+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hiding travel history

tiamaria

Aug 13, 2012
spartan300 said:
Do not try to think about hiding anything to CIC.....You will caught on providing false information and will be inadmissible for Canada for 2 years. Be genuine and go for the points i hope you will meet the points..
but i am already applied without this info and already in process with date, what should i do? will they find out my travel history? and how? pls advice?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
tiamaria said:
Dear Scylla,

i am sorry that i had to hide it but i am already in process with date, do you think, at this stage i will have problem?
Yes - it's certainly possible that you will have a problem at this stage.

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
You have done a mistake, now its your luck, I think normally they check your name in the criminal records, there they will not catch you, but sometimes they may go for much detailed checks and it is possible to catch you. Now you cannot do anything, so just wait and see what happens
tiamaria said:
Hello All,

i had a travelling history to malaysia, i stayed their for 2 years on student visa, but i did not finish my studies in malaysia, i was scared that my application will not be considered, therefore, i hide this travel history on my application.

i am currently in process with date with my application, please guys, advice me, will i be caught at this stage as i am already in process? do they contact all countries during security check to find out travel history other then countries mentioned in PCC???

tiamaria

Aug 13, 2012
scylla said:
Yes - it's certainly possible that you will have a problem at this stage.
but i have submitted pcc of only 2 countries where i have traveled before excluding pcc from malaysia, i guess, they do check countries as per pcc submitted OR will they check all countries of the world to find out my travel history? pls advice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
tiamaria said:
but i have submitted pcc of only 2 countries where i have traveled before excluding pcc from malaysia, i guess, they do check countries as per pcc submitted OR will they check all countries of the world to find out my travel history? pls advice.
They check specific countries as per PCCs submitted but also conduct other background and security verifications. Others who have lied in their applications have been caught so there's certainly a chance your lie will be caught as well. As others here have said, the harm is done and there's really nothing you can do at this point (other than withdraw your application and start again from scratch).

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiamaria said:
As far as I am aware they do not necessarily check where you went on holidays.. The police checks apply to places you have lived for more than 6 months. Travel and living is not treated the same.

tiamaria

Aug 13, 2012
mikenz said:
As far as I am aware they do not necessarily check where you went on holidays.. The police checks apply to places you have lived for more than 6 months. Travel and living is not treated the same.
dear,

i did not went on holiday, i rather stayed in two nations for more than 6 months and that is my point, i want to discuss, i know that they only contact countries for whom the PCC's have been submitted, i have not mentioned malaysia in my application and also no malay PCC, why they will contact malaysia for verification without any clue?

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, I see.. with travel I associate holidays and other leisure activities..

I am by no means an expert, but they might be able to see where you lived for longer than 6 months based on the immigration stamps in your passport. Maybe that is how they would see?

Sorry if I missunderstood..

tiamaria

Aug 13, 2012
mikenz said:
Okay, I see.. with travel I associate holidays and other leisure activities..

I am by no means an expert, but they might be able to see where you lived for longer than 6 months based on the immigration stamps in your passport. Maybe that is how they would see?

Sorry if I missunderstood..
dear mikenz,

i dont have that passport anymore and not having any photocopy of that passport, when i applied for new passport, my passport office took the old one, i submitted fresh passport copy to visa office. so, i wonder, how they will be able to verify my past travel to malaysia. pls advice.

jadwig

Star Member
Mar 12, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiamaria said:
dear mikenz,

i dont have that passport anymore and not having any photocopy of that passport, when i applied for new passport, my passport office took the old one, i submitted fresh passport copy to visa office. so, i wonder, how they will be able to verify my past travel to malaysia. pls advice.
There's no need wasting your time and energy posting this question here. I guess what you're just looking for is an answer that will reassure you and put your mind 'at temporary peace'. The truth is that no one on this forum is your Visa Officer nor will ever be involved in the process of determining your application. Sit back, relax and wait to either be caught or go through....

tiamaria

Aug 13, 2012
jadwig said:
There's no need wasting your time and energy posting this question here. I guess what you're just looking for is an answer that will reassure you and put your mind 'at temporary peace'. The truth is that no one on this forum is your Visa Officer nor will ever be involved in the process of determining your application. Sit back, relax and wait to either be caught or go through....
thanks for your time given to reply on my inquiry, but i wonder, as mentioned my most seniors, do they really have any way to find out my past travel history that is either not mentioned in app. or in the new passport?

SOHEL SARFARAZ ABBASI

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Russia
Hello members,

quick question:

Which check is done CHC more detailed/keen according to Canada PR Process.

1. Documents Verification's (Academics/Experience/Certifications) etc. or
2. Security Checks means criminality checks

ryanomil

Aug 30, 2011
Cambridge
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2012
Doc's Request.
sent with app
AOR Received.
LVO don't be silly
IELTS Request
Band 8.5
Med's Request
25/06/2012
Med's Done....
03/07/2012 3rd Line 23/07/2012
Passport Req..
09/09/2012 DM made as well 09/09/2012
Everything is recorded about your travel. With today's technology it is very easy to trace peoples travels. They send your application to an external agency for security checks which if they do their job to any degree of competence they will discover your dishonesty.

I wish you luck in getting through but I do honestly think you were foolish not to include your Malaysia travel history in your application.

tiamaria said:
thanks for your time given to reply on my inquiry, but i wonder, as mentioned my most seniors, do they really have any way to find out my past travel history that is either not mentioned in app. or in the new passport?

naikabhay11

Jan 30, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SOHEL SARFARAZ ABBASI said:
Hello members,

quick question:

Which check is done CHC more detailed/keen according to Canada PR Process.

1. Documents Verification's (Academics/Experience/Certifications) etc. or
2. Security Checks means criminality checks
both r done equaly,they r going to give u PR of their country.u nd ur family will enjoy equal benifits as canadian citizens with some restrictions.so they will do all the checks giving equal importance.
Do not hide any thing,they will catch u.

Abhay

tiamaria

Aug 13, 2012
ryanomil said:
Everything is recorded about your travel. With today's technology it is very easy to trace peoples travels. They send your application to an external agency for security checks which if they do their job to any degree of competence they will discover your dishonesty.

I wish you luck in getting through but I do honestly think you were foolish not to include your Malaysia travel history in your application.
Dear ryanomil, thanks for your good wishes.