+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hey People

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So I hired a lawyer for my case. I was in Canada from Jan 2011 to April 2016. I as in a pre university program in 2011 and then transferred to University in Jan 2012 till 2016. I never completed my degree due to a mental illness, guys I became extremely Ill and it became severe to the point of suicide. In the process I was failing my courses and could not handle school or daily living. My parents, having little understanding of mental illnesses decided I stay back and not come home (I was deciding on coming home I was really getting tired if suffering and not doing well in school) so I did not renew my permit and waited the restoration period in defiance to them so I had no choice but to leave

After I arrived however I applied to return but was rejected. Reason was purpose of visit. I could only speculate they saw my transcript and at this point my grades were bad and I had dropped some courses to regain stance in my school. My courses were all over and some first year courses weren't seen got F,'s. Now? I am reapplying to get back with a different school Carleton U and have medical documents that span 4 years of treatments and one from home confirming I had been in therapy for one year and I'm fine now to return.

The lawyer I am using however includes medical documentation and an argument that states I am medically fit. He indicated the reason I overstayed was due to my mental illness ans insist too much detail isn't neccessary here. What is your take. Is the applocation Strong enough?
Out of curiosity:
Was your mental condition triggered by circumstances/events in Canada/living in Canada? If yes, hopefully you have submitted adequate medical evidence to confirm that those trigger points don't exist + you will be able to withstand/overcome those issues should they arise when you return without the need for treatment.

Your mental illness/therapy lasted for at least 5 years which implies it was quite serious. IRCC might consider you as someone who could require health services during your new stay. Your previous overstay further reduces the chances of an approval

Blablablabb

Aug 13, 2018
Oo
Out of curiosity:
Was your mental condition triggered by circumstances/events in Canada/living in Canada? If yes, hopefully you have submitted adequate medical evidence to confirm that those trigger points don't exist + you will be able to withstand/overcome those issues should they arise when you return without the need for treatment.

Your mental illness/therapy lasted for at least 5 years which implies it was quite serious. IRCC might consider you as someone who could require health services during your new stay. Your previous overstay further reduces the chances of an approval
Ok I have a medical document that proves I have been symptom free for one year and fit to return to my medical pursuit and that I received care here at home. My lawyer's indication on the Application for study permit form was that I overstayed due to my mental illness. He says this is fine provided I had proof and all. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Blablablabb

Aug 13, 2018
I understand a study permit comes with a work permit clause. It allows you work 20 hours during school period and full time in the summer. I'm not sure what full time is, 40 hours so I heard but can you possibly work more than 40 hours? I might be confused what"full time" is. Can you apply for a work permit and work more than 20 hours during school period? I do not wish to do this. I respect the law it's imperative