+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi! guys help! I have a big doubt.... I appreciate it

josep

Dec 14, 2014
I graduated as a hotel manager and I got my post graduation work permit, now I am in Grande Prairie Alberta working in the oil fields as a "well tester assistant operator",NOC 8232, different from what I studied, some of my duties match the NOC 8232, they trained me and I got safety tickets with them and I will get the experience while working.

In the NOC say that :Oil and gas well loggers, testers and related workers require three to six months of formal on-the-job training and several years of experience in subordinate logging and testing positions or on drilling and servicing rigs, so I have no several years of training in related jobs before, I got the training and certificates in the company and I am ready to go, I will be learning day by day...

So I would like to know if I can apply after a year of doing this job, even though I had no experience about it before

Thanks for your time, it would be appreciated if you can help me to understand it

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Well to be frank it might create issues with below reasons.

Education in different field
Less Experience

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the company are providing you with on the job training and willing to confirm your exact role for the duration of your employment you should be okay.

Be prepared that if CIC request further evidence to substantiate your claims you will need your employer to provide further papers confirming that you are actually doing the job and they have been providing on the job training etc.

Basically - if it's legit employment apply and don't worry - it'll work out. You should be totally fine.

Good luck.