+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi

Gambino

Feb 13, 2019
I have been rejected a Canada visa to visit my fiancé for 6 months , I’ve applied for multiple entries . The visa officer says I am refusing your application on the following grounds: stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status. Also added
based on your travel history.
Which I don’t understand because I have to travel in and out of country to Senegal few times for family visit and also visited Fathala wildlife last year August which I have my passport stamps. I’ve mentioned two of my last visit which I remember on my application with the travel dates . I have provided my business documents with the tax clearance receipts and personal savings statements of 200,000 dalasis and also business account statement which is over 367,0000 dalasis with everything i’ve Provided including supporting documents, police report certificate, medical certificate, account statement letter from my bank with the bank transaction statement and yet the visa officer denied me visa as my finance has mentioned on the letter she will be accommodating me at all ease for my 6months visit . I don’t get it why the visa officer refused me a visa to visit my fiancé . It says on the email they sent to me , I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, base on your based on your personal assets and financial status. added base on your travel history. Of cuz I’ll return back to my home before 6 months visit will be expired. Like I applied for multiple entries visa , why would I stay . I don’t know whats next to done, I got this email yesterday morning. I was hoping to get any help from you to reapply again .

Last edited:

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
The first red flag raised was your request for a 6 months visit visa. Assuming from your post that you are a business person the first question the VO would have in his mind is how can you leave your business unattended for such a long period.
Your saving account balance of dalasis 200,000 works out to be at a little over CAD 5300 at the current rate of exchange. How can you expect to convince the VO that you have enough for the return airfare plus expenses to fund your 6 months trip. The balance in your business account is not taken into consideration (unsure whether it is dalasis 367,0000 or 367,000) as there are a lot of variables that needs to be taken into consideration.
Your fiance may have undertaken to meet all your expenses but was any financial documents of your fiance attached with your application?
Travel history to developing countries are not considered and as such these visit do not lend credibility about your intention to return home.
If you can address these concerns your next application may stand a chance of being approved.

Gambino

Feb 13, 2019
The first red flag raised was your request for a 6 months visit visa. Assuming from your post that you are a business person the first question the VO would have in his mind is how can you leave your business unattended for such a long period.
Your saving account balance of dalasis 200,000 works out to be at a little over CAD 5300 at the current rate of exchange. How can you expect to convince the VO that you have enough for the return airfare plus expenses to fund your 6 months trip. The balance in your business account is not taken into consideration (unsure whether it is dalasis 367,0000 or 367,000) as there are a lot of variables that needs to be taken into consideration.
Your fiance may have undertaken to meet all your expenses but was any financial documents of your fiance attached with your application?
Travel history to developing countries are not considered and as such these visit do not lend credibility about your intention to return home.
If you can address these concerns your next application may stand a chance of being approved.
Yes my fiancé financial documents was attached. Her 3 months bank statement and 3 months pay slips , including her bills electricity, water , gas bills reciepts , home ownership, letter of employment etc

Gambino

Feb 13, 2019
What was the balance in her account?[/QUOTE . I have submitted two account statements of my own, business account which is 367,000 dalasis and personal saving account of 200,000 dalasis also. .

Her own statement account balance was 11,437.12 Canada dollars. .

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Even after taking your business account balance into consideration the total funds available would be 15000(your fund)+11000(fiance)=26000 CAD the VO will have doubt about your financial capacity for a six month stay as a visitor.

Gambino

Feb 13, 2019
Even after taking your business account balance into consideration the total funds available would be 15000(your fund)+11000(fiance)=26000 CAD the VO will have doubt about your financial capacity for a six month stay as a visitor.
Okay . So what are you advising for my next application, statement amounts I should cover for my account statements of 6 months . I mean how much money ? And also how long during of stay for my visit cuz am refuse 6 months visit even thought it was for multiple entries. What’s your advice in this case . I don’t think it can be appeal as you shown me enough reasons why.
She is reasonable for my tickets I wasn’t on buying Flight but she didn’t mentioned that on the letter . What do you think?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Limit your visit to say four to five weeks. Your application will stand a much better chance of approval and don't forget to address in a letter of explanation why you have changed your mind regarding the length of stay and be sure to backup your explanation with as many proof as possible. The VO will only approve your TRV application if he is convinced that you will.return back to your home country and for that you have to prove strong ties to your home country and allay any reservations that the VO may have about you violating the condition of your visa.

Gambino

Feb 13, 2019
Limit your visit to say four to five weeks. Your application will stand a much better chance of approval and don't forget to address in a letter of explanation why you have changed your mind regarding the length of stay and be sure to backup your explanation with as many proof as possible. The VO will only approve your TRV application if he is convinced that you will.return back to your home country and for that you have to prove strong ties to your home country and allay any reservations that the VO may have about you violating the condition of your visa.
Okay so I should write a letter of explanation? And how long can I reapply again.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
IRCC will determine whether they give you a single or multiple entry. All applications are considered for multiple entry, but the final decision on whether it is multiple or single and the duration (6 mo th, o e year or multiple years) of the TRV is out of your hands.

Gambino

Feb 13, 2019
IRCC will determine whether they give you a single or multiple entry. All applications are considered for multiple entry, but the final decision on whether it is multiple or single and the duration (6 mo th, o e year or multiple years) of the TRV is out of your hands.
Ok but on the application form below . Visa category can still choose multiple entries? What’s your advise

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
You can reapply anytime you think you can address the concerns that a VO might have. Generally TRV is issued till the validity of your passport but IMO if you allay the VO's concern you might be issued a shortened validity visa i.e. either a single entry visa or a visa with a validity of two years( This is purely my opinion may or.may not happen). Hope you don't abuse the privilege if you are given the chance. Good luck.

Last edited: