+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hii

lule

Apr 26, 2018
I have a question
I was born in 1996 outside canada but at that time my father was canadian i want to know if i have the right of canadian citizenship and if yes how long will it take untill i will have my first canadian citizenship?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
You need to submit an application for proof of citizenship which is advertised as a 5 month process.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Then you probably are Canadian by decent, but the definitive proof will be doing the application.

lule

Apr 26, 2018
Then you probably are Canadian by decent, but the definitive proof will be doing the application.
there is another thing that i need to find out i applied for my fathers canadian citizenship because he lost it and now we are waitting for more than 9 months i dont know if this is any probblem or just a reguilar process ?
p.s we live outside canada

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
there is another thing that i need to find out i applied for my fathers canadian citizenship because he lost it and now we are waitting for more than 9 months i dont know if this is any probblem or just a reguilar process ?
p.s we live outside canada
Normal processing time is 5 months when the eCAS status is changed to "In Process". What is the status of your father's application on eCAS? If the last entry is the acknowledgment of receipt, then it has not been processed yet. If it says "In Process", then most likely it got sent to Program Support for further scrutiny and validation; you need to contact them through the webform to confirm this. If there is no eCAS profile for your father's application, then it might have got lost in the mail or by the courier; do you have a way to track the package?