+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Highest level of education - IMM0008

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
I am confused about the following. Can someone, please help choose the right one?

screen shot

My spouse finished Grade 1-10, then finished college (Grade 11-12).
Now she is a medical student and in her final year (5th year).

What should she choose?
Also what should be her number of years of education in total?

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I am confused about the following. Can someone, please help choose the right one?

screen shot

My spouse finished Grade 1-10, then finished college (Grade 11-12).
Now she is a medical student and in her final year (5th year).

What should she choose?
Also what should be her number of years of education in total?
Where is your spouse from? Maybe someone from that country can understand the school system and help out.

If where she is from a country where Med school is done after your degree, I think it could be Post Graduate - No Degree (because she hasn't finished), but I am not certain.

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Where is your spouse from? Maybe someone from that country can understand the school system and help out.

If where she is from a country where Med school is done after your degree, I think it could be Post Graduate - No Degree (because she hasn't finished), but I am not certain.
She is from Bangladesh. She went to med school after grade 12. It's a 5 years program and she is in her final year. So I am guessing it should be:

Post Secondary - No degree
Number of years of education in total: 16 (Grade 1-12 + First 4 years in med school)

Since she has not finished med school yet, should not it be post-secondary no degree?

What do you think?

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
She is from Bangladesh. She went to med school after grade 12. It's a 5 years program and she is in her final year. So I am guessing it should be:

Post Secondary - No degree
Number of years of education in total: 16 (Grade 1-12 + First 4 years in med school)

Since she has not finished med school yet, should not it be post-secondary no degree?

What do you think?
Yes, that sounds reasonable. In some places like Mexico (and I assume Bangladesh), Med School is a degree so it would make sense to put Post Secondary - No degree like you suggested.

I mentioned "Post Graduate - No Degree" in case it was like in Canada and USA, where usually Medical School is a postgrad.

I also don't think they would be too strict on you selecting the exact answer since education systems vary per country. To me, your suggestion makes the most sense.

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Yes, that sounds reasonable. In some places like Mexico (and I assume Bangladesh), Med School is a degree so it would make sense to put Post Secondary - No degree like you suggested.

I mentioned "Post Graduate - No Degree" in case it was like in Canada and USA, where usually Medical School is a postgrad.

I also don't think they would be too strict on you selecting the exact answer since education systems vary per country. To me, your suggestion makes the most sense.
Thanks so much for your feedback.

Reactions: Conaider

donprof

Jan 30, 2017
Hi all, my child is still in Grade 1 here in Canada but has done a full year kindergarten what do I fill under the highest level of education: (Secondary or less ) or (No Education)? for IMM0008 form. Appreciate any help here

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Hi all, my child is still in Grade 1 here in Canada but has done a full year kindergarten what do I fill under the highest level of education: (Secondary or less ) or (No Education)? for IMM0008 form. Appreciate any help here
I doubt it really matters but I would put "secondary or less".

Reactions: armoured
Aug 30, 2021
Hello. I am the dependent child being sponsored by my father. I am already of legal age; hence I am the one filling out my forms. In IMM 0008, on the highest level of education, should I choose "Post-Secondary - No Degree" since I am an incoming 1st year college student this September, and my paper is to be submitted a little after that month? Thank you!

Aug 30, 2021
Hello. I am the dependent child being sponsored by my father. I am already of legal age; hence I am the one filling out my forms. In IMM 0008, on the highest level of education, should I choose "Post-Secondary - No Degree" since I am an incoming 1st year college student this September, and my paper is to be submitted a little after that month? Thank you!