Nov 27, 2008
Hi Lisajane,

Are you able to work things out for your Caregiver? Should you need an alternative, my sister from the Philippines is looking for an employer, she speaks good english, had experience and certificate.

Thanks,
vivenhs

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Lisajane,

Are you still looking for a caregiver for your child? I might be of help to you. Im already here in canada as temporary foreign worker and my work permit expires this Nov and now im looking for the next job. I have a caregiver course back home (Philippines).
If you still need one just send me a message.

Thank you and goodluck!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Hi Lisajane,

If your prospective caregiver doesn't have a caregiver certificate, she can work in HK. She needs at least a year of experience before she can be allowed to work here as a caregiver without a certificate. As for her English skills, she can start honing it once she started working with her employers in HK. Reading aloud English publications will also help and listening to English stations and watching English shows and movies would help.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I forgot to add that she/he should also have a dictionary with English/you language and vice versa for her to be able to translate and understand the words read/heard.

Jun 28, 2013
There is possible for me in here in Kuwait living and working from Philippines I don't take study a caregiver but I have field experiencewith in 5 years tak care for a old woman illness here in Kuwait , and I have field experience a sales representative 2 years until now continue.... :)