+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

High Blood Pressure in Medical test

hotpot

Mar 15, 2019
Unlikely to be a problem but should probably have a holter monitor test annually.
Thank you for responding! The test result shows only one note: arrhythmia with ventricular extrasystole (VES).
This was during the treadmill tests. Doctor haven't asked for a holter monitor test, so I assume that if anything more serious, he would. What do you think?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for responding! The test result shows only one note: arrhythmia with ventricular extrasystole (VES).
This was during the treadmill tests. Doctor haven't asked for a holter monitor test, so I assume that if anything more serious, he would. What do you think?
The holter monitor is the 24 hour test with leads. They can vary between 24-72 hours. Not a cardiologist but any arrhythmias should be monitored in the longterm and may require medication but won't lead to PR refusal.

Reactions: hotpot

hotpot

Mar 15, 2019
The holter monitor is the 24 hour test with leads. They can vary between 24-72 hours. Not a cardiologist but any arrhythmias should be monitored in the longterm and may require medication but won't lead to PR refusal.
Thanks for the info! I'm sponsoring my parents, my mom is the main applicant and my dad is dependent of my mom. Do you know if my dad become inadmissible, my mom still can have the PR?

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the info! I'm sponsoring my parents, my mom is the main applicant and my dad is dependent of my mom. Do you know if my dad become inadmissible, my mom still can have the PR?

Thanks!
It is all or nothing but your father's heart issues don't seem serious enough for a refusal.

hotpot

Mar 15, 2019
It is all or nothing but your father's heart issues don't seem serious enough for a refusal.
Thanks again, that makes sense! Doctor also asked him to do another test for creatinine. He has done that 2 weeks ago and it was good, so I assume that it will be good too.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks again, that makes sense! Doctor also asked him to do another test for creatinine. He has done that 2 weeks ago and it was good, so I assume that it will be good too.
Extra kidney and cardiac tests are pretty typical especially for this age group.

hotpot

Mar 15, 2019
Hi, today I called the clinic and asked if they would need any other test from my dad. The secretary said that they have already sent the results out to IRCC with a small observation about my dad's medications and heart tests. Doctor asked for a cardiologist's declaration describing medication and dosage that my dad takes for hypertension and high blood pressure, as well as a note on his heart's condition which was ok. The result of the tests only showed arrhythmia with ventricular extrasystole (VES) when he did the treadmill test. The creatinine test was excellent. Sorry for asking it again, but do you think that IRCC could ask for more exams, or even refuse him?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, today I called the clinic and asked if they would need any other test from my dad. The secretary said that they have already sent the results out to IRCC with a small observation about my dad's medications and heart tests. Doctor asked for a cardiologist's declaration describing medication and dosage that my dad takes for hypertension and high blood pressure, as well as a note on his heart's condition which was ok. The result of the tests only showed arrhythmia with ventricular extrasystole (VES) when he did the treadmill test. The creatinine test was excellent. Sorry for asking it again, but do you think that IRCC could ask for more exams, or even refuse him?
They may ask for cardiac testing. As long as he doesn’t need surgery to correct the irregular electrical conduction pattern he should get approved.

flashadi

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
My BP was 170/100 went to cardiologist I was told my heart was swollen cos of prolonged bp.Got abnormal ECG.My echo showed my heart retraction rate was 74%.normal is 50-75% just pray your heart fall in that range that's what they re looking for. But no worries buddy .Got my PPR already.
I have a question regarding medical can you please help?

psilva

Apr 17, 2019
They may ask for cardiac testing. As long as he doesn’t need surgery to correct the irregular electrical conduction pattern he should get approved.
Very similar case but after telling the doctor about hypertension, he asked us to go to a cardiologist and get a report. Here is the report:

Anamnesis reporting Systemic Arterial Hypertension for about 20 years and Primary Hypercholesterolemia. The diseases mentioned above are undergoing treatment, controlled and stabilized. The patient has no smoking and or alcoholic history. Active lifestyle. Clinical examination shows parameters in a normal situation with satisfying results. Electrocardiogram Left Atrial Overload. From a Cardiovascular viewpoint, sustained in anamnesis, Clinical Examination, and Computerized Electrocardiography and Color Doppler Echocardiography there are no pieces of evidence of cardiopathy in the present case. Unequivocally Hypertensive patient Patient is above sustained treatment, what will be for life.

INT: Potassium Losartan 50mg 01 pills oral 08.00HR A.M. - Continuous use
INT: Atenolol 50mg 01 pill oral 08100HR A.M. - Contmuous use
INT: Indapamide 1.5mg 01 pill oral 08:00HR A.M. Continuous use
INT: Rosuvastatin 1Omg 01 pill oral 09:00HR P.M. - Continuous use

Diet with little sal and without fats of animal origin.

Can you or anyone else advise me, please?

Thank you in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Very similar case but after telling the doctor about hypertension, he asked us to go to a cardiologist and get a report. Here is the report:

Anamnesis reporting Systemic Arterial Hypertension for about 20 years and Primary Hypercholesterolemia. The diseases mentioned above are undergoing treatment, controlled and stabilized. The patient has no smoking and or alcoholic history. Active lifestyle. Clinical examination shows parameters in a normal situation with satisfying results. Electrocardiogram Left Atrial Overload. From a Cardiovascular viewpoint, sustained in anamnesis, Clinical Examination, and Computerized Electrocardiography and Color Doppler Echocardiography there are no pieces of evidence of cardiopathy in the present case. Unequivocally Hypertensive patient Patient is above sustained treatment, what will be for life.

INT: Potassium Losartan 50mg 01 pills oral 08.00HR A.M. - Continuous use
INT: Atenolol 50mg 01 pill oral 08100HR A.M. - Contmuous use
INT: Indapamide 1.5mg 01 pill oral 08:00HR A.M. Continuous use
INT: Rosuvastatin 1Omg 01 pill oral 09:00HR P.M. - Continuous use

Diet with little sal and without fats of animal origin.

Can you or anyone else advise me, please?

Thank you in advance.
This is a pretty typical profile for 60+ year olds. No you won't be denied based on this but if the person is overweight or not active they may be able to decrease their medication use with lifestyle changes.

flashadi

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
My dad's EGC was very slightly abnormal. Panel physician requested cardiography. He went for it and the doctor said his results were abnormal because of anxiety. My dad walks a lot, The doctor recommended that he should keep walking and increased the dose of his blood pressure medicines.

Can anyone please advise? if they saw the same situation like me?

psilva

Apr 17, 2019
This is a pretty typical profile for 60+ year olds. No you won't be denied based on this but if the person is overweight or not active they may be able to decrease their medication use with lifestyle changes.
Thank you! I hope IRCC doesn't ask for more tests.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My dad's EGC was very slightly abnormal. Panel physician requested cardiography. He went for it and the doctor said his results were abnormal because of anxiety. My dad walks a lot, The doctor recommended that he should keep walking and increased the dose of his blood pressure medicines.

Can anyone please advise? if they saw the same situation like me?
Anxiety could raise your pulse or blood pressure but should create irregular rhythms. Hard to comment without knowing what kind of abnormality showed up. You will just ave to wait but if the doctor wasn't overly concerned it is unlikely to be a big issue.

Reactions: flashadi