+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

High Blood Pressure in Medical test

Nzigouto

Mar 4, 2021
Thank you very much for sharing. Reading your experience brought great relief to me.
My husband and I had our medical exam today and his BP was 155/89. Although the doctor said no additional tests are required for now.. But I'm a bit worried.

I can't wait to come back here to share my experience (hopefully, positive), in a few days or weeks.

#fingers crossed.

Thanks to everyone who have shared their experiences. I found them really helpful.

Hello everyone Jaineel this side,
I would like to post this as there are many people concerned about this issue and few months a ago I too had same questions about it and came across this forum where people shared their concerns about this issue and read how people had undergone their medical for Canadian student visa. I am here to share my story and experience, hoping it would answer some of your questions and would help you out in this manner. Quick information about me- I am Jaineel and I am going to pursue my masters in Applied Computer Science at University of Windsor for January 2022 intake.

I got acceptance from my university and was about to commence my visa filing for my student permit, and had decided to go for an up front medical examination before my visa submission. I reside in Hyderabad and had decided to take my medical examination at GYD diagnostics. I was quite tensed and booked my medical for 22nd of July 2021, I heard Canadian immigration is very strict with health stats and also the medicals were getting a lot of delays to be updated in your ircc due to the ongoing pandemic making the situation further worse. On 13th of July I decided to visit my local doctor just for regular health check-up so that I could be relieved before my actual medical, the doctor checked my blood pressure and told me its pretty high (180/100) and told me to go on immediate medications so that it can be controlled and he prescribed me for few tests just to confirm that the high blood pressure did not cause any alarming issues to my heart or other body parts. On the next day morning I went for those checkups and by evening I got the results and was very satisfied that due to high BP there was no effect to my other body parts and it concluded that I inherited BP problem from my family and due to obesity. I started taking medicines and was relieved that those medicines would help me control it and just before the day of my medical I once again went for BP check up and it measured out to be (140/90) and told me nothing to worry about it as medications were working fine. Here comes the day of my medicals and I reached the diagnostic centre for my medicals, the procedure was standard as everyone has and then went for normal checkup and my BP came out to be 160/90 and they told me not to panic and send me to the panel physician as everyone goes. I entered the panel physician cabin and he told me about my high blood pressure and then I showed him the prescription and test reports given by my local doctor, the doctor was very friendly and told me to nothing to worry and advised me to work on my fitness and take the medicines properly, due to high BP he just advised me to take an extra test along with all the standard test required for student visa and that test was advanced ECG. Later on I came out of the cabin and gave all the test along with the ECG too and also submitted the Xerox copies of my reports from local doctor too, in the end I left the medical centre and they told me if they have any extra tests or queries they will contact me in 24-48 hours and also told me not to worry if they don't call me within 2 days then consider ur medical has been submitted to IRCC. I was quite relieved and happy as I didn't relieve any call from their end. Later, on 4th of August I submitted my visa and updated my e-medical in the account, fortunately by god's grace on 25th of August my medical was updated in my CIC account and it stated that I had passed my medical, seeing that message made me come over here and share my story with all the students concerned about this issue.
Having High BP is not an issue to be worried about until or unless it has some serious consequences, I highly suggest to take ur medications on time and work on your daily-routine and fitness to overcome this issue. I hope my story helps you out with some of your questions and If there any other questions please comment here and I would be happy to help. As I had my family members and friends supporting me in this situation, I don't want anyone here with this issue to be left out and have no one to share this issue with. In the end, I really appreciate ur patience to ready out my story and share urs too if it can help others. Hope everyone here gets their visa soon and has a successful life ahead in Canada.

jaineel dharia

Jul 15, 2021
Thank you very much for sharing. Reading your experience brought great relief to me.
My husband and I had our medical exam today and his BP was 155/89. Although the doctor said no additional tests are required for now.. But I'm a bit worried.

I can't wait to come back here to share my experience (hopefully, positive), in a few days or weeks.

#fingers crossed.

Thanks to everyone who have shared their experiences. I found them really helpful.
Thank you so much for such a positive feedback, I am really happy to know that my experience was good for someone and I hope u come to Canada soon. " BTW just a small update I have reached Canada and have started my education at the University of Windsor "

Reactions: Nzigouto

Nzigouto

Mar 4, 2021
Thank you so much for such a positive feedback, I am really happy to know that my experience was good for someone and I hope u come to Canada soon. " BTW just a small update I have reached Canada and have started my education at the University of Windsor "
Congratulations to you. I wish you all the best.

Our profile got updated today with "you passed the medical exam".
They received our medical results yesterday and by noon today, we got an update.

I'm happy and relieved.

Reactions: jaineel dharia

pursuit

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Congratulations to you. I wish you all the best.

Our profile got updated today with "you passed the medical exam".
They received our medical results yesterday and by noon today, we got an update.

I'm happy and relieved.
Did the panel doctor ask you to do eco or another test post-physical test? can you give some more insight? thanks

Nzigouto

Mar 4, 2021
Did the panel doctor ask you to do eco or another test post-physical test? can you give some more insight? thanks
No.. He wasn't asked to do any further tests. None at all. We did the medical exam on December 23rd, 2021. Our profile got updated to medical passed on January, 11th, 2022 and then PPR on 12th of January, 2022.

I hope this helps. My best wishes.

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
We had medical yesterday. My wife has some BP problem and is under medication. During medical bp was normal and dr. asked if any problem, my wife replied that she is under medication for BP and named the medicine. He said ok. He did not advised for any more test. What will be the position in such case. Kindly advise, I am worried.

pursuit

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
We had medical yesterday. My wife has some BP problem and is under medication. During medical bp was normal and dr. asked if any problem, my wife replied that she is under medication for BP and named the medicine. He said ok. He did not advised for any more test. What will be the position in such case. Kindly advise, I am worried.
Don't worry as long as your BP is controlled by medicine, the doctor will pass the medical. Talk to your doctor if he/she doesn't see the issue then you're good. Usually, the panel doctor is the one who recommends further test.

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
Don't worry as long as your BP is controlled by medicine, the doctor will pass the medical. Talk to your doctor if he/she doesn't see the issue then you're good. Usually, the panel doctor is the one who recommends further test.
Medical was on 14th April.
Panel Dr. said nothing only asked the name of medicine. Then we came back to our destination.

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
Basically, high boold pressure is not a big deal for medical checks itself, as long as it does not lead to the other issues like kidney failure etc. On the other hand, usually physicians do not say anything regarding further test, this is your officer decision to request for more test, if you need one. But I can say BP is not a worry for medical check, specialy if it is under control like your case, which you talked about.

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
Basically, high boold pressure is not a big deal for medical checks itself, as long as it does not lead to the other issues like kidney failure etc. On the other hand, usually physicians do not say anything regarding further test, this is your officer decision to request for more test, if you need one. But I can say BP is not a worry for medical check, specialy if it is under control like your case, which you talked about.
Thanks a lot

pursuit

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Thanks a lot
Usually, your panel physician makes a recommendation on further test, which then IRCC makes formal request for a test. If you panel physician doesn't see any issue and has indicated that further tests are NOT needed, you should be good. I gave twice medical and first time they ask me echo cardigram test. Second time i took doctor didn't ask me for any further test.

Reactions: kuldip25

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
Usually, your panel physician makes a recommendation on further test, which then IRCC makes formal request for a test. If you panel physician doesn't see any issue and has indicated that further tests are NOT needed, you should be good. I gave twice medical and first time they ask me echo cardigram test. Second time i took doctor didn't ask me for any further test.
Thanks

mabakar25274

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2020
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Windsor
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-06-2020
Doc's Request.
26-09-2022
Nomination.....
08-07-2020
AOR Received.
15-02-2021
File Transfer...
28-05-2021
Med's Request
02-06-2022
Med's Done....
15-09-2022
Dear Friends,
My medical assessment was done on June 15, 2022, found below,

1. Need Sputum test as my lungs have some spots ( its due to covid-19 which I had in June'2020). Already given sample for culture, report will come after 8 weeks & will take fresh X-ray after 3 months.
2. Serum Creatinine found 1.4 (should be 1.3).
3. Blood pressure 80/120 under medication, already informed during check up.

Pls share ur thoughts, as per my understanding its normal and should not be any issue.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Dear Friends,
My medical assessment was done on June 15, 2022, found below,

1. Need Sputum test as my lungs have some spots ( its due to covid-19 which I had in June'2020). Already given sample for culture, report will come after 8 weeks & will take fresh X-ray after 3 months.
2. Serum Creatinine found 1.4 (should be 1.3).
3. Blood pressure 80/120 under medication, already informed during check up.

Pls share ur thoughts, as per my understanding its normal and should not be any issue.
So what follows is after 3 months the sputum test and x-ray done then will be send to IRCC medical team, they will examine it. If there is change between 2 medical tests, it would be medical surveillance. Though it depends upon medical team and your medical results. Hope this helps.

mabakar25274

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2020
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Windsor
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-06-2020
Doc's Request.
26-09-2022
Nomination.....
08-07-2020
AOR Received.
15-02-2021
File Transfer...
28-05-2021
Med's Request
02-06-2022
Med's Done....
15-09-2022
So what follows is after 3 months the sputum test and x-ray done then will be send to IRCC medical team, they will examine it. If there is change between 2 medical tests, it would be medical surveillance. Though it depends upon medical team and your medical results. Hope this helps.
Thx for your reply, means if sputum resukt is negative, x-ray is same or better then no issue?

How about remaining points regarding serum Creatinine and BP?