+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi I'm 37 yrs. old, can i still get Student Visa in Canada?

Mhiks

Dec 16, 2019
Hi I'm 37 yrs. old, i graduated bachelors degree in Accountancy way back 2003. I'm currently working in Middle East as Accountant. Now its been 16 years since i graduated and no further schooling after that, Do i still have chance to grant student visa in Canada as Im planning to take post graduate course or continuing study course for my education & career growth.
Please any information regarding this.
Thank you

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hi I'm 37 yrs. old, i graduated bachelors degree in Accountancy way back 2003. I'm currently working in Middle East as Accountant. Now its been 16 years since i graduated and no further schooling after that, Do i still have chance to grant student visa in Canada as Im planning to take post graduate course or continuing study course for my education & career growth.
Please any information regarding this.
Thank you
You can try , but plz make a note of below points. I can speak from my exp as I am also 37 and just applied to universities.

1. Enroll for Master program in University and not Post Grad program in College.
2. Program should be in sync with your past education and experience.
3. Have sufficient funds, do not try to show fund of some uncle, aunt, brother or sis. Otherwise VO will reject your file.
4. Try to apply for your home country and not from Foreign Country.

Mhiks

Dec 16, 2019
Thank you Simmidas for your information. I am planning to take Post Grad diploma course of 2 yrs. full time, isnt enough?

highphy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
You can try , but plz make a note of below points. I can speak from my exp as I am also 37 and just applied to universities.

1. Enroll for Master program in University and not Post Grad program in College.
2. Program should be in sync with your past education and experience.
3. Have sufficient funds, do not try to show fund of some uncle, aunt, brother or sis. Otherwise VO will reject your file.
4. Try to apply for your home country and not from Foreign Country.
I really think applying from a foreign country shouldn't be a problem as far as he can prove he has something that will surely bring him back home like family, job or property...
my opinion though...

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Age by itself shouldn't be an issue we have some 40 year olds studying. I think living in a foreign country will be much more difficult to overcome.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are a more mature student you have to show that a degree would be a logical progression based on your previous work and education and that it will lead to career advancement. It should make financial sense for you to leave a job and do your course especially if you have a family. This is especially the case for the various postgrad courses and less of an issue if you are doing a masters or PhD. If you are making good money as an accountant in Dubai and are applying for a postgrad course that screams immigration. The course is unlikely to lead to any promotion or higher earning power and you are wanting to leave a good income to come and pay international fees.

djohne

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I'm 45 yrs old, I have an MBA and I'm not living in my country of birth. I applied and got accepted to Centennial to do an advanced diploma. I applied and got my student visa. It's more about having what they require especially the funds, they know people use studying in Canada to immigrate and that's not a problem. Best of luck to you, do not be discouraged.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm 45 yrs old, I have an MBA and I'm not living in my country of birth. I applied and got accepted to Centennial to do an advanced diploma. I applied and got my student visa. It's more about having what they require especially the funds, they know people use studying in Canada to immigrate and that's not a problem. Best of luck to you, do not be discouraged.
You got incredibly lucky. Looked at your profile and you got more than incredibly lucky to get approval to do a postgrad in accounting after an MBA at any age. Will you have the points to actually immigrate?

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Many congratulations !!!
If I may ask, you are from which country.
Visa approval also depends on Student's country. The rejection rate is very high for some countries.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
There are people in 40s doing PD certificate in my course, the rest of yohr profile will determine yohr results not your age.

highphy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
That’s what am saying, all depends on luck... don’t be discouraged to pursue your dream no matter where you are... if it’s meant to happen it’s gonna happen

highphy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Many congratulations !!!
If I may ask, you are from which country.
Visa approval also depends on Student's country. The rejection rate is very high for some countries.
Yeah some countries has a high rate of rejection especially Nigeria

tausif_asif

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
I am 34 years old. Can I go for a postgraduate diploma of 1 or 2 years? I have an education Gap of 12 years with Job experience.

thanks