+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

High School Diploma Montreal

Seif Kordy

Oct 29, 2018
So I'm moving to Canada soon and will be settling in Montreal where I'll most likely continue my education.
I'm 19 years old, by the time I set foot in Canada I'll be 20 years old. I finished school in my country of origin about 2 years ago and still haven't earned my bachelor's degree, and quite frankly I'd rather earn one from a Canadian university. Therefore the highest educational certificate that I possess is General Secondary Certificate which is equivalent to the Canadian High/Secondary School Diploma.
My question is, is there some sort of equivalence test that I'll take to be eligible to enroll in Canadian universities with my foreign high school diploma or will I have to go through the Canadian high school diploma again? If either is the case could you please elaborate? I've already googled this topic but I couldn't seem to find clear answers.
Thanks in advance and I'm sorry for being too long.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So I'm moving to Canada soon and will be settling in Montreal where I'll most likely continue my education.
I'm 19 years old, by the time I set foot in Canada I'll be 20 years old. I finished school in my country of origin about 2 years ago and still haven't earned my bachelor's degree, and quite frankly I'd rather earn one from a Canadian university. Therefore the highest educational certificate that I possess is General Secondary Certificate which is equivalent to the Canadian High/Secondary School Diploma.
My question is, is there some sort of equivalence test that I'll take to be eligible to enroll in Canadian universities with my foreign high school diploma or will I have to go through the Canadian high school diploma again? If either is the case could you please elaborate? I've already googled this topic but I couldn't seem to find clear answers.
Thanks in advance and I'm sorry for being too long.
How are you are you coming to Canada? You will have to apply to Canada university or college based on your international high school grades.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Family sponsorship.
If this helps, my high school score is 91%.
As I specified before you will unlikely get credit for your previous university studies and will have to apply from scratch. The school will let you know if they require a language test in addition to your marks. You'll have to look up the various schools about how to apply. Some provinces have a provincial application program.

Reactions: Seif Kordy

Seif Kordy

Oct 29, 2018
As I specified before you will unlikely get credit for your previous university studies and will have to apply from scratch. The school will let you know if they require a language test in addition to your marks. You'll have to look up the various schools about how to apply. Some provinces have a provincial application program.
So I'll have to go through high school again by the looks of it, right?