+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi friends, i need help with job responsibilities of NOC 2174

manshahia

Aug 20, 2019
Hi friends,
I am in post-ITA process and the deadline is 26 Aug.
I have gathered all the required documents but I really want to be sure about the responsibilities before i submit the file.
My Husband and I have worked as iOS Application developers. My role was as a software developer and my husband's as senior software developer.

Following are the responsibilities that are mentioned:

Software developer : 2174
  • Design and build applications for the iOS platform using Objective-C Language & XCode as IDE.
  • Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications by making modifications.
  • Collaborate with Android and Web teams to define, design, and ship new features.
  • Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs to improve application performance.
  • Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
  • Work closely with product management & UX to execute an idea from concept to delivery using excellent software design, coding, & processes.
  • Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.

Senior Software Developer: 2174
  • Development of mobile front ends and cross platform clients with online/offline functionality based on agreed upon scope and requirements.
  • Develop intuitive and user friendly cross platform applications for mobile/tablet devices.
  • Rapidly build prototypes/simulations from mockups that can be directly implemented.
  • Perform cross-browser/device testing and optimization.
  • Create and build mobile applications using cross platform SDKs.
  • Support and maintain ongoing development for existing applications and projects.
  • Mentor junior team members.
  • Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products.
  • Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring.
  • Keep a check on existing apps on different app stores for updation, feedback and new policies and rules.
Can you guys please verify if these responsibilities correspond with NOC 2174. The deadline is really pressing and i don't want to live in fear for next six months during file processing. Rejection at this stage would be a nightmare. Please help, i would be thankful to you.

-Manu

P.S. - I really don't trust the consultants, they have no idea of these responsibilities and they would submit anything given to them as a document.

Last edited:

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
Anyone please help
How's your PR application going? I have selected same 2174 and in my case, I am Android developer rather than iOS.

Please let me know the status of your application. Thank you.