+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hey, I need your opinion on uploading the original degree certificate

cyystef

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Hi, I got my ITA, and currently, I am preparing documents. While searching for some possible rejection reasons I suddenly notice that not uploading the original degree may be directly rejected??? I am shocked but thankful to know this before submission.

Here is my situation: I have already got my ECA and an Award Letter from my university (actually this letter and original transcript helped me get my ECA), but the original copy will not be ready until the graduation ceremony next month. Could you suggest what I should do?

1. decline and wait for the next draw to earn more time;
2. submit anyway and attach an explanation letter but facing the risk of being rejected;
3. wait for the degree certificate available next month but my time will be very limited as my deadline is 13.01.2021.

Please please help!
Best regards,
YY

cyystef

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
The reason why I am anxious is that the Hong Kong police certificate needs a request letter from IRCC, which means I need to submit an application first so that IRCC will send me the request letter, but what if I get rejected because of incomplete documents...

Chihaz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hi, I got my ITA, and currently, I am preparing documents. While searching for some possible rejection reasons I suddenly notice that not uploading the original degree may be directly rejected??? I am shocked but thankful to know this before submission.

Here is my situation: I have already got my ECA and an Award Letter from my university (actually this letter and original transcript helped me get my ECA), but the original copy will not be ready until the graduation ceremony next month. Could you suggest what I should do?

2. submit anyway and attach an explanation letter but facing the risk of being rejected;
3. wait for the degree certificate available next month but my time will be very limited as my deadline is 13.01.2021.

Please please help!
Best regards,
YY
I don't understand, why would you decline ITA when your deadline is 31/01/2021 and you are getting your degree in November? That is 2 months before deadline?

Reactions: fsw_hk

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020

Please please help!
Best regards,
YY
Get your other documents ready and submit once you get your original degree, if your statement is true you have enough time to upload

cyystef

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
I don't understand, why would you decline ITA when your deadline is 31/01/2021 and you are getting your degree in November? That is 2 months before deadline?
My university issued a certifying letter that the degree has been awarded but the certificate will not be available until the graduation ceremony in November, which was accepted by WES. This is why I have an ECA without an original degree certificate.

Chihaz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
My university issued a certifying letter that the degree has been awarded but the certificate will not be available until the graduation ceremony in November, which was accepted by WES. This is why I have an ECA without an original degree certificate.
Yes i understood that part. Basically i was saying there is no need to decline. Your original degree you will receive in November, if you have gathered all documents you could submit your application same day or the next after receiving the degree. That will be 2 months before your deadline. Good luck

cyystef

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Yes i understood that part. Basically i was saying there is no need to decline. Your original degree you will receive in November, if you have gathered all documents you could submit your application same day or the next after receiving the degree. That will be 2 months before your deadline. Good luck
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have given up that stupid idea:) Because I need to get a Hong Kong police certificate that requires a request letter from IRCC after AOR, and the processing and delivery time takes about 1-2 months, I am a bit worried. Anyway, finger crossed and thank you again.

Chihaz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have given up that stupid idea:) Because I need to get a Hong Kong police certificate that requires a request letter from IRCC after AOR, and the processing and delivery time takes about 1-2 months, I am a bit worried. Anyway, finger crossed and thank you again.
No problem, you just explain in your letter of explanation. Crossing fingers for you!