+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

High blood pressure of 140/80

Xyzee

Apr 18, 2019
I went for medical on Monday for express entry. I am hypertensive for over 8 years and on medication. The first reading by the Nurse was 163/100. Then during physical examination, the doctor took it and it was 140/80. I told her the medication I am on and she wrote it down, However, she did not request that I do serum creatinine, ECG or ECHO and that is why I am worried. I have read several cases of HBP and doctors requesting them to do further test but in my case, she did not.

Kindly advise if I can still pass medical or would have to wait for furtherance test from CIC.

Thank you.

Adpr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

The only ailments cic cares about are infectious diseases , std's and cancer .

You will pass your medicals without any problems

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I beg to differ. During my medical exam, my readings were somewhere around ~142/80 for 3 consecutive readings I was asked to get ECHO done, which I did and it was normal.

A week later I received a letter from the medical diagnostic center that I have to consult a cardiologist (name and address was mentioned in the letter) and undergo further tests.

This is what was written on the letter :

'A recent report from a Cardiologist is required. Please forward a report addressing history, physical examination findings (including NYHA level and CCS functional class of angina if appropriate), state of target organs, functional capacity management needs and expected prognosis. The following investigations should
be considered where clinically appropriate: - echocardiography (including ejection fraction) - resting ECG - exercise ECG test (if indicated) - cardiac stress test - nuclear stress test.

Here is the list of tests I had to undergo and submit the reports.

1. CBC, ESR
2. Creatinine
3. HbA1C
4. Lipid Profile
5. LFT
6. Urine routine
7. Echo
8. USG KUB with renal arterial doppler
9. Chest X-Ray (front view)
10. Stress Test

Everything came normal, and the cardiologist issued his report.

Good luck.

Xyzee

Apr 18, 2019
Well, I beg to differ. During my medical exam, my readings were somewhere around ~142/80 for 3 consecutive readings I was asked to get ECHO done, which I did and it was normal.

A week later I received a letter from the medical diagnostic center that I have to consult a cardiologist (name and address was mentioned in the letter) and undergo further tests.

'A recent report from a Cardiologist is required. Please forward a report addressing history, physical examination findings (including NYHA level and CCS functional class of angina if appropriate), state of target organs, functional capacity management needs and expected prognosis. The following investigations should
be considered where clinically appropriate: - echocardiography (including ejection fraction) - resting ECG - exercise ECG test (if indicated) - cardiac stress test - nuclear stress test.

1. CBC, ESR
2. Creatinine
3. HbA1C
4. Lipid Profile
5. LFT
6. Urine routine
7. Echo
10. Stress Test

Good luck.
Thanks for your response. Did this letter for furtherance test come from the clinic or CIC?

Galsam

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......

1. CBC, ESR
2. Creatinine
3. HbA1C
4. Lipid Profile
5. LFT
6. Urine routine
7. Echo
10. Stress Test

Good luck.
I have situation not too similar to yours but it involved further test and doctor's report too. I had an serious accident some few years ago and it affected my left leg. I had a chronic ulcer on the leg after healing of the bones. During my medicals, CIC requested a report from my consultant on the history and prognosis of the ulcer which the consultant said it won't affect my capacity and ability to work in Canada. I was also asked to do a sputum test and an X-ray after 3 months. It been over 2 weeks since I submitted all the requested reports and X-ray but my medical is still reading "under review". Please like how many weeks after the completion of your test was your medical passed?

JinWang

Mar 1, 2021

1. CBC, ESR
2. Creatinine
3. HbA1C
4. Lipid Profile
5. LFT
6. Urine routine
7. Echo
10. Stress Test

Good luck.
Hi, rohitbites, I just got exactly the same report with you today from my PR medical exam, it was uploaded to IRCC, I was wondering if this will affect immigration? and what I need to do next ? Thank you.