+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Here is the deal... Any advice much appreciated

western

May 19, 2010
Ok, so I am coming to the point of almost giving up on this pursuit of becoming a Canadian. Starting with a quick background. Will try to keep it short and sweet.

I graduated with a 4 year degree in 2008. For the past 6 months I have been working at a Banks direct brokerage's call center and prior to that worked around 8.5 months at the sames banks personal banking call center.
Now from what I have to gathered through the NOC matrix my work at the brokearge is 1113 (Type A) and telephone banking job is 1434 (Type C).

Now this where the problems lies I will be leaving this current job (multiple reasons) and with my Work permit expiring in 2011 July I am not sure I have enough time left to get an eligible job and make up the remaining time of 6 months. I might be better off heading back home and be a little bit more productive in life. I haven't met my family in a long time and I am really feeling depressed and exhausted at this moment.

So any advice, comments or something I am overlooking here would be much appreciated.

PS forgot to add my sister though not living in canada is a canadian citizen.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
western said:
I graduated with a 4 year degree in 2008. - From a Canadian university?

Now this where the problems lies I will be leaving this current job (multiple reasons) and with my Work permit expiring in 2011 July - What type of work permit?

I am not sure I have enough time left to get an eligible job and make up the remaining time of 6 months. I might be better off heading back home and be a little bit more productive in life. I haven't met my family in a long time and I am really feeling depressed and exhausted at this moment.

Sounds like you need a vacation. Take some time off after you leave your job (or better yet, take all your vacation time before you leave your job) and go home - it will help you decide what is important to you. You can decide after that.

PS forgot to add my sister though not living in canada is a canadian citizen.

So, you're thinking you could pursue this at a later date, if your sister returns to Canada and could sponsor you...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Can't be sponsored by a sister, can get 5 adaptability points if she is residing in Canada. Phone centre in brokerage is probably not 1113 read the requirements.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Whoops, am corrected, no sponsoring avail frm your sister, possibly some points if she were in Canada (points are relevant to the FSW program if you went that route instead of the CEC program, but that wouldn't make much sense for you).

Check with your employer's HR department, perhaps they can tell you what the appropriate NOC code is for your job (assuming it's not listed on your work permit).

Getting that skilled experience is tough for recent grads, you're not alone. Don't know what else to suggest, beyond looking for that new job, or consider graduate school...

But take a vacation first! :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the sister ends up living in Alberta, Manitoba or Saskatchewan at some point, it would be possible for her to sponsor a sibling under the provincial nominee programs of those provinces but other criteria would have to be met.

western

May 19, 2010
- jesON - I have decided to heed to your advice and really think I need to take off for a bit and go back home (i haven't seen my family in over 4 years) Thank you for the reply

First thing first - I am fairly sure my existing work is falling under 1113 (Type A) since I place orders for stocks and mutual funds over the phone for brokerage clients and my title would be investment representative.

*IMPORTANT QUESTION*Instead of quitting - my work has offered one month unpaid vacation, does this time go towards my 1 year experience for work eligibility or do I have to make that time up in the future.

Thank you for the reply's looking forward to hearing from you.

western

May 19, 2010
*bump*

*IMPORTANT QUESTION*Instead of quitting - my work has offered one month unpaid vacation, does this time go towards my 1 year experience for work eligibility or do I have to make that time up in the future.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010