+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi everyone

Sep 18, 2019
Hi everyone..

Im a live in caregiver here in canada just arrived last march 2020. So since i was also affected by the covid and i apply ei to receive a cerb. My concern is since i am recieving financial assistance till now but still working to my employer does it mean that my experience those times will not be counted because i am recieving a cerb?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi everyone..

Im a live in caregiver here in canada just arrived last march 2020. So since i was also affected by the covid and i apply ei to receive a cerb. My concern is since i am recieving financial assistance till now but still working to my employer does it mean that my experience those times will not be counted because i am recieving a cerb?
Are you sure you are even eligible for CERB? If you just arrived in March, there is no way you could have earned 5000 CAD or more in Canada during 2019. This is one of the mandatory criteria for CERB... I am pretty sure you will be asked to repay the money you've received.

Experience? It depends... Did you keep working but a reduced salary (below 1000 CAD a month), if so, you can still count the hours worked. If you stopped working completely, you cannot count hours you didn't work, so no.