+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hey guys.

Jaymaticc

Sep 4, 2019
greetings everyone, I just have a question. So my girlfriend and I plan on getting married when she comes back in January, my question is that I wanted that when she goes back, that I will visit her in her country and meet her parents and other relatives and get some pictures and such to show for the application. Do you think that is necessary? Can we just start the application once we're married here and provide other sufficient amount of proof without me physically meeting her parents as of yet, or will it look like it was a rushed marriage and not genuine at all. Thanks for your time, p.s, some of her family like her mom and dad don't speak english, i've video chatted with them with her there translating.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You will likely want to meet them and get photos with them before you apply.

Is a large cultural wedding a common thing in her country? If it is, and you don't do a large cultural wedding, that may also create some issues.

Jaymaticc

Sep 4, 2019
thanks for your reply k.h.p, no they are not very cultural when it comes to weddings. In fact we just wanted to do a simple civil wedding here in Canada. We are getting married here regardless, her parents and family as well as mine have already agreed. I was just thinking for the proof of genuine part of relationship that meeting and getting pictures with them would be beneficial for the application.