+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445


Discussion in 'Permanent Residence in Canada' started by Sandhuyy, Oct 21, 2019.

  1. hi, my husband is on dependent work permit, he left me after getting 3 years of dependent work permit as i was student in canada. Now he has been charged in canada for assault and case is going on trial and date for trial has not been confirmed yet. He as also been charged in India under 498a for assaulting and abandoning wife after getting workpermit. his work permit will be expired in september 2021.
    i wanted to ask if he can apply for LMIA or work permit further, or refugee or any status in canada.
  2. He is free to apply for anything. His charges will be an issue. Would suggest you work on getting a divorce and move on with your life.
    Buletruck likes this.
  3. Until his criminal cases are decided, IRCC won’t do anything with an application.

Share This Page