+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

High Blood Pressure in Medical test

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
Last October 6, 2017, i had my final medical for Canada visa application. All laboratory test including serum creatinine and x ray were normal except for high blood pressure (157/100). The doctor ask me to have a medical check up to a cardiologist and ask for a medical clearance. My 2d echo was normal and stress test was normal too. I got my clearance with a diagnosis of hypertension controlled. However, i am worried because i told to the doctor that my mother has hypertension. My only concerns are the following:
1) does family history with hypertension affects visa rejection even if my status of hypertension is controlled and my tests were normal?
2) Is hypertension ground for disqualification for canada visa application?
3) does anyone here from Philippines with the same status as mine?

Thank you!
Did they take your creatinine test ?

If yes what was reading ?

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
Just got to know that ECG and Echo was fine.. Creatinine has been detected as 1.4 :S which according to the diagnostic centre is "Ok", as 0.8 - 1.4 is considered for permissible (But i am not sure of it).
What is your visa status with Creatinine level 1.4 ?

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
I had same issue, High BP twice so Doc referred me to Cardiologist. Had ECG and ECO done next day, BP was still high. had Creatinnine test as well. Was really worried after all this. But thankfully, Passed my medicals on 4th April.
Have you been on BP medication ?

What was your creatinine level ?

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
I had same issue, High BP twice so Doc referred me to Cardiologist. Had ECG and ECO done next day, BP was still high. had Creatinnine test as well. Was really worried after all this. But thankfully, Passed my medicals on 4th April.
What was your creatinine level ?

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
Hi guys, my husband did his Med test 2 weeks ago and he got called back to redo the serum creatinine test because his level was high. He redid it last week and result was still high. Now we're not sure what that means for his application. please advise if you were in similar situation or if you have knowledge on this. Thanks.

Extra info:
Express Entry
AOR May 12
CEC applicant
applied from Winnipeg

What was creatinine level ?

Andih09

Feb 26, 2021
I would like to share my medical experience last week... All went normal except my BP .It was 160 /110 while physician checking (Never went abnormal in the past)

Reason could becasue of my hetic travel before medicals / Anxiety over further overseas travel !! (Later felt chosen wrong day for medicals)

I Was told to wait some time and again re checked but still it was 150 / 90 , then Doctor directed me to undergo ECG and serum Ceratinine test.

Just now checked the online portal of hospital ... my Serum Ceratinine result is 0.8 mg/dl (normal is 0.9 to 1.3 ) & ECG is normal.

As per hosptial , VO office will decide on further test.... May be I Would get call for Cardio opinion !!
--------
Yesterday I got call from hospital asking me to visit again for cardio opinion...
Can some one help me understand what kind of test will there ? How to handle this
Hello, my husband is in the situation, how did it go for you?

Andih09

Feb 26, 2021
What was creatinine level ?
I read here after medical exam and i got very nervous because my bp was very high during examination.

now i have PR. I am sure that High BP is not a problem, if it is the only problem you have. dont worry. there was a guy here claiming that he rejected due to high bp. There must be another reason.
Were you referred to get further tests? Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, you were rejected only for your high blood pressure?? What happened next then?
High BP is not enough to get you denied. You could be required to do further cardiac testing to make sure there is not other cardiac issues. Your kidney function will also be examined and if you have low kidney function that could be a reason to find you inadmissible.

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
High BP is not enough to get you denied. You could be required to do further cardiac testing to make sure there is not other cardiac issues. Your kidney function will also be examined and if you have low kidney function that could be a reason to find you inadmissible.
Thanks for your response, actually, I did my medical yesterday. My blood pressure was 15/9, but Dr. did not ask for further actions and just told me usually this is not a big deal, but officer will decide about this. Now I am in stress, because if my BP is high, so maybe my creatinine is high as well(according to my online search), so I am worry that maybe they reject my application. I appreciate it if anyone had a similar situation could comment on this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your response, actually, I did my medical yesterday. My blood pressure was 15/9, but Dr. did not ask for further actions and just told me usually this is not a big deal, but officer will decide about this. Now I am in stress, because if my BP is high, so maybe my creatinine is high as well(according to my online search), so I am worry that maybe they reject my application. I appreciate it if anyone had a similar situation could comment on this.
Assume you mean 150/90. It will be up to IRCC if you are required to do further medical testing. You may have just had a “white coat effect” and been nervous about the appointment which raised your BP. Unless you have had elevated BP for a long period of time there is no reason your kidney function has decreased. It may have decreased for other reasons as well. Until you know your results there is not much you can do. Nothing you can do but wait and see what happens. If your BP is consistently that high you should really be taking medication and addressing lifestyle factors that lead to an increased BP. You could decrease your BP by losing weight, changing your diet, quitting smoking, being more active,etc. Medication would also decrease your BP to a level that doesn’t cause your body damage while you work on the lifestyle issues.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
As has already been mentioned a few times, high BP on its own is not a reason for inadmissibility.

High BP is an indicator of other health issues that you should get checked out, and under control.