+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hiding account number on bank statement

Kassim213

Mar 31, 2020
Hello All,
If anyone can help, will be greatly appreciated
When submitting bank letter/statement, should we hide out the bank account details (for example, only show last 4 digits) or is it safe to submit all complete information given that it will be handled securely.
Thank you.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Is it for IRCC? If so do you see any value in doing this given that they already have your entire personal profile like name, date of birth etc. If you still feel concerned, try to get the letter with account number hidden directly from bank and not to do any alterations in the documents that you are submitting for immigration.

Kassim213

Mar 31, 2020
Dear Deepcur,
Thank you so much for the reply. Yes it is for IRCC express entry application. I already paid for bank statements and it shows full account details. I guess will submit as it is.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello All,
If anyone can help, will be greatly appreciated
When submitting bank letter/statement, should we hide out the bank account details (for example, only show last 4 digits) or is it safe to submit all complete information given that it will be handled securely.
Thank you.
They can access all that info if they want to so no need to black out any part of it.

Reactions: Buletruck

TootToot

Mar 10, 2020
I submitted mine and ran a black sharpie through the account number to block it. Whether or not people see a point in doing so is another question. I just felt safer showing them my name and other details, but not the full account number as this paperwork likely goes through the hands of a few staff and is accessible (I imagine) to many. Had no issues with our application.