+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hey People

Blablablabb

Aug 13, 2018
So I recently hired Abrams and Krochack immigration lawyers for my application. Here is a little background about my situation.
So I developed a mental illness while in Canada, excruciating and really suffered. I got great grades initially but dwindled as my mental health became worse. My parent not knowing what a mental illness was were not helpful. I was planning on going home after years of fighting and bad grades to get better but they wouldn't let me. Decided on not renewing my study permit and overstayed the restoration period so that their hands would be tied and would allow me come home. I have med documents of over 4 years to prove illness. A year after being home they tried reapplying for a new study permit but I got rejected. My guess is because I had not been doing well and I petitioned so many courses out of my transcript ot looked like i had few courses to show for for 4 uears id been in school. Now? I applied to a new University to offer a fresh start and had been receiving care for a year at home. I'm fine now btw. For reapplication what are my prospects? I overstayed yes but twas a difficult decision

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So I recently hired Abrams and Krochack immigration lawyers for my application. Here is a little background about my situation.
So I developed a mental illness while in Canada, excruciating and really suffered. I got great grades initially but dwindled as my mental health became worse. My parent not knowing what a mental illness was were not helpful. I was planning on going home after years of fighting and and grades to get better but they wouldn't let me. Decided on not renewing my study permit and overstayed the restoration period so o their hands would be tied so I could come home. I have med documents of over 4 years to prove illness. They tried immediately reapplyibg but got rejected. My guess is because I had not been doing well and I petitioned so many courses Came home however and received care for a month.
Sorry - it's not clear what your question is. Could you provide more information?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have you ordered your GCMS notes to see the detailed refusal reasons for your last study visa? If not, you should do this first before reapplying.

I would say that your chances of getting a new study permit approved are probably less than 50% because you did not complete your previous studies in Canada and it also sounds like you remained in Canada without status for a while (which will work against you). When you reapply, you will want to include a very strong SOP to convince IRCC that you are now well and able to focus on full time studies in Canada.

Blablablabb

Aug 13, 2018
Ok
Have you ordered your GCMS notes to see the detailed refusal reasons for your last study visa? If not, you should do this first before reapplying.

I would say that your chances of getting a new study permit approved are probably less than 50% because you did not complete your previous studies in Canada and it also sounds like you remained in Canada without status for a while (which will work against you). When you reapply, you will want to include a very strong SOP to convince IRCC that you are now well and able to focus on full time studies in Canada.
Ok so I have doctors note and medical records 200 pages worth as proof I was mentally ill. The most recent not confirms I'm well and readily able to resume studies

Aug 12, 2018
HI ALL,

I APPLIED TRV ON 26 July 18 THROUGH CIC ACC
UNFORTUNATELY GETTING REFUSAL ON 9-8
BUT ON NEXT DAY I GOT MAIL FROM DELHI IMMIGRATION ABOUT MY FILE RECEIVINGSTATED THAT MY FILE IS IN QUEUE FOR PROCEESING AND U HAVE TO BE PATIENT

WHAT IS THIS AND WHAT I WOULD DO ?
PLZ HELP ME GIVE SUGGESTIONS ON THIS MATTER .

Blablablabb

Aug 13, 2018
So I hired a lawyer for my case. I was in Canada from Jan 2011 to April 2016. I as in a pre university program in 2011 and then transferred to University in Jan 2012 till 2016. I never completed my degree due to a mental illness, guys I became extremely Ill and it became severe to the point of suicide. In the process I was failing my courses and could not handle school or daily living. My parents, having little understanding of mental illnesses decided I stay back and not come home (I was deciding on coming home I was really getting tired if suffering and not doing well in school) so I did not renew my permit and waited the restoration period in defiance to them so I had no choice but to leave

After I arrived however I applied to return but was rejected. Reason was purpose of visit. I could only speculate they saw my transcript and at this point my grades were bad and I had dropped some courses to regain stance in my school. My courses were all over and some first year courses weren't seen got F,'s. Now? I am reapplying to get back with a different school Carleton U and have medical documents that span 4 years of treatments and one from home confirming I had been in therapy for one year and I'm fine now to return.

The lawyer I am using however includes medical documentation and an argument that states I am medically fit. He indicated the reason I overstayed was due to my mental illness ans insist too much detail isn't neccessary here. What is your take. Is the applocation Strong enough?

Blablablabb

Aug 13, 2018
Submitted my application today to VFS global. Was told to do "biometrics" and the person was rude. Really grumpy loud voice and all. Curious is he supposed to do that because it is necessary for security reasons? Just curious.