+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

high risk countries?

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
Hello,
I am just curious about which countries are considered "high risk" (according to immigration or other) when concerning marriage fraud? And, which countries is immigration most suspicious about?

I am asking this purely out of curiousity.
Thanks

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
West Africa, East Africa, Morocco, southern China, Cuba. India and Pakistan are fine if the marriage is arranged and both spouses are of the same ethnic background; if it's a love match and the Canadian is not ethnically of the same background, the visa officers will be suspicious.
Basically an applicant from any third-world country will be looked at more closely than applicants from the first world.

memyselfandi

Jul 28, 2010
agreed that any third world country is a high risk, Nigeria is ranked the number one for marriage fraud
where are you sponsoring from?
shameful that it happens

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
south america?

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
canadianwoman said:
West Africa, East Africa, Morocco, southern China, Cuba. India and Pakistan are fine if the marriage is arranged and both spouses are of the same ethnic background; if it's a love match and the Canadian is not ethnically of the same background, the visa officers will be suspicious.
Basically an applicant from any third-world country will be looked at more closely than applicants from the first world.
WOW!. that IS unfortunate!!. i am an inland applicant and im originally from Kenya, My husband is White Canadian. Im 32 and he is 50 . We have three kids between us who got their Canadian citizenship through him less than six months ago. We have been married for nine years . We do get the "raised eyebrow" unfortunately everywhere we go as in every border it seems because of teh age difference and yeah sorry to say but the skin clour also.and when we claim to have been married for 9 years we have to produce marriage certificate. i am also a perm. resident of bermuda. And i have lived in bermuda for ten years prior to coming here . We are a very close family and i truly hope we will not be separated . If i have to leave the country, it will break us as a family because we own property here. My husband has a business here. we own cars together here. We have never ever been separated even once in our lives. hence the fact we didnt apply outland.
this is truly upsetting...

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
clearly Black-Berry, you can show that you are in a genuine relationship so you wont have anything to worry about. my soon to be sister inlaw is black from st. vincent, she has two small children whom i absolutely adore, and when recently asked what i was doing at a dance receital i proudly said, came to see my niece and nephew, the children were beaming :) as was i!

my husband's skin is white, his mother is white and his father is black, he is 20 years younger than i am, love sees no color and no age.....what is meant to be is meant to be

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Black-Berry said:
WOW!. that IS unfortunate!!. i am an inland applicant and im originally from Kenya, My husband is White Canadian. Im 32 and he is 50 . We have three kids between us who got their Canadian citizenship through him less than six months ago. We have been married for nine years . We do get the "raised eyebrow" unfortunately everywhere we go as in every border it seems because of teh age difference and yeah sorry to say but the skin clour also.and when we claim to have been married for 9 years we have to produce marriage certificate. i am also a perm. resident of bermuda. And i have lived in bermuda for ten years prior to coming here . We are a very close family and i truly hope we will not be separated . If i have to leave the country, it will break us as a family because we own property here. My husband has a business here. we own cars together here. We have never ever been separated even once in our lives. hence the fact we didnt apply outland.
this is truly upsetting...
Don't worry. In your case I don't think they will have any doubt about your relationship.
On average, applicants from third-world countries will have a harder time, as will a married couple of different race, but those are just averages.
Married for 9 years, actually living together for 9 years, and 3 kids together - you're safe.

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
It is a shame really that applicants from developing countries get it harder, but if thats how things are, then what can you do? My husband is Indonesian (from Jakarta). We met in Canada when he was going to school there.
We got our photos back already, and are just now waiting on an RCMP background check (I hope thats almost it), so I hope they are happy about our relationship evidence!

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Lois Lane said:
clearly Black-Berry, you can show that you are in a genuine relationship so you wont have anything to worry about. my soon to be sister inlaw is black from st. vincent, she has two small children whom i absolutely adore, and when recently asked what i was doing at a dance receital i proudly said, came to see my niece and nephew, the children were beaming :) as was i!

my husband's skin is white, his mother is white and his father is black, he is 20 years younger than i am, love sees no color and no age.....what is meant to be is meant to be
Lois lane that is really really sweet that you get over the "race" card. i do the same with my hubbys relatives who are white. My first daughter is not from me and she is 100 percent white but i adopted her when she was 8 an my kids are mixed. So my family is very multi racial and that raises eyebrows everywhere we go. She is 16 and looks 21 and im 32 and look prob 26 . So it is very hard for nyone to believe she is mine and she is as white as snow!. And my own biological kids are mixed. I just think that IO should realises .. third country or not. there is genuine people out there who genuinely love each other etc. for me even though i have a kenyan passport, i have permanent reidence for Bermuda as well which if this wont work ill go to bermuda and not Kenya.
i thought canada was one of the "better"countries when it comes to "race" and "third world" as in the acceptance aspect of it that is why im shocked that they deny many applicants using these reasons. I know people who are genuinely in love and genuinely married but have been denied entry visas which sucks. I guess the few bad people spoil it for the majority good eh?.

canadianwoman said:
Don't worry. In your case I don't think they will have any doubt about your relationship.
On average, applicants from third-world countries will have a harder time, as will a married couple of different race, but those are just averages.
Married for 9 years, actually living together for 9 years, and 3 kids together - you're safe.
Thanks Canadianwoman for the encouragement. but believe it or not everywhere we go we still raise questions and we are getting tired of it that no one ever believes us. we have actually been together for about 13 years now>! yes when i was 18 and he was in his thirties :D . and even though he is 50 , he acts young but our age difference shows i guess..
we just have to carry our proof and marriage cert everywhere eh??