+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hi, I've just applied PGWP , but questions regarding my son's visitor permit

kwanwoo

Sep 4, 2021
Hi,
I'm holding a study permit, and I applied for PGWP a few days ago
and my son's visitor permit expires this November 30th
so I will extend or apply for his visitor permit soon,

by the way, I noticed that my son's passport expiry date is left less than 2 years.
so, if I reissue his passport now, before applying for extending his visitor permit,
is it ok to just apply for extending visitor permit with the new passport number?
or do I have to inform them that his passport number is changed before applying to extend his visitor permit?

thanks.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi,
I'm holding a study permit, and I applied for PGWP a few days ago
and my son's visitor permit expires this November 30th
so I will extend or apply for his visitor permit soon,

by the way, I noticed that my son's passport expiry date is left less than 2 years.
so, if I reissue his passport now, before applying for extending his visitor permit,
is it ok to just apply for extending visitor permit with the new passport number?
or do I have to inform them that his passport number is changed before applying to extend his visitor permit?

thanks.
If i understood, you first applied alone without your son and the question is you want to apply for your son depending on the expiration of his passport? whether now or wait until renewal, right

kwanwoo

Sep 4, 2021
If i understood, you first applied alone without your son and the question is you want to apply for your son depending on the expiration of his passport? whether now or wait until renewal, right
yea , I was wondering that I should change the passport after extending or applying his visitor permit , or
is it ok to just change the passport and extend or apply his visitor permit now?