+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi everyone

amry

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Need help
My daughter who is pursuing medicine overseas left her PR here in Canada
Since lockdown, she wanted to fly to Buffolo airport then I will drive together with her Canada PR and pick her.
Will the Immigration stop her at the Buffalo airport?
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Need help
My daughter who is pursuing medicine overseas left her PR here in Canada
Since lockdown, she wanted to fly to Buffolo airport then I will drive together with her Canada PR and pick her.
Will the Immigration stop her at the Buffalo airport?
Thanks
No one here can predict what US CBP will do, particularly under the current travel restrictions. They could certainly refuse her entry and send her back.

Is her PR card valid? Does she meet the RO?

amry

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
No one here can predict what US CBP will do, particularly under the current travel restrictions. They could certainly refuse her entry and send her back.

Is her PR card valid? Does she meet the RO?
Thanks for the reply.Yes her PR is still valid. Just renewed.She was here last November or hoildays and accidently left her PR here.She has another 4 years. Any option or her to enter

amry

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Thanks for the reply.Yes her PR is still valid. Just renewed.She was here last November or hoildays and accidently left her PR here.She has another 4 years. Any option or her to enter

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So just mail her the PR card and have her fly directly to Canada. Why make it more complicated by going through the US?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is impossible to have 4 years left. She must be compliant with the 2 out of 5 year at any point. Would also warn you that the majority of IMGs can’t get into residency programs in Canada which will likely make it impossible for her to meet PR residency requirement on top of attending medical school abroad.

Edit: reread your history. You both lost your PR due to not being compliant with your RO and had to wait until your husband met his RO to be sponsored again. That is not renewed PR.

Last edited: